A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Anyone built a snow plough for the front of one of those  Get Wired Retrospectively Colletts? I arsk as two were used at 72A for ploughing the nasty white stuff off the Dartmoor tracks around 1964.

Thank you.

P

• RMweb Premium

I arsk as two were used at 72A for ploughing the nasty white stuff off the Dartmoor tracks around 1964.

I didn't know the Rolling Stones were on Dartmoor in the winter of '64?

• Like 1

Another top bloke who on this thread is Stubby47(Stu) and he's had a play with a couple of photos from a couple of weeks back.A Hall on an up cattle train passes as a prairie arrives at Brent.

attachicon.gifmsg-7025-0-66196200-1464036198.jpeg

attachicon.gifmsg-7025-0-48891700-1464036201.jpeg

Thanks Stu.

Quite worried by the unseasonable snowdrift/avalanche just beyond the bridge......left the thread already....

• RMweb Gold

Quite worried by the unseasonable snowdrift/avalanche just beyond the bridge......left the thread already....

It could be a china clay spillage from earlier...

post-126-0-95142900-1464097438_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-05134600-1464097461_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-52736100-1464097485_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Anyone built a snow plough for the front of one of those  Get Wired Retrospectively Colletts? I arsk as two were used at 72A for ploughing the nasty white stuff off the Dartmoor tracks around 1964.

Thank you.

P

Not for a Collect, but i built one that force fits onto the front of a Mainline pannier. Will not fit Bachmann, because of the way chassis fits to the body.

• RMweb Gold

Not for a Collect, but i built one that force fits onto the front of a Mainline pannier. Will not fit Bachmann, because of the way chassis fits to the body.

Interesting that you mention the difference between apparently identical Mainline and early Bachmann locos.

This forces me to make a most serious admission, one that is almost impossible to extrude between my gritted teeth, but I do actually own models of two LNER locos. Both are J72s and although one is moribund due to a non-working old Mainline chassis, the other is working. Neither are in LNER or BR livery, both having reputedly been 'sold out of service', one to a light railway in Herefordshire, the other to the NCB (in North Somerset, of course).

When I was trying to replace the original Mainline chassis for the NCB example, I initially bought what was billed as a 'replacement' Bachmann chassis, but found that this wouldn't fit the Mainline J72 body. In the end, I built a Perseverence chassis for it, and am very happy with its running now.

I just thought it odd that in a short space of time, Bachmann had redesigned the chassis to the extent that the new ones wouldn't fit the old Mainline bodies.

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

Thank you.

P

I know they did 'cos I saw one at ecksmuff junction shed.

• RMweb Premium

I'm surprised that 'muff' passed the Mod Strainer.

P

###### didn't yesterday in a status update...

edit: that  (######) would be d.ong (as in ding-d.ong)

Edited by Tim Dubya

###### didn't yesterday in a status update...

edit: that  (######) would be d.ong (as in ding-d.ong)

"Dilly ding dilly ######" even that nice polite Mr Ranieri's catch phrase gets censored on here.....

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

I see you've taken the tanky off now that the load has increased to 5 plus brake.

Studying one of your favourite books 'Steam in Cornwall' by Peter Gray.A few nice shots of wagons in use at various locations. The 72xx will return on a more suited job soon.

• Like 3

Due to unforeseen circumstances I haven't been able to do a great deal of work lately, but most of what I have been doing has been Great Western ... what's going on!!!

One commission was a Bachmann Dukedog resprayed and renumbered as No.3211. The colour used is Phoenix P10 GWR loco green - thanks Rob (among others), GWR roundel and power/weight restriction are HMRS transfers, the etched numberplates are Modelmaster.

GWR Dukedog renumbered as No.3211

Glenn
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Due to unforeseen circumstances I haven't been able to do a great deal of work lately, but most of what I have been doing has been Great Western ... what's going on!!!

One commission was a Bachmann Dukedog resprayed and renumbered as No.3211. The colour used is Phoenix P10 GWR loco green - thanks Rob (among others), GWR roundel and power/weight restriction are HMRS transfers, the etched numberplates are Modelmaster.

Glenn

This photo was popular last year and black really suits them.

post-126-0-34454100-1464114312.jpeg

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Studying one of your favourite books 'Steam in Cornwall' by Peter Gray.A few nice shots of wagons in use at various locations. The 72xx will return on a more suited job soon.

I do like Mr Gray's photos. Must look for his photo of the big tanky in a scrapyard.