A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

I'm bidding on this GWR thank for Rob: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/142004386317?_mwBanner=1

More like something from the Bulleid stable: a Leader-shunter perhaps?, but this time with the fireman almost completely entombed, but able to hang out of the holes in the body sides.

When out on the road, these were used by signalmen to gauge the state of desperation of the wretched fellow: hanging out of the smallest one, first stages of heat exhaustion; the middle-sized one, short periods of giddiness (a special bell code allowed the bobby to alert the box in advance to summon medical assistance); the third, largest one, on the verge of total collapse.

Lateral thinker, our Mr. Bullied.

Or maybe not.

Cheers,

BR(W).

• RMweb Premium

Brian, that LMS Coach looks like an attempt at a Stanier Period 3 Corridor 3rd or Compo. What I can tell is that it is Crimson Lake and pre '48; that's clever isn't it? 

Grand wide angle shots of the layout as St. E says. First time I've got an idea of how the layout looks in the 'shed'.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

More like something from the Bulleid stable: a Leader-shunter perhaps?, but this time with the fireman almost completely entombed, but able to hang out of the holes in the body sides.

When out on the road, these were used by signalmen to gauge the state of desperation of the wretched fellow: hanging out of the smallest one, first stages of heat exhaustion; the middle-sized one, short periods of giddiness (a special bell code allowed the bobby to alert the box in advance to summon medical assistance); the third, largest one, on the verge of total collapse.

Lateral thinker, our Mr. Bullied.

Or maybe not.

Cheers,

BR(W).

Grayson has been informed.

Ivor.

• RMweb Gold

I like the wide view in the second photo. Although it makes it more obvious that we are looking at a model, it helps me to visualise how it all fits together.

Here's a view over the other side shewing the fiddle yard/Tigley Junction.

post-126-0-56642200-1464432520_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Grayson has been informed.

Ivor.

Think I'll nip over to the L.N.W.R. thread and get Captain Huish and his thugs to lend me assistance.

Oh, hang on a mo. That will mean mixing with people who inhabit the Wonderful World of Webb where driving wheels can revolve in opposite directions.

Now not even Bulleid managed that.

Just have to take my chances then - how rough can Grayson Perry be, anyway?

Cheers,

BR(W).

• RMweb Premium

Spamalot. Nice..........

I'm going to be an ar$e and suggest you put  little and very thin slivers of plasticard over the slide bar slots, same shape as the fitting. That is, of course, unless Spams (2 many), tells us that was removed from this loco in this condition.

P

I am an arse. After extensive research it is unlikely that this loco had the covers on the slide bars and if it did they were removed after a short time and the front Sand Boxes blocked off.

Philth.

• RMweb Gold

Think I'll nip over to the L.N.W.R. thread and get Captain Huish and his thugs to lend me assistance.

Oh, hang on a mo. That will mean mixing with people who inhabit the Wonderful World of Webb where driving wheels can revolve in opposite directions.

Now not even Bulleid managed that.

Just have to take my chances then - how rough can Grayson Perry be, anyway?

Cheers,

BR(W).

Damn your impudence Sir!!

Clearly there is a need to introduce myself. Can I suggest a four o'clock appointment at the boot room.

I would advise you send a note to Matron, prior to attending, so as to allow her to make suitable provision for your resulting discomfort.

Four o'clock, Sir.

Good day to you.

Grayson.

post-14122-0-38158500-1464497779.jpeg