A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

As it would appear some others are as well, the boy and I are off to railex tomorrow. I'll be watching the car park for any dodgy 72xx transactions but If you think you see me, do say hello (the boy will be wearing either his tornado or princess Elizabeth teeshirt). To get my apologies in early:

1) if we meet and I disappear in a random direction, I'm afraid I am not wholly in charge of the itinerary though I will be endeavouring to steer him to certain layouts...

2) if my rucksack clunks you, apologies, it won't be deliberate. However it is necessary to have food with me to (hopefully) avert the need for the next apology

3) if the boy is having a meltdown, it is almost certain I have done something wrong, probably not meeting his exact demand at that precise moment in time.

Before someone points it out

I'm aware Sunday is "family" day but given the boy is under 5, I don't get a saving and in any event we have to be somewhere else

Secondly, I know they are lockers for rucksacks but I refer you to point 3 above!

David

• RMweb Gold

If anyone on here is going on Sunday don't be shy to introduce yourself.

But how will we recognise you?  Will you be wearing brown and cream, green or maroon?  :scratchhead:

• RMweb Gold

But how will we recognise you?  Will you be wearing brown and cream, green or maroon?  :scratchhead:

As I'm going with Chris Two many Spams I shall wear my I love the Southern t shirt...

• RMweb Gold

As it happens, 2803, the vehicle nearest the camera, was damaged by enemy action at Hastings, but was rebuilt. 

Had the GWR sent someone down to Hastings?

Don

Well, if we're doing brown ones...

attachicon.gifp3_sepia.jpg

You speak for yourself!

Don

As I'm going with Chris Two many Spams I shall wear my I love the Southern t shirt...

.....I think you will find that t shirt run was cancelled due to lack of popular demand.....but I've managed to find something dry and factual about the Southern for you to wear:

post-9751-0-67918900-1464386229.jpg

No idea who the other bloke is though....

Edited by cary hill

To get back on topic with a few leftovers.

attachicon.gifDSCN8453.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8454.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8455.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8456.jpg

Just so I don't feel left out with all you OO lot!

post-21098-0-06967700-1464390894.jpg

Out of curiosity any rough ideas of the intended era of these coaches and what type were they supposed to be?  Hornby stock is hard to date, especially when headed by an original County which was gone three years before these coaches were introduced by Hornby in 1936.

Brian

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Just so I don't feel left out with all you OO lot!

attachicon.gif006 (640x352).jpg

Out of curiosity any rough ideas of the intended era of these coaches and what type were they supposed to be?  Hornby stock is hard to date, especially when headed by an original County which was gone three years before these coaches were introduced by Hornby in 1936.

Brian

Brian, 4073 was a D121 61' corridor brake third, introduced 1936. I think these were nicknamed Sunshine stock due to the large side lights (windows). I don't know anything about the LMS coach I'm afraid.

• RMweb Gold

Any news of the promised, stench free, footbridge- it takes forever to cross the line with so many trains.....

Mike

Production should start nin the next month all being well . It's desperately needed.

• Like 2