A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Hook Norton Brewery

post-20303-0-50242700-1464601733.jpeg

And literally a stones throw away is said pub

post-20303-0-21132100-1464601721.jpeg

A fine Victorian brewery strangely enough on my old stomping ground ( work and play )

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

I have said many times before that the generosity of people who follow this thread is heartwarming. An example yesterday was receiving this beauty from Graham Muz for my crew familiarisation turns by SR crews on GWR rails.

Anti Aircraft Command with Collett stock.

post-126-0-27920700-1464606961_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-76525500-1464606975_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-42104700-1464606991_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-15459100-1464607006_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-06979800-1464607041_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
I have said many times before that the generosity of people who follow this thread is heartwarming. An example yesterday was receiving this beauty from Graham Muz for my crew familiarisation turns by SR crews on GWR rails.

attachicon.gifDSCN8498.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8499.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8500.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8501.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8502.jpg[/in Brent in the finescale South Hams

I've noticed an outbreak of Spams

It's not to my taste -

It's seems such a waste

When we could see GW diagrams.

attachicon.gifDSCN8498.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8499.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8500.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8501.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8502.jpg

How quaint to put oil lamps on the front of a Bulleid - no need, it has electric lamps!, possibly Southern Electric lamps? ... okay I've gone too far.

Glenn

• RMweb Premium

How quaint to put oil lamps on the front of a Bulleid - no need, it has electric lamps!, possibly Southern Electric lamps? ... okay I've gone too far.

Glenn

It did happen on the family turns. See page 42 of Steam on West of England Main Lines (Peter W. Gray).

Phil

It did happen on the family turns. See page 42 of Steam on West of England Main Lines (Peter W. Gray).

Phil

Blimey, if that electricity stuff was far too complicated for chocolate and cream brigade in 1947 ... "Look mother a magic candle!", perhaps that is why the GW mainline is only being electrified now?

I'll put my flak jacket on. :no:

Edited by mattingleycustom

• RMweb Gold

Is that the meat can Muz gave you yesterday.  :smoke:

I can do slightly better. Only the stripey shirt defeats me - is that Ed Cayton? And who has admitted to owning the rucksack under the table, eh?

The old bag ruck sack belongs to the lovely lady who took or photo she was take by surprise when us lot plonked ourselves down next to her.

Nay lad, the "Gate Hangs High"   Close though!

Ahh! Not actually in Hooky, it's on the crossroads ( been to all of em over the years ) .

If anyone is close to Bicester and you want a real gem of a pub the Peyton Arms at Stoke Lyne is worth finding out. Hic !

G

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Also put in the man bag yesterday was this Bachmann Hall kindly loaned to this thread by the venerable Captain Kernow.I think this is my first black WR engine to grace the layout, thanks CK.

post-126-0-44592800-1464626023_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Is that the meat can Muz gave you yesterday.  :smoke:

The old bag ruck sack belongs to the lovely lady who took or photo she was take by surprise when us lot plonked ourselves down next to her.

I hope the St Johns team were on hand to revive the poor woman after that incident?

Rob, Argyle were sh1te so no beer next season sadly.

OK. Prototype fact........ Spams, and unrebuilt ones in particular, sounded like old fashioned bog cisterns refilling when they were standing and with the Injectors running.

If a DCC Sound Chip for a 'Spam' does not replicate that then it is carp.

Philth.

• Like 2

As it's not mine I can't change it....

Send it down to me Rob I've just got my airbrush at the ready ......

post-20303-0-37741000-1464636172_thumb.jpeg

I'm sure I'll please most of the viewers with a choice of livery !

Don't think the Captain would notice :)

Edited by bgman
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As it's not mine I can't change it....

Actually, Robin, I really don't mind. I know you'll do a good job, too. Just don't give the job to Grahame!

I really like the look of the lined BR black with the crimson & cream coaches, always a favourite livery combination for me (sorry Brian in USA!).

• Like 2