Pencarrow: nothing to see, move along please.

2ManySpams

• RMweb Gold

What's your source Stu?

Just wondering because 4" means the valance works out to be about 3/4 of the width of the building. They look nearly equal in photos.

Pure guesswork. :)

Could be 3 inches.

Edited by Stubby47

• RMweb Premium

Pure guesswork. :)

Could be 3 inches.

That would make it worse!

For the canopy to be roughly the same width of slightly smaller the the building I reckon that the planks are between 5 and 6" wide. Seems wide to me but narrower planks means the over width isn't enough.

Chris

I used to have a chunk of the valence from Kingsbridge (GW) and it was 6 inches wide. You would expect them to use a standard plank width, really. I love that photo of Bodmin North - can we see the rest of it, please? The railbus is W79977, which seems to have been the most photographed of the pair. Looking past that wonderful Ford Capri 109E (which was quite rare, even at the time) we can see the Shell garage on the main road and even the café where I had lunch in 1963. Brilliant!

John

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Chris

I used to have a chunk of the valence from Kingsbridge (GW) and it was 6 inches wide. You would expect them to use a standard plank width, really. I love that photo of Bodmin North - can we see the rest of it, please? The railbus is W79977, which seems to have been the most photographed of the pair. Looking past that wonderful Ford Capri 109E (which was quite rare, even at the time) we can see the Shell garage on the main road and even the café where I had lunch in 1963. Brilliant!

John

What  I've not found yet is a photo of the main road with the cafe and she'll garage. Probably doesn't exist.

• RMweb Premium

Chris

John

My W79977:

post-6675-0-16799300-1481396741_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

So, how wide do folk think each of the planks is in the canopy valance? I'm trying to work out the overall width of the canopy. I have the station building drawings but they don't include the canopy.

Do you have another picture of the canopy... Is there anything you can do with the angle of the roof and the overall height or the footprint. (maybe compared with the station or an Arial shot). A bit of pythagaros?

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Do you have another picture of the canopy... Is there anything you can do with the angle of the roof and the overall height or the footprint. (maybe compared with the station or an Arial shot). A bit of pythagaros?

Andy

Working on it...