Pencarrow: nothing to see, move along please.

2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

I like the way you have managed to get the loco to sit level, only using one rail, must save a lot of time track building!

Tongue Pressed firmly in cheek!!

I used a short length of foam board under the other side. It did look daft leaning

• RMweb Gold

I'm gonna tell you a story.  Today I went to an OF's Christmas lunch in Exeter (Exeter is relevant - just wait).  When i left home I thought my back was a bit heavy and when looking through it after I'd got on the train I found a long missing tape measure (tape measure is relevant - just wait).

On my return to St Davids I used the very little used passenger lifts and the former parcels & mails footbridge - this is very relevant.  I had plenty of time so reached up to see if I could get at the valencing - I could.  So I took my tape measure out of the bag and measured the valencing across the flat part of the plank where it was just t&g and not cut narrower.  AND THE RESULT WAS - 6.5 inches.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

I'm gonna tell you a story.  Today I went to an OF's Christmas lunch in Exeter (Exeter is relevant - just wait).  When i left home I thought my back was a bit heavy and when looking through it after I'd got on the train I found a long missing tape measure (tape measure is relevant - just wait).

On my return to St Davids I used the very little used passenger lifts and the former parcels & mails footbridge - this is very relevant.  I had plenty of time so reached up to see if I could get at the valencing - I could.  So I took my tape measure out of the bag and measured the valencing across the flat part of the plank where it was just t&g and not cut narrower.  AND THE RESULT WAS - 6.5 inches.

What were the chances of that Mike? All those things coming together to end up with you measuring 6.5"...

Thanks for the confirmation - 6.5" or there abouts keeps cropping up so I'm happy it's not as much of an issue (or unusual) as I first thought. 

• RMweb Gold

That's dedication Mike.

Don 

• RMweb Gold

What were the chances of that Mike? All those things coming together to end up with you measuring 6.5"...

Thanks for the confirmation - 6.5" or there abouts keeps cropping up so I'm happy it's not as much of an issue (or unusual) as I first thought. 

The lucky thing was that when I first picked the bag up at home I thought it was heavy but didn't bother to look to see why - so finding the tape measure too late to leave it at home was probably the key to it all.  However using the lift served footbridge at St Davids was a major help as the other footbridge is so busy I doubt I'd even get a chance to try but the east one was deserted apart from me and had the advantage that the crucial part was low enough to reach.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The lucky thing was that when I first picked the bag up at home I thought it was heavy but didn't bother to look to see why - so finding the tape measure too late to leave it at home was probably the key to it all.  However using the lift served footbridge at St Davids was a major help as the other footbridge is so busy I doubt I'd even get a chance to try but the east one was deserted apart from me and had the advantage that the crucial part was low enough to reach.

What are the numbers for this Saturday's lottery ?

Noting Mike's post above...  the standard size of boarding for the floor and interior of Dean's carriages is....  6 1/2" or 3.8mm in 7mm scale.   Info courtesy of Pete Speller who assists in the renovation of this part of GWR heritage.

• RMweb Premium

Size isn't everything...

• RMweb Gold

It doesn't buy you poverty either....

Not sure about that Rob there are plenty who had loads of money took up gambling and are now poor. Alternatively give me double what you have that should put you in poverty. Is it a deal?

Don

• Like 1

I'm satisfied that the original photo hasn't been stretched as I've just dropped a screen capture from a DVD over the top and the heights and widths match beautifully: 

attachicon.gifScreenHunter_420 Dec. 11 12.39.jpg

Chris could you say which DVD's you have with Bodmin footage on please.

I am thinking of moving the viewing operating side to the station side. Less reaching and the bank might be a better back edge. I need to ponder more.

• RMweb Premium

I am thinking of moving the viewing operating side to the station side. Less reaching and the bank might be a better back edge. I need to ponder more.

Good question, not sure which DVD it is from three possibles. Means I'm going to have to watch them doesn't it...

There is some Bodmin North footage on Branch Line Videos BLV09-09-00021 "Memories of the Bodmin and Wadebridge Railway", but only a short section.

John

• RMweb Premium

Peter, I've dug out the DVDs and think it's this one with the most footage on:

post-6675-0-46768800-1481840485_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-65590500-1481840509_thumb.jpg

There's a little bit on this one too:

post-6675-0-55223700-1481842449_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-86754400-1481842470_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Question for those with prototype knowledge - what is the angle / grade of the sloped section at the end of platforms. I've read it somewhere but can't find the source again.

According to the G0G Manual it's 1 in 8.

Dave

Thanks Chris. I will look for copies. I have been back on Templot today. I wanted to make a couple of changes.

You said the other day about the knee frame. It was locked electrically, and in one photo I think of the railcar from the weighbridge side there are to holes in platform face the left one is in line with the frame and the other looks like it clears the linkage to the blades.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Chris. I will look for copies. I have been back on Templot today. I wanted to make a couple of changes.

You said the other day about the knee frame. It was locked electrically, and in one photo I think of the railcar from the weighbridge side there are to holes in platform face the left one is in line with the frame and the other looks like it clears the linkage to the blades.

I'm going for three recesses in my platform face. One inline with the knee frame, and one in line with each of the tie bars of the engine release crossover.