RMweb

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod
Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Gold

This does raise the possibility that Schrödinger was indeed referring to the one often let out of the bag; the one that requires more space than a small room offers.

In this case it is only functioning as a 'cat' at the point of impact. During the 'withdraw' and 'strike' cycles, it is merely multiple strands of leather (or whatever) in the form of a fan and my be interpreted for other purposes at that point...

(...said my wife, in a playful frame of mind...)

The 'cat o'nine tails'...

Your wife is too clever for you!

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

Ah, but how do we know it's pregnant?

Well the cat has been very emotional recently and has developed a liking for pickles and ice cream.

Edited by teaky

Yes, never underestimate a cat.

Our cat Treacle, then less than one year, fancies snacking on Poppy, our whippet. That swishing tail indicated something was about to kick off.

• Like 1

If she can get it, surely we can...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNTMYNj2Ulk

Penny - on Schroedinger's cat   "There's this cat in a box and until you open it, it is either dead or alive or both. Although back in Nebraska, our cat got stuck in my brother's camp trunk and we did not need to open it to know there was a dead cat in there."

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

TELEPHONE POLES

The telephone company needed to hire two more telephone pole installers and the choice came down to two from Poland and two Irish men.

So the boss met both teams and said “Here’s what we’ll do. Each team will be installing poles out on the new road for a day.  The team that installs the most poles gets the job.”

Both teams headed right out.  At the end of the shift, when the two Polish guys reported back, the boss asked them how many they had installed.

They said it was tough going but they had put in twelve.

Forty five  minutes later, Paddy & Mick came back in, totally exhausted.  “Well, how many poles did you guys install?” said the boss.

Mick wiped his brow and sighed, “Paddy & me, we got three in.”  The boss gasped, “Three?  Those two Polish blokes put in twelve!”

“Yeah,” said Mick, “But did ya see how much they left sticking out of the ground.”

All this philosophy is making my brain hurt, so let us close with the immortal....

“To be is to do”—Socrates.

“To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre.

“Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra (model railway enthusiast).

Jim

"Do do de do do, de do do, de do do, manah, manah" Kermit the frog (apologies: Kermit the member of the European Union)

A couple of make dogs are sat next to each other at the vets, one turns to the other.

‘What are you here for?’

‘Well we kept going down the park and my boss would throw this stick away, so every time I would go and get it back for him, but he would just throw it away again, so finally I had enough, and I bit him in the neck.’

‘Wow, the big chop then?’

‘Afraid so, how about you?’

‘I was sat in the kitchen and my mistress kept bending down to the draws, and I thought, you know she has a nice bottom. So the next time she did it, I bit her knickers off, jumped on her back, and gave her one.’

‘Blooming heck. Big chop for you as well then?’

‘No, claws clipping.’

Edited by Jamiel

• RMweb Premium

"Do do de do do, de do do, de do do, manah, manah" Kermit the frog (apologies: Kermit the member of the European Union)

You've just been listening to Simon Mayo on Radio 2.... (or just lucky timing that you've mentioned that track as it's always played on his Friday teatime request show as the second item about 4.10pm.............)

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1