Inspection Saloon

Chameleon

Yup had been looking at that too - hoped to use a bar to avoid "shuttling" when propelling at low speed but we have taken all the NEM pockets off our locos.

DUR!!!!

Phil

A couple of options I've found for rigid bars are brawa 2250 or ribu 85505 couplings. Can't post links at the moment as everytime I leave this tab the stupid ipad reloads it and wipes out everything I've typed!

Norm.

Got into the Saloon and added figures, 2 seated up front, one standing behind them and a Guard in the middle. Couple of tips for anyone trying it, do not glue both end of the front mounted connector to the saloon front and underneath as you will struggle to separate the body and chassis if you do. I put my figures at one end, the end with more space between the side windows and the front, this is more forgiving re hiding any chopped legs than the other end. Finally I could not see how two separate the hand rails without breaking them, they are a soft plastic.

Interestingly when you get into it, there is a 6 hob cooker sink and urn in the kitchen area, although opaque you can just see through the kitchen windows if you hold it up to the light.

post-4700-0-52910000-1409176119_thumb.jpg

post-4700-0-01511700-1409176175_thumb.jpg

post-4700-0-80628500-1409176222_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

I had my email from Hattons yesterday to say the BR one that I ordered in early May is on the way at £50.96 plus £4 postage.

Earlier posts on this thread have indicated that some people who have ordered more recently have managed to obtain theirs at the originally offered price of £42.50 and at least one post implied they got theirs without paying postage. Is that limited to the Blue/Grey versions only or has anyone been fortunate in getting the BR maroon one at the cheaper rate?

• RMweb Premium

They are £59.00 at some shops.

I appreciate that Hattons are discounting them but it seemed as though later orders were possibly being serviced at an even greater discount than orders placed earlier which would be worth challenging Hattons over on a point of principle.

Edited by Ray H

I appreciate that Hattons are discounting them but it seemed as though later orders were possibly being serviced at an even greater discount than orders placed earlier which would be worth challenging Hattons over on a point of principle.

I am not sure that this is correct, I may be wrong, I placed my order (Blue Gray) on 14/03/2013 and got it at £42.50 + P&P. But this may only apply to the Blue Gray version

Edited by Tigger

Earlier posts on this thread have indicated that some people who have ordered more recently have managed to obtain theirs at the originally offered price of £42.50 and at least one post implied they got theirs without paying postage.

Hi Ray,

I didn't imply it, I stated it as fact.  I pre-ordered mine, as did many others.  It was well known that there would be a good chance Hattons would honour advertised (pre-increase) prices.  I have pre-ordered a number of other items for that reason, although Hattons reserves the right to alter the pricing should they need to.  Not that anyone is bound by their "shop window" as it were.

Regarding postage, you're as good as the deal you negotiate.  I have spent the equivalent of the GDP of a Central American Dictatorship over the years.

Alun

• RMweb Premium

Cheers chaps.

It may be that Hattons didn't envisage the B/G ones shifting as fast as the others so they left the price lower. Hence the question about colour. That said, I believe Hattons advertised price of all versions has been applied equally throughout so that when one price rose, the others did too.

My main gripe was that from what I read in earlier posts herein several get the original price despite ordering after I did - and I also ordered a number of other items at the same time.

Hattons didn't ask for increased prices on their immediate sales of B/G versions because they didn't feel that they had time to give their pre-order customers adequate notice of the price increase.  They took quite a hit as a consequence and it says a lot for the company's excellent customer service.  I've no gripe whatever with paying their higher price for my LMS pre-order.

• RMweb Gold

Taken the plunge and ordered one, there must be a photo somewhere of one on the S&D. I think the price is very good for something with, possibly, limited appeal.

They did use inspection saloons on the S&D, but the reason for such trips was rarely in the long-term interests of that line...

• RMweb Premium

Hattons didn't ask for increased prices on their immediate sales of B/G versions because they didn't feel that they had time to give their pre-order customers adequate notice of the price increase.  They took quite a hit as a consequence and it says a lot for the company's excellent customer service.  I've no gripe whatever with paying their higher price for my LMS pre-order.

Many thanks. I'm happy with and can understand that answer. It was along the lines I was thinking i.e. the cheaper price was applicable to just one version of the model.

• RMweb Gold

Just to go in the opposite direction, how long would the LMS livery have endured past 1948?

Cheers,

David

A guess...into crimson& cream c1950/1 ?. Then full BR maroon c 1956/7 ? 'Big Four' liveries hung around for quite a few years post 1948

On holiday in Colwyn Bay August 1952, for most LM express passenger stock...including the newly constructed BR Mark 1's....crimson & cream was the order of the day...and Duchesses were in blue..or black as were Princess Royals..the latter not in black.

Scots ,Jubilees & Patriots were in BR green. 46148 The Manchester Regiment was in original form

Use

Edited by Ian Hargrave

Received my BR Maroon version about 30 minutes ago - a rather late in the day delivery from City Link but apparently they're very busy! First impressions are very good, but I'll wait for the cold light of day for a proper inspection.

Having read through some previous posts, the notion that the corporate image version spent some time North of the border may also inspire a purchase!

• Like 1

They did use inspection saloons on the S&D, but the reason for such trips was rarely in the long-term interests of that line...

Now to find that elusive picture of one being shoved over Midford Viaduct by a Garratt. :sungum:

Edited by JZ
  • Like 3