Heljan Warley 2013 news

Dagworth

LT Bo-Bo electric in RtR

That is great news

I wonder if anyone will be doing a sound file for it

It is good news but I would welcome some matching coaching stock for it to haul. Some Steam stock (aka Dreadnoughts) to current standards would be useful as they could also develop into a range for the MW/MV units. 

Guest maxthemapman

Strangest Met BoBo loco possibility:

With dwindling need for loco-hauled trains, London Transport tried to persuade the Southern Railway to take them off their hands, so imagine two locos in SR malachite topping/tailing an eight coach rake of suburban carriages.

Oh and 1 other thing about Sarah Siddons was that rumour control intimated it was for the Blue team, not the Danes, so who knows what might happen there?

With my thirst for Scottish Bo-Bos the Danes ARE the Blue Team :angel:

Heljan Metvick? Great! Just when my Radley kit is in the final decoration stage! Still, it looks good already. One of the Heljan RTRs has my name on it once I see it for sale.... I promise to try not to run them too closely on the layout!

It is a 'minority' taste, perhaps, but then many RTR models increasingly are - you could argue the current craze for southern region electrics is also to satisfy a 'minority'.

In another forum I once raised the point that probably a significant proportion of daily passenger journeys made nationally within the UK are made on London's regional networks. Somehow this has not previously been represented in the model railway sphere. Three-rail electrics are clearly popular and presumably selling well, so how about more RTR LU/LT four-rail models? There are many of us who find London's commuter railways as fascinating as the 'real' ones, and for the record I have lived on the Welsh west coast for 30 years!

And Heljan, what coaches are you going to market to be pulled by the Metvick ..... ?

I am glad people are happy with the announcement but how Sarah Siddons can be viable when it seems AC electric train models such as the class 90 aren't baffles me!

Mark

Sarah Siddons is a much loved, attractive 90 year old preserved locomotive whereas the Class 90s are 25 year old locomotives that most people don't care about. QED.

Sarah Siddons is a much loved, attractive 90 year old preserved locomotive whereas the Class 90s are 25 year old locomotives that most people don't care about. QED.

Yes, and the class 68 as a 0 years old locomotive and it already is getting a model. Clearly it has nothing to do with age. And I'm not even remotely convinced Sarah Siddons will turn more profit than a 90.

Yes, and the class 68 as a 0 years old locomotive and it already is getting a model. Clearly it has nothing to do with age. And I'm not even remotely convinced Sarah Siddons will turn more profit than a 90.

It's new so will have a lot of interest in the railway world, plus the model manufacturer can easily get the CAD's from the manufacturer of the prototype and I suspect that they will go out of their way to help them as it will promote their product. Plus the most obvious reason is that it is a diesel so will naturally be more popular than an electric loco.

It's new so will have a lot of interest in the railway world, plus the model manufacturer can easily get the CAD's from the manufacturer of the prototype and I suspect that they will go out of their way to help them as it will promote their product. Plus the most obvious reason is that it is a diesel so will naturally be more popular than an electric loco.

The case is not that the 68 won't sell. The case is the 90 should sell at least as good as Sarah, It beats it by all parameters except age (livery variations, widespread, all sorts of workings....).

I am glad people are happy with the announcement but how Sarah Siddons can be viable when it seems AC electric train models such as the class 90 aren't baffles me!

Mark

Because 90's are boring and mundane workhorses, and I doubt we'll even see one preserved. Unfortunately any future new locos had better be of a very high standard, as Hornby still seems to persist with selling the old tooling in new liveries to those who want a 90.

Sarah Siddons has a certain charm and status that is missing from lots of other early electrics, and I can't see the same level of interest in other Met or NER electrics. I'll be ordering one as I like it, and would also have an all-new 90 in the ICML livery. Whether I decide to replace the 15 or so in my fleet is another matter, as the Bachmann 85 made me realise how woeful my aged detailed WCML fleet was.

Probably more models than people think are bought for display and occasional running. My P4 LT Pannier from the Bachmann 57xx sits well in my display case as I have no layout for it set up right now. Also I think the MetroVick is an 'honourable' steam locomotive so is of interest to the inter-war years modellers.

Whatever this surprise loco will be by Heljan at the NEC, will no doubt gather interest no doubt. As long as it is affordable in some way, then I will most likely buy it, whenever it gets released.

Has Heljan ever been in the DMU/DEMU/EMU market at all?. Maybe one of them, who knows

Archived