DJM wish list thread

DJM Dave

• RMweb Gold

I think a really good GW 14xx is needed - along with a modern standard auto coach. If the tooling were done well, it could also have the other variations including 48xx etc

Problem is that it would be up against what looks as if it could be a good 64XX (and autocoach) which is coming from Bachmann.  I know the geographical distribution of the two types leaves room for both - but does the model railway purchasing market?

How's about a proper looking, well thought out, correctly dimensioned LMS 6 wheel Stove in 4mm.... Oh, and don't bother with the crazy 'steering axles'.

If not that then how about some LMS non corridor coaches of the most common types, i.e. non lav. Comp, all 3rd and brake 3rd.

I'm sure you can beat hands down what is currently available. :beee:

Dave.

• Like 1

Problem is that it would be up against what looks as if it could be a good 64XX (and autocoach) which is coming from Bachmann.  I know the geographical distribution of the two types leaves room for both - but does the model railway purchasing market?

The Lionheart 64xx and autocoach are very good, though I'm sure DJM could come in at a slightly lower price. I imagine that quite a few of those interested in one would also be interested in the other.  

Oh!  Sigh. It seems that you might have been talking of 4mm.  Perhaps we all need to state which scale we are talking about and not assume ours is the only one that matters.  (7mm)

• RMweb Gold

The Lionheart 64xx and autocoach are very good, though I'm sure DJM could come in at a slightly lower price. I imagine that quite a few of those interested in one would also be interested in the other.  

Oh!  Sigh. It seems that you might have been talking of 4mm.  Perhaps we all need to state which scale we are talking about and not assume ours is the only one that matters.  (7mm)

I was talking of 4mm as that was where the previous posts appeared to be targetted - but you are right, with DJModels aiming at a multiplicity of scales it might not be a bad idea for us to say what we mean (e.g. 15XX 4mm scale Mr Jones).

• Like 1

Ohh, an official wishlist thread? Well how could I not?

DMUs

Class 117

Class 123

(I'd have said "Class 40" if Bachmann weren't already planing to shrink-ray theirs)

Rolling stock

Highfit/Highbar in N (which Bachmann don't seem to want to shrink-ray)

SALMON or Borail

Some decent plate (E.g. SPV) wagons

Warwell and Warflat

00 SPA's and variants are already in hand by another maker - FTG I think.

I would really like to see a new 00 model, even in kit form, of the Sheerness Steel JXA (and POA) 102t bogie scrap wagons, as built by PROCOR in the early 1980's, and as previously modelled in resin by Appleby Engineering, but no longer available. They were, and still are under new owners, used across the network, so would have wide appeal.

There is a very complex scratchbuilding thread elsewhere for these, but the Schlieren bogies and complex body trims are so difficult to reproduce by hand although Colin Craig has the former on his list. I asked Charlie at DC Kits if he would do them, but he said they would be too difficult to make due to the length, but as Appleby managed a fairly decent resin mould, and there are RTR models of the modern high and low sided Network Rail bogie ballast wagons which are just as long, this did not make sense to me.

Anyway, here's hoping....

Mike

• RMweb Gold

I would really like to see a new 00 model, even in kit form, of the Sheerness Steel JXA (and POA) 102t bogie scrap wagons, as built by PROCOR in the early 1980's, and as previously modelled in resin by Appleby Engineering, but no longer available. They were, and still are under new owners, used across the network, so would have wide appeal.

There is a very complex scratchbuilding thread elsewhere for these, but the Schlieren bogies and complex body trims are so difficult to reproduce by hand although Colin Craig has the former on his list. I asked Charlie at DC Kits if he would do them, but he said they would be too difficult to make due to the length, but as Appleby managed a fairly decent resin mould, and there are RTR models of the modern high and low sided Network Rail bogie ballast wagons which are just as long, this did not make sense to me.

Anyway, here's hoping....

Mike

What might be difficult for the likes of Charlie (DC) or Parkside as small artisan producers is not necessarily difficult for the major manufacturers with much more sophisticated kit.

Good Evening all,

I think we need to inject something 'special' into our hobby in the same way the 'Intercity 125' did for Inter-City rail travel back in the day, a real attention grabber, so, could we please have something modern and sleek looking produced, such as a............................

Class 442 'Wessex Electric' EMU

or

Class 375/376/377/378/379 'Electrostar' family of EMU's..........

Please Dave ?

Many Thanks,

Shed.

Great to see lots of interest in the class 442  - and why not , lovely looking unit,  very colourful liveries too, and DCC sound would be fun as the Wessex makes a proper 'English Electric' noise aswell.. 

Hope Mr Jones is taking note :)

Jon  

Great to see lots of interest in the class 442  - and why not , lovely looking unit,  very colourful liveries too, and DCC sound would be fun as the Wessex makes a proper 'English Electric' noise aswell.. 

Hope Mr Jones is taking note :)

Jon  

I'd have to say this is a very reasonable idea, as opposed to my niche market fantasy idea for a fully working DCC 'Kirow' crane !

Would the 'Chiltern' plug door Mk3's be do-able from a 'Wessie' maybe ?

Regards,

Shed.

unfortunately the basic mk3 body profile is the same as a Wessex , but that's about it ...lots of differences. The new Chiltern stock , particularly in the latest Chiltern livery does look lovely though - it even makes the humble Turbostar look very classy!

Jon

The Wessex unit is a big favourite of mine , although for RTR, in terms of a modern(ish) EMU, the 'no brainer' to me has always been the class 319 purely for sphere of operation. They're not as pretty as a 'Pig' though!. There is something about these sole-less modern units that translates very well in model form. I for example wouldn't look twice at a Desiro in real life , but the Bachmann model always gets my attention.

Jon

Edited by 43179

• RMweb Premium

Has anyone mentioned a 116 class?

I for one did a couple of pages back ;)

A 21st century V2 would be most appreciated

Have you asked those nice people who built a 21st Century A1 and gave us 60163?   :jester:

Edited by Gwiwer

• RMweb Premium

Caley Blue 812 0-6-0 please. Thought this was Bachmann territory but they seem to be studiously avoiding it. Failing that anything Scottish of 4-4-0 or 0-6-0 variety. And our close neighbours in the NER are also very neglected.

No more locomotives, there are enough of them around already.

1st geration long wheelbase DMUs

1950s/60s era wagons that have not previously appeared in model form either as a kit or RTR please!

In 4mm for me but I'm sure this equally apples to other scales.

Justin

Edited for clarity

Edited by jjnewitt