RMweb Live - 13/14 September - Ricoh Stadium, Coventry

Andy Y

How did your visit go today Andy.Any more news for us.

A very good visit to site and the facilities and the provision for the event are the very best that I've seen; we were extremely impressed and even more bright ideas came about.

Phil helpfully brought along a tape measure but we soon found it a bit limited.

Phil1.jpg

The Arena was test-driving the catering provisions, we'll be bringing in fans to waft the smell of noodles and hot dogs when lunch is ready.

Noodles.jpg

Saus.jpg

I've checked for CK and they're half-pounders.

I'm not sure that the Arena's coffee lounge is inclusive enough though.

P4.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Ah 1883.For the uninitiated that was the year Singers FC was formed who went on to become CCFC hence the bar at the Ricoh.However they don't live there any more. :O

Why the stern face Andy, you haven't just seen the Finching sisters have you. :jester:  

I learned not to beleive my out-of-date satnav. Also the M6 route is nicer than the one through Coventry.

The venue is superb though. They describe it as an exhibition hall with a football ground attached. This seems fair as the fascilities are as good as anywhere I've ever seen. The hall is big enough for now and if we ever need more space then there are a couple of slightly smaller areas as well. If you want to stay on site, there are hotel rooms, some of which overlook some sort of grassy playground that apparently isn't used as much as it used to be. We fancy dumping earth in the middle and letting the RC digger and truck people lose on it like they do at shows in Europe.

The location is pretty good too - a stroll away is the countrys biggest Tesco and attached shopping park should you need some toy train free time. More importantly, the cash machines inside the hall were free to use ones. In fact it's rather better supplied with these than the NEC. It's certainly less souless than the NEC can be.

A very good visit to site and the facilities and the provision for the event are the very best that I've seen; we were extremely impressed and even more bright ideas came about.

Phil helpfully brought along a tape measure but we soon found it a bit limited.

attachicon.gifPhil1.jpg

The Arena was test-driving the catering provisions, we'll be bringing in fans to waft the smell of noodles and hot dogs when lunch is ready.

attachicon.gifNoodles.jpg

attachicon.gifSaus.jpg

I've checked for CK and they're half-pounders.

I'm not sure that the Arena's coffee lounge is inclusive enough though.

attachicon.gifP4.jpg

No....  this is the club rep for a new type of holiday to include all age groups. 18-83 holidays.

I think Ibiza might have been better than Coventry...  but it is a start

attachicon.gifNoodles.jpg

attachicon.gifSaus.jpg

Plenty of the time for the caterers to practice getting railway station catering perfected, maybe they could give us some 1970's sandwiches with the corners curled up. 

What about getting one of the local model engineer groups to set up a miniature railway around the edge of the pitch. The outdoor area might as well be used for something as no football played on it.

Mind you I heard that there wasn't much played on it last season either!!! :jester:

What about getting one of the local model engineer groups to set up a miniature railway around the edge of the pitch. The outdoor area might as well be used for something as no football played on it.

Mind you I heard that there wasn't much played on it last season either!!! :jester:

Might get the biggest crowd for some time :)

• RMweb Gold

Nooo not Doombar, that horrible gassy stuff definitely does not agree with my insides! You can't go wrong with anything from Wychwood - Hobgoblin, Goliath etc!!!

Quite agree. The hint is in the name, Doom bar.

Should be done under the trades description act. Yeuch!!

Agreed on Wytchwood, although too many Hobgoblins could see some issues re layout operation........

Ringwood Old thumper would be acceptable along with anything from Badger brewery or Fullers..........

Tell you what let's just have a RMWEB real ale festival and forget the railways...

Rob

• RMweb Premium

Tell you what let's just have a RMWEB real ale festival and forget the railways...

An RMweb Real Ale festival where little trains deliver your drinks safely to your seat and Stubby creates suitable thunderboxes for relief later on ;)

I see from the local news that Coventry City Council are looking to sell their stake in the Ricoh. While it won't affect us, I wonder if there is an opportunity - anyone for a whipround?

Then the only question would be, waterslide, methfix or rub-down transfer?

attachicon.gifRMcoh.jpg

The freehold is not for sale, CCC are still considering selling the Arena's operating company, but not the outright site. 

But in other news, the NEC might be available...

• RMweb Premium

I've been following the 'My-name-is-Brian-I-am-a-RMwebaholic' thread. Perhaps we could provide counselling sessions for members?

Further to the above, what about aversion therapy. A layout with poorly laid track, insulfrog points and rolling stock from the old Lima and Triang-Hornby stable with a mix of wheel standards, coupling heights etc. 

• RMweb Premium

Further to the above, what about aversion therapy. A layout with poorly laid track, insulfrog points and rolling stock from the old Lima and Triang-Hornby stable with a mix of wheel standards, coupling heights etc. 

But I've got that now .  :sungum:

Archived