SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium
And there was me thinking he might have migrated to the NRM to supervise some work.

Edited by Richard E

• RMweb Premium

Been going there since 1992 with a few gaps here and there. Great off and on road biking as well but I can't do that; SWMBO does that if her friend is there. Magners, Magnums and lots of sun, far better than chemicals to deal with 'problems'. 

Going again in September................................ :danced:

A. Tightwad.

You just need to add a trip in January or February to the list and you should be good for most of the year sun,sea, sand and s.... easy on the last s at your age.

Vi Agra

I've just got a Hornby No.4 Station, I don't suppose that counts but its called Margate and not Seaton Junct. I don't suppose that counts either but its the only railway item that I have to offer! :dontknow:

Brian.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Spearing myself in the foot seems to have done something strange! Maybe it was the Tetanus jab (last one I had was 1993 seemingly) that created some sort of activation of my systems?

Anyway, today I ascended into the loft and found one of my boxes of coach kits. I had just posted a Gresley end door D155 part soldered Comet Kit to someone I should have done that for in February! I actually thought, I shall now get on and build some of my own stuff. Yes, sit down and take a deep breath dear reader.

Having found the kit, a D2668 Bulled rebuilt Tavern Car, I then did a quick tidy up and also prepped a few more rail joiners in preparation for dropper soldering & then track weathering ready for July 21st . Yes I know the joiners are horrible but I don't care.  So, a bit more shifting stuff to clear the way for the CCE and one or two little soldering jobs and all should be ready.

If it p###es down tomorrow evening I might just do some more.

Ar$e

P.S. Whilst up there I comforted the Hungry Caterpillar so do tell Stubby 47.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 12

I can neither confirm or deny that by the evening of July 21st there may be an increase from 2 to 4 in the running lines through the site of what might yet bear more than a passing resemblance to a certain junction station on what was once - and may still be in certain quarters - referred to as the West of England mainline.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Dear Mr duck,

Please carry on as fast as possible, whilst this miraculous return to good health continues.

Best Regards

SS

PS. Mr Duck is modelling what the true believers would call a branch line off a branch line.

PSS. Due to industrial action of some of the 'brothers' over the weekend I shall be hammering South through Donny Monday lunchtime, I will give a cheery wave as I pass through.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I can neither confirm or deny that by the evening of July 21st there may be an increase from 2 to 4 in the running lines through the site of what might yet bear more than a passing resemblance to a certain junction station on what was once - and may still be in certain quarters - referred to as the West of England mainline.

You appear to have been taking lessons from an ex orange-army capn wot I know of?

Al.

I can neither confirm or deny that by the evening of July 21st there may be an increase from 2 to 4 in the running lines through the site of what might yet bear more than a passing resemblance to a certain junction station on what was once - and may still be in certain quarters - referred to as the West of England mainline.[/quote

If you're referring to a certain Dr.Days Junction I can confirm my future son-in-law will be working over that weekend taking charge of demolition work. He is one of the Civil Engineers currently based there charged with the task of various earth and bridge work.

Oops wrong end of the country !

Edited by bgman

• RMweb Premium

Excellent news! I like this! Three cheers for the Duck!

Hip hip, hurray!

Hip hip, hurray!

Hip hip, hurray!

Hip hip, hurray!

Is that NR counting skills or a lack of them I wonder?

• RMweb Premium

Dear Mr duck,

Please carry on as fast as possible, whilst this miraculous return to good health continues.

Best Regards

SS

PS. Mr Duck is modelling what the true believers would call a branch line off a branch line.

PSS. Due to industrial action of some of the 'brothers' over the weekend I shall be hammering South through Donny Monday lunchtime, I will give a cheery wave as I pass through.

tell me what time approximately and I'll try to be on Platform 1

• RMweb Gold
I can neither confirm or deny that by the evening of July 21st there may be an increase from 2 to 4 in the running lines through the site of what might yet bear more than a passing resemblance to a certain junction station on what was once - and may still be in certain quarters - referred to as the West of England mainline.[/quote

If you're referring to a certain Dr.Days Junction I can confirm my future son-in-law will be working over that weekend taking charge of demolition work. He is one of the Civil Engineers currently based there charged with the task of various earth and bridge work.

Oops wrong end of the country !

Strange you should say that because it's the sort of location I immediately thought of when 'West of England mainline' was mentioned (but then I realised it was actually about the secondary route to the west). :jester:  :jester:  

• RMweb Premium

Strange you should say that because it's the sort of location I immediately thought of when 'West of England mainline' was mentioned (but then I realised it was actually about the secondary route to the west). :jester:  :jester:  

Tertiary shirley?

1. London & Bristol

2. Castle Cary

3. Something further south...

• Like 1