SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Maybe I should have gone to the service as things were what I might call challenging up The Junction today?

Briefly I spent ages joing up the FY BUS to the prepared track wiring and lo it caused a mighty short that was a little unsettling when I tried connecting the power. I had not placed any loco's on the track either just in case! So I proceeded to do the done thing and check everything I'd done in a methodical way. I could not see any problems. Then I looked at some previous bits of wiring I had done last year, cut a couple of wires and hey presto, the 'new' FY wiring worked on DC with a 'disposable' locomotive. I have no idea why!

So I joined up the DCC and no short either and my faithful Railroad Mallard (less expensive if it exploded)  moved around smoothly.

I have got to check one set of points and/or wiring outside the F Yard tracks to find out why the frogs or something else is dead, but Im not too fussed as I wanted the FY to be a seperate District anyway.  I had laid then last year and I've forgoitten what I did with them (if anything).

Tea time now.

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Aylburton Grange sitting in the FY waiting for a road onto the layout.

attachicon.gifWP_20170813_14_51_03_Pro.jpg

Later in the year (or next year if I carry on mixing my wires up) we could have a who has got the longest one competition*. I will deffo have the dirtiest one.

So, I did a bit more last evening and that consisted of continuing the Down BUS. (I'm naming the BUSes as they are at the Station sitem they 'reverse' on the Incline as that was a compromise I just could not change. That is, trains leaving SJ on the Up, may appear on the Incline as being on the Down if they don't go offstage to the FY..........don't ask). I'm using some nice new softer wire for the underboard section of the Down BUS as it is easier to manipulate (no sniggering at the front).

I also did some real tidying up as well, as the dustbin can confirm.

More news later today.

Philth 

*MIlk Train that is.....

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Later in the year (or next year if I carry on mixing my wires up) we could have a who has got the longest one competition. I will deffo have the dirtiest one.

Philth 

Even in context that is a shudderingly scary concept.

• RMweb Gold

May I just add that I think that the Government should introduce legislation to limit the size of sausage rolls.

There should be no limit on the length of electrical cables, however.

Good luck with the electrickery, Dr Quackington, never was my favourite model railway activity, that.

• RMweb Gold

So, our lovely Vicar has been forced to move to a rural Diocese after almost 30 years at 'our church'. He has been 'shafted' by the 'Management' and we are very sad. This for me means a boycott of worship for a period whilst I seek either a different place (little chance of being involved in music elsewhere) or someone else gets the job and needs support to develop things in a forward looking way.

Con Gregation

Those of us who aren't churchgoers may fondly imagine that all is sweetness and light within the religious communities. Sherry's treatment at the behest of her new vicar, when it was announced she and Pete were to divorce, tells me otherwise. She had been chair of the pre-school attached to the church, regularly read lessons in church, spent one afternoon per month volunteering in the church office, led assemblies in the attached church school, had been in the choir when there was one, but none of this counted. However, she could again be admitted to perform those duties once she had remarried. Yeah, right. So much for Christian values, eh? She now worships elsewhere and her current vicar is a man I'd be delighted to raise a pint with.
  • Like 1

Those of us who aren't churchgoers may fondly imagine that all is sweetness and light within the religious communities. Sherry's treatment at the behest of her new vicar, when it was announced she and Pete were to divorce, tells me otherwise. She had been chair of the pre-school attached to the church, regularly read lessons in church, spent one afternoon per month volunteering in the church office, led assemblies in the attached church school, had been in the choir when there was one, but none of this counted. However, she could again be admitted to perform those duties once she had remarried. Yeah, right. So much for Christian values, eh? She now worships elsewhere and her current vicar is a man I'd be delighted to raise a pint with.

My days of visiting the Kirk on a regular basis are long behind me. A very good friend of mine was a Very Senior Catholic priest until he gave it up some years ago. He remained very spiritual and became deeply involved in the interfaith movement. As he pointed out - "All the world's major mono-theistic religions follow broadly the same tenets and principles at their core, but the different sects within them have come to treat their versions of the truth as absolute. Sadly wars have been fought over what are essentially labels or nomenclature about the correct order in which to do things. IT's not religions that are at fault, but mankind's inability to see through the bells and smells to the deep truths that underpin them."

He was a wise man  and a good friend, to so many people - His funeral was attended by the most diverse collection of people I have ever seen - CofE ministers praying alongside a Catholic bishop, with an Imam and a Rabbi all sharing an extremely joyous ceremony. 

Edited by bigwordsmith

• RMweb Premium

With this bus thing, what you really, really want is a row of switches to all these buses, labelled "down station bus", dairy yard bus", "up incline bus", "branch bus" etc, etc,?? That way you'll really crack this dcc stuff.

• RMweb Gold

With this bus thing, what you really, really want is a row of switches to all these buses, labelled "down station bus", dairy yard bus", "up incline bus", "branch bus" etc, etc,?? That way you'll really crack this dcc stuff.

"Hold very tight, please!" Ding, ding!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My days of visiting the Kirk on a regular basis are long behind me. A very good friend of mine was a Very Senior Catholic priest until he gave it up some years ago. He remained very spiritual and became deeply involved in the interfaith movement. As he pointed out - "All the world's major mono-theistic religions follow broadly the same tenets and principles at their core, but the different sects within them have come to treat their versions of the truth as absolute. Sadly wars have been fought over what are essentially labels or nomenclature about the correct order in which to do things. IT's not religions that are at fault, but mankind's inability to see through the bells and smells to the deep truths that underpin them."

He was a wise man  and a good friend, to so many people - His funeral was attended by the most diverse collection of people I have ever seen - CofE ministers praying alongside a Catholic bishop, with an Imam and a Rabbi all sharing an extremely joyous ceremony. 

Hi Smithy

There are more similarities within the main religions than there is between P4 and EM, let alone 00-SF.  :rtfm:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So a single bus that does all would be an'omni bus' then...

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've got a rainbow wiring code, just for fun. I will have to have 'switches' labelled almost as suggested but I haven't got to that stage yet. In theory there will be a common power supply that becomes split into however many BUS runs/DSistricts I have. None of that arty farty Lectrickle Hengineering stuff until my trickery is behaving itself.

Talking of which, after a couple of hours tracing another short/dead spot this evening, I have now got the Down BUS (406 to Tadworth) working. Yes, that is Up, Down and Fiddle Yard BUSes working; you wait almost 4 years and then 3 come along at once  :sarcastichand:

However, the bits in between the Up, Down and FY have yet to be proved but that should happen this week.

I know this is just a train set at the moment, but it ain't half fun getting it to work  :whistle:  :yahoo:

Ar$£

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

My church going is mainly for musical benefits. I don't really count myself as a 'practising' anything but I do enjoy string twanging most of the time and hope the audience, as I call them, get something from the occasional good sounds the Music group creates. I also enjoy the 'fellowship' and friends at our place but that might have to be set aside if I jump ship and join the Baptists down the road who do a cracking entertainment style of service with great music. 

I had visualised the 'departed' Vicar dealing with my 'departure' as I know how good he is at those (as well as Baptisms and Weddiings). He knows me quite well you see. Now he has gone I'm sort of lost as far as that is concerned. Hey ho. He does however have a new home that overlooks the Valley in which the Keighley and Worth Valley line is situated so he isn't in such a duff place.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Only if you happen to be using the little-known Wandsworth Deviation

Plenty of deviants deviation on this thread......................................................................I am just going up The Junction, I may be some time.

A.N. Icepick

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2