SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Have you see ANTB, Rob is playing with a big Spam tin called Panel Crackit.

N. O. T'norman-Locket 

It's a bit too green for me, I think I may have to adjust my set.

Then again, spending part of the afternoon in the bath does affect one's perspective, I find.

• RMweb Premium

You don't want one of them black ones, why don't you get one of those nice bright green things like rob' s running on his GWR line?

Sorry, don't need the bright green versions. Do need a little Standard though, but I'm going to build a kit I've been hoarding, so it won't happen  :swoon:

Later this afternoon I shall have a little entertainment ready for those of a nervous disposition. 

Laters

A#$£

• RMweb Gold

It is indeed, Brian, wearing a livery carefully calculated to bring out the best in that lovely loco design.

Nothing more important than careful calculation for a Jimmy Riddles locomotive. 

I.K.Brunelly

Good Lord!  American OO uses 19mm gauge track!  

http://americanoo.blogspot.co.uk/2008/05/two-diesel-switcher-conversions.html

Do you think I should let them know over on the Pecoboob track thread that EVEN THE AMERICANS can get it right?  Meanwhile, in PecoLand there are arguments over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, and the righteousness of 4' 1.5" gauge!

Ernest D'Iscussions

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

So here is the non offending pic, followed by some offensive ones!

post-2326-0-21026300-1504105574_thumb.jpg

This loco, covered in filth and crude, chalked remarks, will be working the Branch in 1963/4. Today it is shunting a heavy Milk Train into the Up Yard; quite a task for such a dumpy Duck. Rob has a very colourful Fa##y Pluckit, I have an inoffensive and fully lined, ex works match box.

Offensive Pic No. 1.

This was an unboxed Ebay purchase some years back. It is DCC fitted and works (just), but my equipment can't read the CVs and so I have no idea what sort of Decoder is inserted and I can't change the settings (at the moment). It is supposed to be Spitfire but I challenge you to note the 'faults', not including the non fitment of 'detailing parts'; I shall have to acquire those.

The coach(es) may look familiar to a Sheepish, Mutton Chops person from Welsh Wales?

post-2326-0-99580000-1504105680_thumb.jpg

Not quite so offensive Pic No. 2.

post-2326-0-22343900-1504105978_thumb.jpg

Ignore the arse end of the Hungry Caterpillar and admire the accommodation available in the FY. I've been seeing what I can fit in the various 'loops'.

Apart from that all I've done is run in the Pannier and  then fit a Zen 6 Pin Chip. The Chip came with two harnesses (an 8 to 6 and a 6 to 6) didn't have to use those) and a Stay Alive that I shall have to fit as this little beauty does not like long crossings and lots of frogs one after the other.

Time for toast.

Phil

• Like 18

attachicon.gifImg_0461.jpg

This loco, covered in filth and crude, chalked remarks, will be working the Branch in 1963/4. Today it is shunting a heavy Milk Train into the Up Yard; quite a task for such a dumpy Duck. Rob has a very colourful Fa##y Pluckit, I have an inoffensive and fully lined, ex works match box.

Offensive Pic No. 1.

This was an unboxed Ebay purchase some years back. It is DCC fitted and works (just), but my equipment can't read the CVs and so I have no idea what sort of Decoder is inserted and I can't change the settings (at the moment). It is supposed to be Spitfire but I challenge you to note the 'faults', not including the non fitment of 'detailing parts'; I shall have to acquire those.

The coach(es) may look familiar to a Sheepish, Mutton Chops person from Welsh Wales?

attachicon.gifImg_0462.jpg

attachicon.gifImg_0463.jpg

Ignore the arse end of the Hungry Caterpillar and admire the accommodation available in the FY. I've been seeing what I can fit in the various 'loops'.

Apart from that all I've done is run in the Pannier and  then fit a Zen 6 Pin Chip. The Chip came with two harnesses (an 8 to 6 and a 6 to 6) didn't have to use those) and a Stay Alive that I shall have to fit as this little beauty does not like long crossings and lots of frogs one after the other.

Time for toast.

Phil

All those coaches in the background of the last pic are different colours... thats simply not right, and not allowed!!... railway companies always made sure that their coaches were exactly the same shade of green, especially the GWR... and even worse, i suspect you are running on narrow gauge track... disgusting!

Disgusted of Cleethorpes.

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifImg_0461.jpg

Offensive Pic No. 1.

attachicon.gifImg_0462.jpg

attachicon.gifImg_0463.jpg

Time for toast.

Phil

Splendid stuff, Von Duck.

Great to see stock running.

It's play time!!!........er test running....

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

All those coaches in the background of the last pic are different colours... thats simply not right, and not allowed!!... railway companies always made sure that their coaches were exactly the same shade of green, especially the GWR... and even worse, i suspect you are running on narrow gauge track... disgusting!

Disgusted of Cleethorpes.

They are all the same colour aren't they? The bloke on the second hand stall said they were and that they were all SR stock. He even said that they were disgusting & from Cleethorpes and would end up in Sid's mouth and an ex Moth. The ones at the very back are experimental shades he said; genuine eastleigh paint pots. Do you think I've been duped? There is even a strange looking SR loco numbered 60022 but it is air smoothed so it must be genuine. The long green thing that looks like a spaceship is a modified N15.

The track is Pee forth with hand built chairs and wooden sleepers and timbers. The ballast is genuine stone from Meltdown Quarry.

However, I am so sorry there are no headcode discs as they fell off.

I think I need sedating.

P. Implement

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A splendid view of a 4' 1.5" version of the real thing but that coach livery(s) needs sorting.

Damn you Sir. Take yourself to the boot room 9am sharp for the finest of thrashings. Let's not have any further mention of such a gauge.

Damn your impudence, have you no shame?

Grayson is limbering up as we speak.

Types such as yours cost us India.

post-14122-0-45841600-1504112778.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

With an interesting mix of stock behind it, too!

Just a Covhop and a PMV/CCT thing?  Bachy I think. Just out of shot is an Alco RS2 and an NH boxcar.... :nono:  which are running on correct gauge track... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

The loco was one of the freebies for taking 100 years of BRM subs or something - IIRC it's a Scottish region loco!  It may get renumbered one day.

• Like 2

They are all the same coulour aren't they? The bloke on the second hand stall said they were and that they were all SR stock. He even said that they were disgusting & from Cleethorpes and would end up in Sid's mouth and an ex Moth. The ones at the very back are experimental shades he said; genuine eastleigh paint pots. Do you think I've been duped? There is even a strange looking SR loco numbered 60022 but it is air smoothed so it must be genuine. The long green thing that looks like a spaceship is a modified N15.

The track is Pee forth with hand built chairs and wooden sleepers and timbers. The ballast is genuine stone from Meltdown Quarry.

I think I need sedating.

P. Implement

I think the bloke on the Second Hand stall was that Ismbard "kingdong" Brunel again... he`d probably just finished slapping paint on that fabled "green door"....

Holy Fishplates Batman!

Just taking a short break from my inter web abstinence enforced by being sur les vacances en france  when I came across the thread, and discovered the above post

Dropped in there for some light amusement at the anal-ity of others but lost the will to live when I read this..."I can't answer that question, but I do have some pre-group GNR drawings showing the sleeper length as 8ft-11in instead of 9ft. So presumably the "9ft" was the nominal length cut from yard stock as rising, with an allowance for the saw kerf and maybe rough chalk marks. I can't imagine the yard being too amused to be asked for 8ft-11in eaxactly, that would have been the minimum acceptable to the customer.

If that aint an advanced lesson in how to pick nits, heaven knows what else is!

Glad to see life continuing at SOSJ in one's absence!

• Like 4

They are all the same coulour aren't they? The bloke on the second hand stall said they were and that they were all SR stock. He even said that they were disgusting & from Cleethorpes and would end up in Sid's mouth and an ex Moth. The ones at the very back are experimental shades he said; genuine eastleigh paint pots. Do you think I've been duped? There is even a strange looking SR loco numbered 60022 but it is air smoothed so it must be genuine. The long green thing that looks like a spaceship is a modified N15.

I think I need sedating.

P. Implement

A lot of concern seems to occur about matching  carriages.  I seem to remember them in all shades and fades although ostensibly from the same company apart from interlopers from the opposition.  From a model POV, it does look nice to have a matched set but I doubt the railway would worry about it.

Brian.