SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

This is descending a bit quickly, I fear. Since my prostate op (benign, absolutely no hint of anything sinister) in 2015 I find my loo trips are very much fewer and further between. Any man of a certain age would do well to have things checked out if he's too often in the loo. And it won't burger bedroomy stuff either, usually. 

• RMweb Premium

This is descending a bit quickly, I fear. Since my prostate op (benign, absolutely no hint of anything sinister) in 2015 I find my loo trips are very much fewer and further between. Any man of a certain age would do well to have things checked out if he's too often in the loo. And it won't burger bedroomy stuff either, usually. 

My layout isn't in the bedroom........................................ :sarcastichand:

Not wishing to spread too many tales, I need to have that op but it costs unless I go to Southampton I believe it is. need too many Decoders before I do that.

OK I have done some searching and there are a couple more direct fit 8 pin Decoders, one being Gaugemaster DC29 and I'm told the Hornby 8249 (hoorah) with harness, fits in the Arthur's smoke-box slot as it is more narrow than the Gaugey DCC27 Omni, as does the Gaugey DCC26 (with harness). Quite a lot of choice; I'm learning about Decoders quite quickly.

Phil :blind:

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

I can vouch for that - he can change the duvet cover and vac the bedroom floor just as he always has!! Edited by Ashcombe
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

P

DP2X? If so I can get them at Digitrains in Lincoln.

Thanks Dudds.

Ar$£

DP2X or DP2X UK - one has the plug at 90 degrees to the other, to suit the orientation of the socket. Ask the man at Digitrains - he will know.

For some reason, I always like reading announcements of new products, even if they are of no real interest to me.  I just think they're rather exciting, like an online catalogue of goodies.

I find however that within five seconds of the announcement, someone is carping that it's not the exact version they wanted, and someone else is carping that the foley fob winkers are 2mm to large, or the painted doodabs are the wrong colour...

This makes me feel sad, and rather tired.  They're like that kid at school that ruined everything by saying the song you just innocently enjoyed is not as good as the original, or so and so did a better version.  It may well be true, but I don't actually care.  I was just having fun.  I know they think they're being informative, and trying to make every thing super accurate and blah blah bl00dy blah but I wish they would pack it in, or contact the manufacturers politely and positively in private.

As my dear old Mum used to say, 'if you've nothing nice to say, then stfu before I lamp you one'

Edited by Dr Gerbil-Fritters
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

For some reason, I always like reading announcements of new products, even if they are of no real interest to me.  I just think they're rather exciting, like an online catalogue of goodies.

I find however that within five seconds of the announcement, someone is carping that it's not the exact version they wanted, and someone else is carping that the foley fob winkers are 2mm to large, or the painted doodabs are the wrong colour...

This makes me feel sad, and rather tired.  They're like that kid at school that ruined everything by saying the song you just innocently enjoyed is not as good as the original, or so and so did a better version.  It may well be true, but I don't actually care.  I was just having fun.  I know they think they're being informative, and trying to make every thing super accurate and blah blah bl00dy blah but I wish they would pack it in, or contact the manufacturers politely and positively in private.

As my dear old Mum used to say, 'if you've nothing nice to say, then stfu before I lamp you one'

I am refraining from making too much of a comment here as I am enjoying a good Napoleon Brandy (or two/three) but yes, I wish they would all STFU and #### off.

I am having a rest from SOSJ for a few days as my wires have given up and I hate points.

All the best my friends,

Phartybreath

• RMweb Gold

Having seen the comments on the Dapol 'O' gauge 14XX thread, and also on the Minerva 'O' gauge Iron Mink thread, I'd hazard a guess that the individual's motives are not to simply mindlessly nit-pick for the sake of it, but to offer what he sees as corrections to the CAD work, in the hope of helping get the model right.

Perhaps I'm being too kind here, but I'm giving that particular person the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

I'm really pleased about the 14XX announcement, although I'm not sure where I'm going to put this 7mm stuff when it turns up!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Having seen the comments on the Dapol 'O' gauge 14XX thread, and also on the Minerva 'O' gauge Iron Mink thread, I'd hazard a guess that the individual's motives are not to simply mindlessly nit-pick for the sake of it, but to offer what he sees as corrections to the CAD work, in the hope of helping get the model right.

Perhaps I'm being too kind here, but I'm giving that particular person the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

I'm really pleased about the 14XX announcement, although I'm not sure where I'm going to put this 7mm stuff when it turns up!

Rob will look after it for you. He's very good at looking after things other people have bought. Just ask the Seird.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

They are all females!

Hi David

No there not the one in front is a young male, he is just getting is green head and losing the brown feathers on his breast and wings.

Please note he is a young male, not our Duckieknis.

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Where do you live Phil I'll pop round and join you I've a nice Almanac that needs drinking.

R.A.Tarsed-Daily 

Best enjoyed in the autumn.

R Davies.

I've always preferred to read mine, but I'll try anything once.  Except 1ncest and morris dancing.

S Martass

How singular.

T. Beecham

And here's a nice, placid scene with some very well-fed ducks at Saltram House this afternoon, where they actually sell you stuff to feed them with:

attachicon.gif20170902_151940.jpg

Apparently feeding Bread to Ducks and Swans is quite bad for them.

Too much can have quite an impact on young ones and how they develop.

There was a story on the news lately regarding quite a few Black Swan Cygnets that needed to be taken into care because their wings and other bits had not developed properly (and their parents had abandoned them) due to too much bread being fed to them by well meaning people. :(

So it's a very good idea for them to sell you proper "stuff" :victory:

Edited by The Blue Streak

• RMweb Gold

I've always preferred to read mine, but I'll try anything once.  Except 1ncest and morris dancing.

S Martass

You surprise me!!!. :jester:

C. Lever-Dyck

Edited by 81C