SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Here ya go mate

http://lcut.co.uk

I've used them for the basis of a 7mm siggy boxy and not bad for altering to suit. The main body of their models are laser cut card and I'd suggest if anyone wants to make one its probably best to seal it before painting.

G

Any advice on what to use dear boy?

P

• RMweb Premium

Sorry Ducky, but I couldn't possibly use a layout room as modern as that aerophlop thing, look at the size of mine and it fit's perfectly with my period modelling era. Need all that extra space for prototypically correct S7 finescale curves. Use the aircraft lift instead of a helix between the inside and outside layout areas.

r09-1.jpg

Navy Heads

That's an old photo, I only new the Ark when she had an angled flight deck and the bits for catching the catapult strop.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Is that a Revell Kit? If so, do you have something against Airfix kits? Those fences are the wrong colour; shouldn't be black.

A.D.Hesive

I thought the posts were a bit thick and they could do with fishing line threaded between them.

• Like 1

Any advice on what to use dear boy?

P

Sorry Phil, didn't see your question earlier.

Some of the cut card can "delaminate" where brickwork is concerned more so at the edges when joining walling together, or for that matter any timber boarding.

I've used a matt rattle can varnish with small thin coat wafts over it and leave it to dry each time. That applies to the edges too.

When all dry ( I leave it overnight ) I have used Vallejo acrylic as base coats then pick out any details etc afterwards.

It may have these small shortcomings but if initially handled with care once sealed I've not encountered any probs. I thing the products are a good aid when used for scratch building.

Leonardo Da Pinchpenny

Edited by bgman
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Spams old bean, did you ever get the dimensions for your Bin? If not I have a couple of pics that might help.

Ball Aster

P

Oh, Quackers, I should add that any photos you have would be gratefully received. I took some myself last May but can I find them?

• RMweb Premium

Halfords rattle can primer?

OK for plastic dear Spammers, but my bits are fibre-board so need to be treated carefully; unless, of course, you know that the Halfords Primer (plastic or metal?) is OK for this material?

The picsof the Bins are in some books wot I will find and give you refernces. If you have not got the books I'll take some pics of the pics.

Iva Kodak

• RMweb Premium

OK for plastic dear Spammers, but my bits are fibre-board so need to be treated carefully; unless, of course, you know that the Halfords Primer (plastic or metal?) is OK for this material?

The picsof the Bins are in some books wot I will find and give you refernces. If you have not got the books I'll take some pics of the pics.

Iva Kodak

I can't imagine that 3 or 4 very light dustings of primer with a break in between would cause any problems, particularly if you did both sides. It's not a very wet paint. That said I've not tried it.

• RMweb Premium

I'm still reeling from the accusations that this thread is full of double entendres and ladies, so I thought I better mend my ways and post some train pictures.

attachicon.gif4f7ee0ffd49a6380b15dc9d151a6fe99.jpg

attachicon.gifPAY-Fascinating-Color-Portrait-Photos-of-Women-Railroad-Workers-During-WWII.jpg

attachicon.gifrailroads_20.jpg

attachicon.gifSHORPY_8d30409a.jpg

sorry about all the ladies, they just happened to be in the shots.

Wow, I wish I knew what all those bits are.

P

Wow, I wish I knew what all those bits are.

P

Oh! Come on mate, if ya don't know by now ?

I'll send you a few magazines that explain it if ya want.

P.Layboy

• RMweb Premium

I can't imagine that 3 or 4 very light dustings of primer with a break in between would cause any problems, particularly if you did both sides. It's not a very wet paint. That said I've not tried it.

Bins:

In my Noovooooo No 1 Book P 29 Landslip at Merstham. (I do not have the latest, combined book);

Middleton Press, Yeovil to Exeter two views of Bin at Up Platform by Signal at Sidmouth Junction and part view at Beoad Clyst by Signal Box. There may have been others in that book but I was distracted by DS 1169 (Broad Clyst Engineers' Yard Shunter; just the right size for my Warwell Wagon.

On London and South Western Lines, Ian Allen; P78 and P38 (lurking behind buffers at Seaton J'n Branch Siding; not much use to you really but I now know it's there!

I've also decided there are two types. The one you show on that question post and a bigger one that is like two back to back but with shaped ends.

If you contacted someone from RMW that works on the Bluebell or Mid Hants they may be able to get some decnt pics of one/some for you. There is a good bloke Phil H that drives and fires on the Mid Hants; he might be worth a punt?

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Ta. I could practise on the scrap bits around the edges.

SR%2000-16c.jpg

Ta. I could practise on the scrap bits around the edges.

SR%2000-16c.jpg

Perhaps cut some of the support off first Phil and test it that way, and I'd suggest a new blade when cutting the valance tabs for a good clean cut ( I'm sure you would have anyway ).

G

edit Miss Spelt

Edited by bgman