SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

What's that long and hot squirty thing then?

B.Lowpipe

A steam lance - presumably she is Miss Lancelot?  Definitely bigger than the UK version (of steam lance that is) - steam lances were fun, as long as you didn't point them at anybody.  here's one being used on a proper engine - if the link works

https://www.mediastorehouse.com/no-6010-king-charles-i-at-swindon-engine-shed/print/413739.html

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps cut some off the support off first Phil and test it that way, and I'd suggest a new blade when cutting the valance tabs for a good clean cut ( I'm sure you would have anyway ).

G

edit Miss Spelt

You could always saw them off ;)

• RMweb Premium

I'm still reeling from the accusations that this thread is full of double entendres and ladies, so I thought I better mend my ways and post some train pictures.

attachicon.gif4f7ee0ffd49a6380b15dc9d151a6fe99.jpg

attachicon.gifPAY-Fascinating-Color-Portrait-Photos-of-Women-Railroad-Workers-During-WWII.jpg

attachicon.gifrailroads_20.jpg

attachicon.gifSHORPY_8d30409a.jpg

sorry about all the ladies, they just happened to be in the shots.

You want a double entendre? All right, I'll give you one.

• RMweb Gold

Well, I see our good friend Rob has changed his from nhy581 to NHY 581. Perhaps it's him.

Nope not me. Saw the opportunity to correct a case of sausage fingeritus.

I now display the correct reg. number.

Daft bu@@er.

• RMweb Premium

but I was distracted by DS 1169 (Broad Clyst Engineers' Yard Shunter; just the right size for my Warwell Wagon.)

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/judithedge/kit/371 Ummmmmm! Wonder if they would do one without the motor/gearbox etc?

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Any of you chaps able to help this chap?

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180214-171247.png

Ta

I've done a lot of searching, including image matching on Google, but can't find it.  I would say that it fairly definitely is not on the Cambrian, various things don't fit for that.  It might be on a Colonel Stephens line but I can't as yet find one that matches and teh distant signal makes me wonder if it is nit one of his.  The signal suggests to me that it might be in a former GER area while the crossing gates fit for GER/LNER or SR.

Best I can do.

• RMweb Premium

Any of you chaps able to help this chap?

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180214-171247.png

Ta

It is Feering Halt on the Tollesbury Branch. I would have thought one of you would have sused it out sooner.

Mrs M use to keep Lola the Big 'Orse at a stables that backed on to the old line and they use to ride along it.

For Mike, the distant signal is for Kelvedon Low level station and the junction up to the mainline. 

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Quite a cute little line to a part of Essex that most people in Essex don't realise exist. Well it is a bit bleak and barren, just like round here.

It closed in 1951 except for trains too and from the jam factory in Tiptree. Nice jam. Colchester based class 04s were the last locos used on the line.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Loadsa lovely places in Essex. Arksden and Finchingfield come to mind among many others I've been through.

Then there are the girls.....

Now anything you lot have heard about Essex girls I can reliably inform you it is not true. :nono:  :nono:   I know cos I is married to one. :mosking:

• RMweb Premium

It is Feering Halt on the Tollesbury Branch. I would have thought one of you would have sused it out sooner.

Mrs M use to keep Lola the Big 'Orse at a stables that backed on to the old line and they use to ride along it.

For Mike, the distant signal is for Kelvedon Low level station and the junction up to the mainline. 

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

M. A. B. it's a Big 'Orse.

M. A. B. it's a Big 'Orse Who?

M. A. B. it's a Big 'Orse I'm a Londoner that I love London Town.

I thank you.

• Like 2