SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Hmmmm  -  parts of it are, other parts certainly are not!

Another brief history lesson follows:

Back in Roman days, Axmouth was, apparently, second only to London in importance as a port.  For those who know Axmouth / Seaton, the Axe estuary stretched west from its present narrow little entrance right along what is now Seaton seafront as far as the ice cream van & public loos at what is now Fisherman's Gap.  Tesco, the tramway terminus and even the former Woolworths building didn't exist back in those days, it was all water.    :)

Until relatively recent times (just a few hundred years ago) the river was navigable as far upstream as Colyton and the church's unusual octagonal lantern tower was used as a lighthouse / guiding beacon.

That's what I've been told, although I've not come across anything to substantiate that claim so I'm a bit sceptical - make up your own minds!

"What have the Romans done for us?"

"Well, they introduced ice cream vans and built the public loos at Fisherman's Gap".

• RMweb Premium

This morning I am still looking at my CP6 and wonderin WRF I do with it. Later this morning I shall be pretending to do serious modelling as I have a guest that does serious modelling. Until then I may well do the Radio Times Crossword.

P

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

This morning I am still looking at my CP6 and wonderin WRF I do with it. Later this morning I shall be pretending to do serious modelling as I have a guest that does serious modelling. Until then I may well do the Radio Times Crossword.

P

Phil, PM me regarding the CP6. I'll try to help if I can.

• RMweb Gold

Yes, if you speak Diesel (which very few people do), he says his name is actually Gertrude and he's sick and tired of being told he's a diseasel.

Never mind, the railcar is keeping him company. Stick together, that's the thing.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

That locomotive is definitely a king amongst locomotives.

I didn't know that you held Gertrude in such high esteem.

I hold all locomotives in high esteem but some are held in more esteem than others.

I didn't know that you held Gertrude in such high esteem.

I was led to believe 99% of them were a-steam unless they were a-sleep !

Shed Master Bill

• RMweb Premium

Wot I dun.

The Plough thingy.

See wot I dun here on the end? Botch of the hand-brake gear is one bit; spot the parts. :mail:

post-2326-0-51763800-1528916923_thumb.jpg

Them two side window frames are now fitted, after advice from the serious modeller....thanks Steve. :boast:

post-2326-0-37892200-1528916936_thumb.jpg

The Shackle Couplings need fixing; the one shown is just placed for artistic porpoises. They be big brutes because these Ploughs were intended for use with the heavy Ballasts from Meldon. :clapping_mini:

Ivor Brakevan

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Wot I dun.

The Plough thingy.

See wot I dun here on the end? Botch of the hand-brake gear is one bit; spot the parts. :mail:

attachicon.gifImg_0127.jpg

Them two side window frames are now fitted, after advice from the serious modeller....thanks Steve. :boast:

attachicon.gifImg_0128.jpg

The Shackle Couplings need fixing; the one shown is just placed for artistic porpoises. They be big brutes because these Ploughs were intended for use with the heavy Ballasts from Meldon. :clapping_mini:

Ivor Brakevan

Very nice Quakers. Please scale it up by 7/4 for me.

• RMweb Premium

Very nice Quakers. Please scale it up by 7/4 for me.

Bring it closer by clicking on it and it will be big (and really quite scary), then print a pic and then cut that out. There you go Senyor Spamilicious.

Harry Garmi 

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1