SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

Best ever Sun headline, IMHO followed a concert at the Ally Pally with the sore missed Freddie Mercury ands band.

One enthusiastic fan decided to crash the stage and swear his undying love for young Fred. He however was having none of it and lamped the bloke!

Next day the Sun's headline read:

Queen in Punch up at Palace"

Priceless

• Like 3

Best ever Sun headline, IMHO followed a concert at the Ally Pally with the sore missed Freddie Mercury ands band.

One enthusiastic fan decided to crash the stage and swear his undying love for young Fred. He however was having none of it and lamped the bloke!

Next day the Sun's headline read:

Queen in Punch up at Palace"

Priceless

A sub editor's dream story. I bet he dined out on that one for years.

• RMweb Premium

Quick return flight to Peterborough North this afternoon.

Was presented with essential blue wire (thanks Clive) and a copy of Steam World (thanks Gilbert) in which there are some useful photo's ref The Junction. The one I really like and have not seen before, is a shot of the Up Okehampton Surbiton Car Train in 1963, double headed with a Spam and a Standard 5; excellent.

Had a good natter, got stuck on the Newark Bypass as usual, but enjoyed the beautiful weather and Nottinghamshire countryside.

Have already used some of the Blue Wire (for Cobalts). I have also discovered that I probably need another CDU and I shall try a Brimal Components item as it can take DC or AC input.

https://www.brimal.co.uk/capacitor-discharge-unit-cdu-standard.html 

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Almost mended now.

Yea.

Phil

Newspaper and shoelaces ?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

WTF you lot on about? Only thing I've understood this morning is Spam!

This afternoon I am being taken to Secure Accommodation  see the magnificent EM gauge layout, Retford. I shall be mainly looking at scenery. and peeping under the boards at wires. I may deem to observe certain trains operating on the superbio trackwork. It is EM and quite far away, so it will look quite small, however, if I keep my eyes just about half open it could be the real place in 1960; yummy.

P

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Ah yes. A reconstructed beans on toast. A fine dining twist on a breakfast classic. What's not to like?

• RMweb Premium

It's not 'beans on toast'.

It's "haricot beans, accompanied with a wheat-based, white bread, lightly grilled and quartered, served with a rich, Italian jue".

Not according to the photo file name it ain't.