SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps you could start the little chap on King Arthurs.....he'd have fun learning the knights of the round table...

• Like 1

Even i can tell that that's not an A4...........................it's a Coronation thingy with go faster boy racer stripes innit?

Ah, but that one was obviously to test his recognition skills and be recognised as not being an A4.

Perhaps you could start the little chap on King Arthurs.....he'd have fun learning the knights of the round table...

Yes - I’ve started with A4s as they’re an easy shape. However, I’ve said to his mother that if can’t tell the difference between a Hall and a Modified Hall by the time he starts school, then we’ll have to send him back. I mean, if he’s that bad at loco recognition, he’ll only be able to get a job at Bachmann!

I’ve explained to his older brother that the Kings are named in anto chronological order. He seemed quite interested in that. He, however, has told me that “you mustn’t put pictures of me on the internet as it might get commented on and forwarded to people who also make comments that I don’t like and would upset me.” He’s 6. They start internet safety young! I think he has a school email address but he’s not told me it...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Quite. No 1 daughter who is a similar age has just had her training. Sad that this should be an issue.......but.........

Mr Seasider, has your donkey come back from the vet, yet?

Yes, but do you know what vet bills are like these days?

Charged a phenomenal amount just for giving it a couple of injections - at least I think that's what he said.

Mrs DS said that if it's going to go lame like that, then we'll have to be cruel to be kind & put it out to grass.

Consequently, poorly donkey is going off to stud (coincidentally there's a donkey sanctuary just outside Sidmouth) to be replaced by a fresh young stallion which is currently being made harness-ready.

Hopefully the future will be kind to all involved.  Thank you for your concern.

• RMweb Gold

You are correct, a bit far for a couple of pints and lunch, even in esteemed company. I usually limit my circulation to venues a bit nearer home (eg. Bristol and Exeter).

Next one is 06 August at Parkway in the usual venue but I shan't be there as I shall be at sea (hopefully, probably the Thames estuary - not so hopefully,  unless something conveniently happens to have sunk somewhere else) at that time.  Mr Eagleton did enquire after your whereabouts yesterday.

• RMweb Premium

I mean, if he’s that bad at loco recognition, he’ll only be able to get a job at Bachmann!

Funniest thing I have seen for a while  :)

• RMweb Gold

Yo Duckship Have you done any work on the layout lately or are you beached with the heat.  :scratchhead:

San Taclaws

That's putting it mildly.

Over here, literally just a hop, skip & jump along the lane from the real SJ it's been absolutely effin' scorching.

Cooked some chicken thighs & stuff on the BBQ this evening & didn't even need to light it first!

Edited by devonseasider
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

G'Day Folks

It's not hot, until it hits 40c in the shade.

manna

If it didn't get to 40, it was darn near close - my "office" is upstairs in a tin roofed building - I have no windows to open, therefore it is in the shade.

(I am soon to move into much larger space with windows - no doubt that will be when the weather turns.)

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

G'Day Folks

It's not hot, until it hits 40c in the shade.

manna

Very true - when I was working out in Sydney the weather forecast for the next day was predicting the temperature would drop from 42C to 40C.  Definitely hit the mark with some folk as the next morning I saw a bloke wearing an overcoat, as well as his three piece office suit, getting on the ferry  :O  (I was in shirt sleeves, and still rather warm)

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Well, 'Hot is as Hot does', as Kenneth Branagh might say.

I don't envy you folks with your 40 degrees, but I know when I'm 'ot, and I'm 'ot.

But not at 0600 this morning, though, I did have a jacket on for a short time.