SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

But there is only one gay person in the Village isn't there?

P

Correct - there was only one in the beginning - as per that video.  (The "Red Indian" as they were then known before they became known as "First Nation Citizens")

But like Trigger's broom the members change out, and I understand that more than one like's to play for the rainbow team..........

I saw them as a support act at a Christmas gig in Bournemouth 20+ years ago - despite my reservations they put on a great show and got everyone suitably whizzed up ready for the arrival of Gary Glitter.........ah those days of innocent ignorance...........

• RMweb Premium

Correct - there was only one in the beginning - as per that video.  (The "Red Indian" as they were then known before they became known as "First Nation Citizens")

But like Trigger's broom the members change out, and I understand that more than one like's to play for the rainbow team..........

I saw them as a support act at a Christmas gig in Bournemouth 20+ years ago - despite my reservations they put on a great show and got everyone suitably whizzed up ready for the arrival of Gary Glitter.........ah those days of innocent ignorance...........

Hi MIB

Isn't "Fist Nation Citizens" the title for the indigenous population of Canada, where as people form the same ethnic group in the USA are labeled "Native Americans", when they are Lakota, Cree, Blackfoot etc 

That is if wee need to label other humans by how they look.

• RMweb Premium

Clive 

Dangerous spelling!

M.I.B

Not too good on newfangled PC naming - you may be correct on that one

Edited by M.I.B

• RMweb Gold

One for the Cap'n…

https://www.atrixnet.com/bs-generator.html?fbclid=IwAR1wAF6-Ta7T6qOZsk9HeeIcNdGXo0eNi9OcedW6bCVK7otNpV3uOFojFPc

I feel it helps with efficiently parallel task market positioning relationships and enthusiastically conceptualize cooperative outsourcing.

Yes, I see you have efficiently deployed resource-leveling data.

• RMweb Premium

One for the Cap'n…

https://www.atrixnet.com/bs-generator.html?fbclid=IwAR1wAF6-Ta7T6qOZsk9HeeIcNdGXo0eNi9OcedW6bCVK7otNpV3uOFojFPc

I feel it helps with efficiently parallel task market positioning relationships and enthusiastically conceptualize cooperative outsourcing.

Can it be used for Horse S#it? I'm considering getting some Baccy, MK1 Hoseboxes now they are on general release and I need some authentic things to say about them, or the idea or to respond to protestors/trolls.

A.Duck

• RMweb Premium

Sh1t is sh!t, bull or horse!

I used to have a piece of horseshirt on my desk. It was a by-product of the casting of our church bells and had been heated to a temperature which made it completely safe, and made a contrast to the bullshirt that normally emanates from said desk.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Have just received a rather sad kit built DJH S15 (somewhat less than £50 on Ebay and I wasn't expecting to get) that needs some TLC. Somebody had made a reasonable job of building it many years ago. I shall enjoy reviving that during the winter. I might rebuild the tender as it looks to be glued together), but the loco itself just needs TLC and some minor repair. Chassis needs sorting but the VG has been well put together, with just a tiny bit of soldering and some adjustment required. I might try the existing motor and see how it runs. It maybe a visit to Mr. Wright's will help with a lot of that?

Then a jolly respray with Halfords' best Satin Black, renumber, chips and beans and there you go.

Now I'm just awaiting a DJH U (and wheels as an additional extra), that I also 'mistakenly won' and did not expect to get, having missed out on one with wheels included just a few days before, that became a bidding war from what I saw. About the same cost really so I'm happy with that. This means I can now have both a U and a U1 for service at The Junction.

Ar$£

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold

One for the Cap'n…

Oh, thank you so much. That's brilliant and looks to be a most helpful opportunity for me to rapidiously reinvent my innovative leadership skills.

• RMweb Premium

Oh, thank you so much. That's brilliant and looks to be a most helpful opportunity for me to rapidiously reinvent my innovative leadership skills.

Ah ha! The secret is out; CK to lead the Strictly Come Modelling ANTBSOSJ Team in the next Model Railway Challenge. Can I wear very tight Spandex briefs and thigh length, Sequence covered Wellies if I'm on the team? (Went to see Bohemian Rhapsody yesterday so I'm really enthused about  wearing outrageous costumes to public events).

Otherwise I shall get the Plastic Solvent out and get sniffing my collection of Walruses.

Ar$£

Ah ha! The secret is out; CK to lead the Strictly Come Modelling ANTBSOSJ Team in the next Model Railway Challenge. Can I wear very tight Spandex briefs and thigh length, Sequence covered Wellies if I'm on the team? (Went to see Bohemian Rhapsody yesterday so I'm really enthused about  wearing outrageous costumes to public events).

Otherwise I shall get the Plastic Solvent out and get sniffing my collection of Walruses.

Ar$£

I watched a couple of those  and turned off in disgust - I mean look at the people they chose to represent our fine hobby They were almost entirely male, old, poorly dressed and/or fat. On top of that they spoke a strange language and seemed to have a fascination with the most obscure ideas, not to mention weird imaginations.

And as for the actual 'models'? A couple of circles of setrack from a Hornby trainset is hardly inspirational 

I feel it was an appalling case of bringing the hobby into disrepute and did not in any way represent the kind of mature, svelte and charming folk I met at our Local N-Scale society's annual expo at the weekend.

There the average age was easily less than 70, most people were happy to discuss complex details in a civilised and knowledgeable manner, and the bacon butties with extra chips were flying off the catering shelves!

Some people even had seconds!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

One for the Cap'n…

Sorry guys I seem to be a couple of block post behind .

I got "enthusiastically develop client-focused imperatives. 'King clueless as to what that means.

As for bacon butties, is our Phil allowed them with his delicate constitution?

• RMweb Premium

I watched a couple of those  and turned off in disgust - I mean look at the people they chose to represent our fine hobby They were almost entirely male, old, poorly dressed and/or fat. On top of that they spoke a strange language and seemed to have a fascination with the most obscure ideas, not to mention weird imaginations.

Hi Smifffy

Sounds like us lot have a team for the next series. :nono: :nono:

• RMweb Premium

Want a laugh? No? Then read on dear hearts. 

Being of weak will, I have been acquiring some really daft stuff from Ebay in the last few weeks. The first thing before the two DJH Loco's, which were actually errors of judgement, was the Siphon G Kit I mentioned some time ago. It be/were a 1974/5 Kemilway Kit with loads of teeny and very thin Brass Etchings the UF + buffers (quite nice brass turnings) and one (cast and the almost correct American thing) bogie partly completed; no instructions.

That will be a good and challenging fiddle I thought at the time. A kind Webber sent me some instructions for a similar kit and thanks for that. Pity I didn't have that particular version of the Siphon for a kit!

However, yesterday I decided I'd have a little clean up with it as it is tarnished, if looking quite nicely put together. That's when I discovered that it appears to have been stuck together using Varnish! It also does not have a body shell or ends. There are also loads of teeny weeny bits that I have no idea what they are used for!

OK I can create a body shell from (possibly) clear plasticard, using the old (was it Hornby or Airfix) version as a guide and probably use Comet or similar ends, but I'm now realising why the original owner never progressed the damn thing! 

Not to be off-put I shall get out my Brown Vehicles GWR Stock Book and look at what it is was/like and especially what can be seen around the UF , probably have to make a list of bits to complete it and then store it for one of those rainy grey, winter days that are approaching.  

Anyone with any pics of one of their Siphon Gs (I think this the outside frame version), especially the undergubbins, who could post me some pics would be rewarded with something in the future.

I'll never learn.

Yo