SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

We nearly moved there or near there. Carys' sister in law, who is Welsh, and a Welsh speaker from Swansea area, put us off,  and she said that the locals  around Haverfordwest didn't like other Welsh people. We wouldn't have stood a chance coming from Essex, even with Mrs M having a Welsh name. We ended up in middle of nowhere Linclonshire where the RAF have stopped zooming over head as there is a storm raging. Being so flat the wind just howls across the fields, just like the RAF's Typhoons and Tornadoes.

You wiĺl be getting the new jobbies soon; they be stealth things so you won' t be able to see them.

P

You wiĺl be getting the new jobbies soon; they be stealth things so you won' t be able to see them.

P

Nothing stealthy about them, apparently they burn banknotes instead of avgas.

Apparently the Vulcan was almost stealthier than the prototype Stealth Fighter.  at least until you looked out of the window and could see the smoke trail and hear the noise.

One of the Stealths was shot down in the Balkans by the high tech method of waiting for the moment it flew the same path at the same time everyday and loosing off a SAM in the general vicinity.  No matter how clever the tech, you have to factor in ineptitude....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Nothing stealthy about them, apparently they burn banknotes instead of avgas.

Apparently the Vulcan was almost stealthier than the prototype Stealth Fighter.  at least until you looked out of the window and could see the smoke trail and hear the noise.

One of the Stealths was shot down in the Balkans by the high tech method of waiting for the moment it flew the same path at the same time everyday and loosing off a SAM in the general vicinity.  No matter how clever the tech, you have to factor in ineptitude....

Never fly S & L for more than two seconds..............USAF can't understand that sort of logic seemingly?

Good moaning team. I am about to go and watch the recorded MR Challenge to see what happened but just before that here is some info ref the Kemilway Siphon

• RMweb Premium

Apologies for the 'outage'; the site seems to be hesitant this morning.

Here are the parts (almost all) I have to work with. The bag of bits contains stuff I can not identify apart from the six stepboards and one or two bits of brake gear!

post-2326-0-87815500-1541843925_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-12212800-1541843943_thumb.jpg

Close up of side etches that are about 10/12 thou thickness (well shall we say thin?) 

post-2326-0-88756900-1541843955_thumb.jpg

I think I can sort the ends and sides using plasticard scribed for planking and add various deatails from scratch or RTR parts, but the roof is going to be a challenge. Having looked on line for info and seeing the old Airfix/Dapol/Mainline/Lima versions, I really can't see why I am bothering. However, I could get a used RTR one, preferably pretty well battered except for the roof and ends and maybe use those parts?    

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

If any of you good folk have some ides for this rescue (apart from bin it) then I would probably be going for a later build with Steel Angle Trusses (rather than Turnbuckle) and electric lighting/equipment rather than the gas tanks. That is unless you advise me otherwise. I want to KISS.

Ar$£

• RMweb Premium

Never fly S & L for more than two seconds..............USAF can't understand that sort of logic seemingly?

Good moaning team. I am about to go and watch the recorded MR Challenge to see what happened but just before that here is some info ref the Kemilway Siphon

That was a given when I was a student pilot.

• RMweb Premium

Bet it was filthy? There were two and the other was 1450. They were standing in for busted bog certs but I doubt they stayed that long. Later that year I saw them both stored at St David's on the remains of the Shed. They were almost the last steam that were seen there. They came down from Yeovil together L. E. but never returned there.

By any chance cab you see the Trailer number?

P

Filthy, yes; trailer number no.

• RMweb Premium

Website one is a bit different, but 'warning'.....presumably rain, you would think that wasn't news to Wales!  Haverfordwest is presumably the epicentre of rain, and is to be venerated by the locals?

attachicon.gifhwest.JPG

Hi Neil with the extra leg,

Has the warning that an Outsider is moving to Haverfordwset been lifted?

• RMweb Premium

Hi Neil with the extra leg,

Has the warning that an Outsider is moving to Haverfordwset been lifted?

Not sure Clive, I didn't see the BBC Gnus tonight.  It's not that much better here sometimes, but as Mum was Manx I have a 'Get out of Jail Free' card.  I was almost drummed off the Island once for suggesting the blue on 'Hutchinson' in the 80's was nice though.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks buddy. I'm awaiting a response from someone on Wanted as he wants the existing kit tender. However this looks ok but 30 + notes is steep. Wonder if a Dapol Schools kit tender would suffice to be modified and detailed?

post-2326-0-57125400-1542096089_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-95498600-1542096064_thumb.jpg

​Here be 31637 at The Junction; many thanks to the person that took these shots in 1963. Wish I'd been there.

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Thanks buddy. I'm awaiting a response from someone on Wanted as he wants the existing kit tender. However this looks ok but 30 + notes is steep. Wonder if a Dapol Schools kit tender would suffice to be modified and detailed?

attachicon.gifthumbnail_img011top2.jpg

attachicon.gifthumbnail_img011low.jpg

​Here be 31637 at The Junction; many thanks to the person that took these shots in 1963. Wish I'd been there.

Phil

Morning Mr. Ar$£ It is a tad dear but I pick them up when they are going cheap or I buy a non runner for spares and the tenders are stored away

I fit RTR tenders to all of my kits It saves time and effort building the lumpy ones from the kits I've found it does enhance the kit no end with

thinner sheeting.

BTW I've several GWR white metal tender kits some part built laying around if anyone wants one for a small fee Or I just might build a weedkiller 

train.  :locomotive: Woo woo

• RMweb Gold

22nd June 1963 - I was 12 days away...

"12 days from Seaton Junction"?

Sorry, it doesn't have the same punchiness as "24 hours from Tulsa". You'll never get anyone to record it.

• RMweb Premium
Colonic Hydrotherapy Treatment? We use to call them soap and water enemas, "High Hot and a Hell of a lot". :sungum: :sungum: :stinker: :sungum: :sungum:

But I ain't giving the duck one, before anyone suggest I do. :nono: