SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Two at Taunton at the last count.

None at Laira? They used to have two at 72A as you all know, and if anyone has two Black Motors they do not want then The Junction awaits

The last loco fitted one at 72A was 3205 IIRC. That is how it survived I believe?

Ar $€

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Knackered as I remained conscious to witness the final performance of Dimples on Question Time. Enjoyable but also so disturbing at just how divided the population and MPs appear to be. Almost as bad as those on RMW Pecooboo Bull Sh1t thread.

Sod it, I shall get on with playing trains.

Hugh Arse

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Festive greetings to all the comedians on here and may your stockings be filled with noggin this coming holiday time. Take care and may the peace be with you and thank you for all your friendship during this year.

Batten down the hatches tomorrow as it is gonna be a wild one so they say, however I'm off out to see that steamy Duchess in the morning and No.9 in the evening, if we have not been covered in snow by then. Wouldn't want to be the crew on No.9 this time.

Big kisses from the pe(ker of the Duck. :nyam:  :maninlove:

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Not sure if these will actually be what I use and they are not finished shaping wise. I need to think about it for a while and assess the way it will be sculpted. They are just 'tacked' down temporarily at the moment.

post-2326-0-71619500-1544893383_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-28698800-1544893408_thumb.jpg

The idea is that a series of pods is created to sit on those 'arms' over the fiddle. I'll add some card bits to try to demonstrate how I/we think I/we can achieve a good effect possibly using some sort of vertical, scenic sheet along the top of those formers and fixed on the pods. Those pods are to give the scene depth which, in the real thing, was thick woodland. It may be that the trees are so dense that I won't need a back-sheet for all the cutting?

One thing that looks smart is the colouring of Stu's lovely Hungry Caterpillar mouth.

As you may have noticed I have a set of pics (laying on the boards between the formers) of the real thing to give me guidance and inspiration. 

On the left as you look at this I shall use a more trad way of creating the cutting side as it can be 'solid' if I wish. I suspect it might be polystyrene for sturdy ness?

P

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Some good progress on the fiddle hides, Phil!

Did you brave the elements to go trainspotting today?  Here are my efforts; the big red one arriving in daylight and the big green one setting off into the tempest.  The brave departure, accompanied by much chiming, came to an ignominious stand with the train half way off the platform, with what appeared to be a brake fault.  A swift examination of the coaches by men with torches, some fiddling under the buffet car, and she was on her way again about 15' late.  They have a good man at the regulator!

post-31-0-92101000-1544895101.jpg

post-31-0-23208000-1544895122.jpg

post-31-0-87574500-1544895139.jpg

I am now thawing out, and nursing frostbite to various extremities!

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Some good progress on the fiddle hides, Phil!

Did you brave the elements to go trainspotting today?  Here are my efforts; the big red one arriving in daylight and the big green one setting off into the tempest.  The brave departure, accompanied by much chiming, came to an ignominious stand with the train half way off the platform, with what appeared to be a brake fault.  A swift examination of the coaches by men with torches, some fiddling under the buffet car, and she was on her way again about 15' late.  They have a good man at the regulator!

attachicon.gifIMG_2464.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2465.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2468.jpg

I am now thawing out, and nursing frostbite to various extremities!

The big red one was lovely at Botany Bay Xing this morning and the sun were out then too. The big green one was on time at Retford and going well through the howling rainstorm with whistle full on Doppler; made my neck feathers stand on end. Brave crew and yes, a top Driver indeed who's face must have been frozen solid.

Thanks for the support with my fiddle diddle do bits. We shall see if they can be made to work. Maybe when you pop down next we can have a look at that?

All the best and thanks for the great pics.

P

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Phil; yes i look forward to seeing what you've been up to - it must be quite encouraging to see such positive progress being made and being able to visualise what it will look like.

Cheers,

Steve

Not sure if these will actually be what I use and they are not finished shaping wise. I need to think about it for a while and assess the way it will be sculpted. They are just 'tacked' down temporarily at the moment.

attachicon.gifIMG_0024.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0025.JPG

The idea is that a series of pods is created to sit on those 'arms' over the fiddle. I'll add some card bits to try to demonstrate how I/we think I/we can achieve a good effect possibly using some sort of vertical, scenic sheet along the top of those formers and fixed on the pods. Those pods are to give the scene depth which, in the real thing, was thick woodland. It may be that the trees are so dense that I won't need a back-sheet for all the cutting?

One thing that looks smart is the colouring of Stu's lovely Hungry Caterpillar mouth.

As you may have noticed I have a set of pics (laying on the boards between the formers) of the real thing to give me guidance and inspiration. 

On the left as you look at this I shall use a more trad way of creating the cutting side as it can be 'solid' if I wish. I suspect it might be polystyrene for sturdy ness?

P

Phil, have you thought about how you will get at those tracks under the hillside for cleaning and derailment clearing purposes?

Tim T

• RMweb Premium

Phil, have you thought about how you will get at those tracks under the hillside for cleaning and derailment clearing purposes?

Tim T

The idea is that there will be lift off pods sitting on those back struts over the FY. Behind the tunnel will be open and down by the Incline Box there wiĺl be a simple scenic screen of some sort that lifts out as well Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifIMG_0024.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0025.JPG

P

Phil, that looks tremendous - great stuff.

• RMweb Premium

Phil, that looks tremendous - great stuff.

from you that is praise indeed; many thanks. It is the easy part of the layout to deal with as there are no point motors etc. I've not done proper scenic for many years so this will be good practice.

I shall be slowly sorting the Station area trickery wise. Such fun.

All the best.

• RMweb Premium

from you that is praise indeed; many thanks. It is the easy part of the layout to deal with as there are no point motors etc. I've not done proper scenic for many years so this will be good practice.

I shall be slowly sorting the Station area trickery wise. Such fun.

All the best.

Well, you haven't seen my scenic work - in fact, not many folk have (ever)...

Each to their own!