SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

Clive I just know you look lovely in suspenders. His idea, which may well be right, concerns competing manufacturing, and some sort of market shakeout. Frankly, my dear.....

My HST has just had a bath as we pass Dawlish - a wave really did wash the windows, and we’re on the up line! The XC Voyagers aren’t coming further west than Exeter.

I wonder how an IEP will cope with a Dawlish Bath?

Tim T

Not exotic enough for them! This is Xmas Markets in Bremen, Copenhagen and Hamburg.

Does that mean you'll have towels shaped like a swan or Bratwurst on the bed in your cabin ?

G

At 11 st 5 lbs this morning, and somewhere towards 5’11”, I am as heavy as I ever have been. But we don’t do puddings, so I should escape the weight penalty. I am getting all sorts of brownie points for volunteering to go - any number of Sherry’s friends are jealous that she has such a man! Her ex loved cruising and still does so with his new lady. They both look like puddings!

As I'm currently tipping the scales at 17.5 stone and just a smidgin off 6'2 I'm already way over on the SWMBO scale of acceptability - she keeps muttering darkly about reducing the amount we eat, but the decent platefuls keep coming. Along the way, she still maintains the figure she had as a Caledonian Girl!

• RMweb Premium

I'm speechless! I'm also hardly any further forward with the ####### slip, except for one path and that isn't from the branch platform into the down yard. However I do now  have a lovely, bright daylight strip so as to admire my no working bit of track.

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Oh, and I am sorting out the lovely mouth of the Hungry Caterpillar in prep for the sorting of that bit of the Incline Cutting. It involves glue and masking tape, so I need to take my time with such a technical project and to not melt Stubbs' masterpiece. So to the loft.

P

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ian

I just love people who know how to reshape the model railway manufacturing industry. They don't need any help they are quite capable in messing it up all by themselves.

I am sure my granddad would have written to that nice Dr Beeching about how lovely Oakhampton is in winter and how that should be the line to Plymouth.....he never did like Newton Abbot.

'Avin finished me edumacashun in Okehampton, I can assure you that it's a dump and even worse when there's snow on the deck! The only good news is that most of the pubs still exist.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

'Avin finished me edumacashun in Okehampton, I can assure you that it's a dump and even worse when there's snow on the deck! The only good news is that most of the pubs still exist.

Ah but, if the railway line was open it would not be effected by the sea and trains would run.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Oh, and I am sorting out the lovely mouth of the Hungry Caterpillar in prep for the sorting of that bit of the Incline Cutting. It involves glue and masking tape, so I need to take my time with such a technical project and to not melt Stubbs' masterpiece. So to the loft.

P

Looking forward to the photos, especially as you've got a new stripper.

• RMweb Premium

The slip is corrected and this is how I did it:

removed point motor;

set up two DCC 80 frog switches for the frogs that actually work :swoon: ;

re-set up track power to the slip(s), as advised in DCC guides, which  is fully isolated from everything else around it.

Tested locos long (S15) and very short (B4 Tank) all ways through it and it works a treat.

The slip(s) will almost certainly become operated by wire in tube (WIT) so the operator can and has to visually check the paths. In the real world these moves would have required the Shunter to get permission from the 'Bobby' for certain paths.

The 'safety interlocking' will now be between the branch to down yard facing point and the station down loop trailing point from the branch, thus a train will not be able to run straight from the branch onto the loop if the loop point is set for the station loop through track. This trailing point is protected by a signal at the end of the down platform (2) .

The Branch facing point to the slip is protected by signals (not there yet of course). At the moment two switches (levers) are required to be pulled to 'lock the branch'. I shall endeavour to link the two motors at some time soon so as to allow one switch only (lever) to create the safety locking. Simple for some, challenge for a Duck.

I now have another point motor available :good:

Didn't swear more than 20 times and I shall retrieve the Hungry Caterpillar from the freezing Conservatory asap and return it to the Junction this evening and try to get a pic for Subbers.

Tea time.

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Interval to let you know that the Slip is a bas###d and will not do as it is told. Another thrashing is on the cards.

P

post-14122-0-48436100-1544724612.jpeg

• RMweb Premium

Ah but, if the railway line was open it would not be effected by the sea and trains would run.

Only to be stopped by snow drifts, when living in Lydford, it was a regular occurrence to be cut off for a few days. I don't think there are any railway snow ploughs kept down here.

• RMweb Premium

As I'm currently tipping the scales at 17.5 stone and just a smidgin off 6'2 I'm already way over on the SWMBO scale of acceptability - she keeps muttering darkly about reducing the amount we eat, but the decent platefuls keep coming. Along the way, she still maintains the figure she had as a Caledonian Girl!

"I wish they all could be Caledonian girls..."

• RMweb Premium

I'm speechless! I'm also hardly any further forward with the ####### slip, except for one path and that isn't from the branch platform into the down yard. However I do now  have a lovely, bright daylight strip so as to admire my no working bit of track.

P

No, you're not going to hook me with that bait.

So what's next?  Another thread on track, or shall we talk about Lady Miss Doctor Who?

My, folk are getting vexatious lately.

As my old dad used to say, 'some things don't matter very much and most things don't matter at all'.  

He also used to say, 'some people are stupid, some people are lazy.  Most people are lazy and stupid'.

He was a Royal Marine for 20 years, and a cop for 25 so I think he had a measure of people across a spectrum of society.

I actually enjoy reading backwards through locked threads to see what started the kerfuffle.  Or who fired the smocking gun.  Or should that be covfefe?

Thank heavens for freds like this one, where everyone is sensible all the time and no-one gets narky.  And now, here's a lady for Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all my bros and fam on RMWeb

:jester:

Her cooking show has at last penetrated our local TV on an educational channel no less! :O

Brian.

• Like 1