Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

J6727; Santa Claus looks grumpy.

So would you if you had been up for two nights circling the world in an open sleigh.

Happy Christmas and New Year to one and all.  Looking forward to another year of these remarkable photos, thanks Dave.

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul

So would you if you had been up for two nights circling the world in an open sleigh.

Happy Christmas and New Year to one and all.  Looking forward to another year of these remarkable photos, thanks Dave.

Paul

How do you know I wasn't ? :mosking:

The Havila Phoenix is a dynamically positioned multi-role ice class construction vessel. The Phoenix is a leading construction, installation and trenching support vessel available for subsea operations with optional 2000 Te carousel. This combination of features means that this one vessel can perform all of your combined construction and trenching requirements, even in remote locations...

Edited by eastwestdivide
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Kent and East Sussex Railway photo’s at Tenterden, which are full of interest and, as always, when looking back, it’s clear to see how things have changed. I don’t know if the grumpy Father Christmas has, but the line has developed over the years. ;)

The photo’s of the ECML north of Cramlington are delightful, and I particularly like the last one at Morpeth with 31196 shunting a breakdown train on the 9th April, 1986. It’s a most modelable scene with the ex - Mk1 BS in yellow.

The ships look good in the last set of photo’s, with the Havila Phoenix as well as 66737 looking so good.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Post #14398 from 23 October - Little Bytham 1971/72

Just been catching up on this thread, and it seems the usual train identifier has not been by for these, so here goes....:)

J2385	15xx	1A17 0930 MO Newcastle - KX, non-stop from Doncaster
J2530	176x?	1A27 1305 Newcastle - KX
J2667	1872 	1H02 1220 KX - Hull 
J2966	9005	1A11 0815 Newcastle - KX
J2967	1863?	1N13 1015 KX - Newcastle

Your thread is consistently interesting, thanks for continuing to post.

• RMweb Gold

Post #14398 from 23 October - Little Bytham 1971/72

Just been catching up on this thread, and it seems the usual train identifier has not been by for these, so here goes.... :)

J2385	15xx	1A17 0930 MO Newcastle - KX, non-stop from Doncaster
J2530	176x?	1A27 1305 Newcastle - KX
J2667	1872 	1H02 1220 KX - Hull 
J2966	9005	1A11 0815 Newcastle - KX
J2967	1863?	1N13 1015 KX - Newcastle

Your thread is consistently interesting, thanks for continuing to post.

Many thanks, I've copied the details into the original post.

David

Thanks for the underframe info; didn’t look at photos. It’s definately 4754x, and the last digit is different to the one before, so not 544. Possibly 545 if the underframe detail is wrong for 546/549? I didn’t say 548 didn’t exist btw, just that no loco carried it.

A lot of spares parts got booked out to 47548, no one ever questioned its non existence!. :D

• RMweb Premium

That Kegworth parcels picture is so atmospheric with the almost monochrome of the frosty landscape and the washed out colours of the train.

Bit like an impressionistic view of a railway.

Nice pictures as always, Dave.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the photo’s from between Nottingham and Loughborough. They are all full of atmosphere and nostalgia. I particularly like the one of Trent with class 20, 20043 and another, running light engine with a brake van in April, 1980, in J6842. A great composition which has caught that light engine movement very well indeed.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

Trent Class 47 St Pancras to Sheffield April 80 J6846

Ah, the Graham Farish 47 in blue, 47455 with a typically oily bogie at No.1 end. Many a 47 awash with oil from compressors, exhausters and the hydrostatic cooling system leaks/spillage, add dragging brakes and you'll need the boys in the big red truck to attend lineside. Pulling the toasted traction cables out afterwards is no mean feat, as I once found out....

Dave

J6842 - the second, currently unidentified, Class 20 will be one of the final hundred as it has a headcode box rather than discs. Also note the bogies - 20 043 has the plain frames variant, which I think were originally fitted to the pilot batch (first 250) - and the second unit has the more common bogies with fluted frames.

Edit - pilot batch was 50 units, not 20. So 043 would be normal for plain framed bogies. But they did move around within the fleet over time.

Edited by dvdlcs

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the photo’s from Newcastle and area. They are all so full of interest and historical details. In C6337, at Swalwell, the Johnsons Chopwell Ltd, shunter, 12074, in January, 1984, makes a fine sight, and details are visible from a modelling perspective. I’d just like to ask if that was the only one they had?

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Edited by Market65

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the photo’s from Newcastle and area. They are all so full of interest and historical details. In C6337, at Swalwell, the Johnsons Chopwell Ltd, shunter, 12074, in January, 1984, makes a fine sight, and details are visible from a modelling perspective. I’d just like to ask if that was the only one they had?

With warmest regards,

Rob.

I think it was the only one but am not certain.

David

• RMweb Premium

Newcastle Class 253 21st Feb 85 C6712

Looking at the InterCity 125 legend, I can't decide if it is dirty white or silver. Usually Blue/grey carried outlined silver, Executive solid white. Whichever, it is outline rather than solid, which appears to be unique to the first two Executive liveried power cars, 43125 and this one 43126.

Great shots as usual,

Dave

• RMweb Premium

C6712 the cl.253 HST at the buffer stops. Great pic for the weathered look of the power car and also a good detail shot for the guard's 'door-and-a-bit' on the TGS, it's not often seen close-up.

Being a cl.253, i take it this is a NE-SW service? I remember a previous pic which showed an HST coming over the High Level Bridge, which to me seemed unusual until you pointed out some of these services used the bay platforms at the north end of the station.

• RMweb Gold

C6712 the cl.253 HST at the buffer stops. Great pic for the weathered look of the power car and also a good detail shot for the guard's 'door-and-a-bit' on the TGS, it's not often seen close-up.

Being a cl.253, i take it this is a NE-SW service? I remember a previous pic which showed an HST coming over the High Level Bridge, which to me seemed unusual until you pointed out some of these services used the bay platforms at the north end of the station.

Yes it was A SW/NE service and  the power car appears to have a W prefix.

David