Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

No 5th Jan pics here....... :no2:

.....at least not when I first posted this note.

You were too quick to look!  I had a minor upload problem - I'd forgotten to resize one of the images and had to try again.

David

You were too quick to look!  I had a minor upload problem - I'd forgotten to resize one of the images and had to try again.

David

I always 'check in' at about this time to see what the evening's 'goodies' will be.

I saw the title had been updated (yay) and then saw no pics (boo).

Looking forward to tomorrow's already, keep on posting :yes:

• RMweb Gold

I always 'check in' at about this time to see what the evening's 'goodies' will be.

I saw the title had been updated (yay) and then saw no pics (boo).

Looking forward to tomorrow's already, keep on posting :yes:

For the next few weeks I'll be watching Michael Portillo at 6.30 pm so I may be posting  a bit later (or earlier) than usual.

David

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Some good Scottish photo's tonight. I especially like C15749, of Menstrie, on 5th April, 1991, for what a mountain in the background!

Please keep the photo's coming,

All the best,

Market65.

• RMweb Premium

great pics dave, might have been flying visits up here but you managed some rarities! (menstrie tanks, leven/methil)

love J16295 of the 158 at kinghorn - look top right with 'bayview hotel' painted on the roof. a couple of years ago the lettering was still faintly visible, but i've no idea if/when it stopped being a hotel, i'm sure it's just flats now.

i couldn't tell you where, but i'm sure i've seen that done in a few other places - hotel name painted on the roof so it's visible from the station. was this a peculiarly scottish thing, or did it happen elsewhere?

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Great photo's of the 'everyday' trains at Peascliffe tunnel tonight. I don't think there are so many light engine movements these days - mainly a multiple unit railway today unlike back in 1970 - love seeing the 31 LE. The HST is probably missing one of the trailer buffets.

All the best,

Market65.

C439 could well be a 52A class 46, 45's being a bit of a rarer beast on mainline trains.

Not saying it is mind.

Mike.

I'd say it was a 46 as well - IIRC no 45's had the 'single aperture' 4 digit headcode panel?

Rgds

• RMweb Premium

The HST is probably missing one of the trailer buffets.

All the best,

Market65.

The HST is one with a 3-window TRUB, a combined restaurant/buffet, so wouldn't require another dining car. The sets with 2 diners had a TRUK and TRSB, both of which had 4 large windows. NE-SW sets had a single TRSB as well as only having one TF.

Must either be running without a TSO or possibly waiting for a TGS (not sure how long it took for all sets to get one)

Edited by keefer

• RMweb Gold

C439 could well be a 52A class 46, 45's being a bit of a rarer beast on mainline trains.

Not saying it is mind.

Mike.

I'd say it was a 46 as well - IIRC no 45's had the 'single aperture' 4 digit headcode panel?

Rgds

Many thanks to both of you.

On reflection I think it probably is a Class 46, I now know that 45's were not common on the southern end of the ECML  (but didn't then).   For whatever reason at the time I didn't make a note of the loco number.  I've altered the caption.

Edited by DaveF

attachicon.gifPilmoor Class 55 D9010 The Kings Own Scottish Borderer Newcastle to Kings X Sept 67 J1117.jpg

Pilmoor Class 55 D9010 The Kings Own Scottish Borderer Newcastle to Kings X Sept 67 J1117

That's  a Deltic in green livery with double arrows. I haven't made a particular study of Deltic liveries, but this variation must be unusual.

Geoff Endacott

Not saying it is mind.

Mike.

Rgds

Many thanks to both of you.

On reflection I think it probably is a Class 46, I now know that 45's were not common on the southern end of the ECML  (but didn't then).   For whatever reason at the time I didn't make a note of the loco number.  I've altered the caption.

Doh! Foot in Mouth time-

Just found this pic:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidwf2009/15033288694/sizes/l

Ironically in Dave's own Flicker site!

But I suspect it's collision damage repair.

• Like 1

This is where that saloon is now.

Yup - I know!

Here's a pic of me celebrating my 50th, having just unwrapped a prezzie, riding in it as part of the charter I arranged on NYMR in 2013.

1017346_10201447092156121_1589604403_n.j

We had full use of this, the adjacent coach and the Gresley Buffet for the day - bl^^dy marvellous. :danced:  The 'silly flares' were an attempt to join in the seventies w/e theme on the railway.

Edit:

Sorry for the temporary Hijack Dave - PM me if you want it removed.

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 5

Hi, Dave. Great photo's of the 'everyday' trains at Peascliffe tunnel tonight. I don't think there are so many light engine movements these days - mainly a multiple unit railway today unlike back in 1970 - love seeing the 31 LE. The HST is probably missing one of the trailer buffets.

All the best,

Market65.

The reduction of light engine moves is partially down to the reduction in loco-hauled movements, also the loss of many freight flows and the fact that you have to pay for paths.