The Official Rapido APT-E Thread

rapidotrains

• RMweb Premium

If you look at the last image that's what it appears Royal Mail quoted.

I did and Parcelforce are usually one of the more expensive options (including extra cover for valuable items) when it comes to packages of that size.

45cmx43cmx11.5cm, weight 3.7kg according to the box.

Cheers,

Mick

Would think buyer would take up the offer of meeting the seller for collection ,as most cars would have a full petrol/diesel,gas/electric, tank range to be a cheaper cost option

There may be some decals for the antimacassers on the seat backs of the TC1 seats before much longer too. 

Thanks to Kit we've now produced a transfer pack for antimacassar seat brandings to suit vehicle TC1. Each pack contains 34 brandings - so enough for 2 vehicles plus spares for those who have purchased extra vehicles. I'm sure it's mentioned elsewhere in the thread but Kit informs us that vehicle TC2 did not contain any brandings as the seats were all black. Hopefully the pack may help those who would like to go to that extra level of detail in this already fine model.

The pack reference is 4mm-3122, available here.

3122-1.jpg

Edited by railtec-models
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Sandra is it possible for you to reply to my pm. or can someone give me a working email address.

Same here Sandra or anyone at Locomotion please. I have sent a couple of e mails going back three weeks and would appreciate a reply.

Thanks to Kit we've now produced a transfer pack for antimacassar seat brandings to suit vehicle TC1. Each pack contains 34 brandings - so enough for 2 vehicles plus spares for those who have purchased extra vehicles. I'm sure it's mentioned elsewhere in the thread but Kit informs us that vehicle TC2 did not contain any brandings as the seats were all black. Hopefully the pack may help those who would like to go to that extra level of detail in this already fine model.

The pack reference is 4mm-3122, available here.

3122-1.jpg

You beat me to it Steve.  :D

Just to ensure any of you get your decals in the correct position here's a pic of TC1 taken on the morning of the re-union a couple of years ago. They DON'T go in the centre of the white antimacassars, they're actually meant to be offset. And the seats facing in the opposite direction have them offset to the right as you're sitting in the seat, we didn't print them handed, they're all the same way round.

DrQE5O.jpg

• Like 3

Same here Sandra or anyone at Locomotion please. I have sent a couple of e mails going back three weeks and would appreciate a reply.

Hi Colin,  I rang up Shildon at lunchtime today.  Got through to Sandra - as per a lot of the threads from page 78 to 116, she is very, very busy packing, sellotaping, labelling a load of boxes for the 2000 apt's to ship plus the additional trailer cars [coaches?!].  I didn'task how far she was with the process, but certainly she hasn't near finished it.  I got through to her on the shildon phone.  I was on for 30 secs, so that it didn't disturb her too much with the packing process. I believe  she has not been on RmWeb for past 3 wks because she is focussing on getting all the loco sets out.  if still worried, give her a ring. hope this helps.

Was there any provision for luggage in the VIP compartment? I'm thinking, what I might do for my TC3 and TC4.

- Richard.

Not really, there were nooks and crannies around the seats, especially behind the one against the central bulkhead, but no luggage spaces were designed in. You could always add overhead baggage racks of course.  :D

The VIP compartment was only intended to a) demonstrate how well the train worked to the BR Board and Ministry of Transport high-ups, and b) to get opinions on how well it REALLY worked from normal BR office staff. The testing crew were worse than useless to assess such things as we were far too close to the project to be objective about it.

Just to make things clear about the RailTec decals, the centre portion of the icon is meant to be white, as Steve has printed it.

I have the only original one left, and it's a white mesh all over with a Rail Blue icon printed on it. The new ones we had printed for the re-union, as shown in the pic above, came out a tad grey in the middle though. 

See below for the original.

sI3Bic.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Talking of luggage space I found it rather amusing that the Amtrak Acela train which also tilt but nothing as pronounced as the APT s or Pendolinos yet the Acelas have aircraft style overhead luggage storage with doors!

I suppose that when you are trying to capture the aircraft passenger market then they probably feel right at home!

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1

Hello everyone,

I'm a busy bee but all apt-es that are paid for in full will be shipped this week. I hope everyone who has paid for sound already has their model. (Well you should have) all dcc ready versions are on their way to you over the next few days.

It's cheaper to send by courier than by post, and easier too.

I will be checking rmweb all night and will answer any questions you may have so fire away!

i also have my mobile to hand so ring me if you want to 07766 785333. (7.00 til 7.30 excluded because of emmerdale)

Cheers

Sandra

• Like 2

If you read back a few posts you will find a reply from Sandra regarding shipping of the APT`s

They have had 2000 sets to ship out and there is a limit on how many they can ship per day that is set by the courier themselves

If you have paid then it will eventually arrive

Mine hasn`t arrived yet either but i`m not going to start panicking or worrying till the end of April at the earliest

I finally got through to Locomotion today on the telephone. Apparently there was a problem with my order as they computer thought I hadn't paid the balance! This was cleared up straight away and the model should have been dispatched today. Thank you to all at Locomotion.

I had to pay the balance by telephone as the website listed just about every country other than France in the payment section. I suspect this is why the computer was unaware of the balance having been paid. Good job I called!

So kit I suppose it is a race to see who will be the first to have the anti macassars applied to the model

Despite being released only this lunchtime, there have been a few made today's 1st class post already so I'd imagine they'll be landing on various door-steps during tomorrow. Those who are familiar with our process will know that we use discrete packaging so that any spousal arguments of, "Have you been spending again...?" are hopefully avoided  ^_^

Those who are familiar with our process will know that we use discrete packaging so that any spousal arguments of, "Have you been spending again...?" are hopefully avoided  ^_^

As opposed to the model itself, which comes in a big brown box clearly marked "Rapido Trains Inc. APT-E". No hiding that unless you manage to be the only one at home when it arrives :)

Talking of luggage space I found it rather amusing that the Amtrak Acela train which also tilt but nothing as pronounced as the APT s or Pendolinos yet the Acelas have aircraft style overhead luggage storage with doors!

I suppose that when you are trying to capture the aircraft passenger market then they probably feel right at home!

Considering that the luggage will feel just as much cant deficiency as the passengers, and that's as little as possible without generating the dreaded 'tilt sickness', there's little point in haveing doors on the racks. it must be purely a marketing exercise as you say.

It's not so much how much the various trains actually tilt, but how much the passengers feel that's important when comparing them. P-Train tilted 9 deg, originally, as did E-Train, but was trimmed down to 6 deg. when the 'tilt sickness' issue was understood more fully. IIRC Pendelinos are similar, so how much do the Acelas tilt?

So kit I suppose it is a race to see who will be the first to have the anti macassars applied to the model

First people will have to get their TC1s apart  :D but I've explained that a few posts above here. 

Edited by Mr_Tilt

Hi Sandra

Received my apt-e a while ago (thank you) but ordered and paid for a couple of coaches separately to the main order for the train. When do you expect these to be sent out?

Thanks

Mark

Hi mark

What's your surname and I can check those tomorrow and get them sent out. Ring or text or pm

Cheers

Sandra

Edited by LocomotionatShildon

Hello everyone,

I'm a busy bee but all apt-es that are paid for in full will be shipped this week. I hope everyone who has paid for sound already has their model. (Well you should have) all dcc ready versions are on their way to you over the next few days.

It's cheaper to send by courier than by post, and easier too.

I will be checking rmweb all night and will answer any questions you may have so fire away!

i also have my mobile to hand so ring me if you want to 07766 785333. (7.00 til 7.30 excluded because of emmerdale)

Cheers

Sandra

Big mistake by Sandra, I received my sound version about three weeks ago, over the moon with the model, couldn't resist phoning Sandra to thank her once again in the middle of Emmerdale :-)