Dapol "O" gauge Terrier.

Multiple identity account

Does anybody have experience in which paint comes closest to Dapols black?

According to this drawing Dapol uses Pantone PMS 419 matt: https://digest.Dapol.co.uk/filedata/fetch?photoid=389

But unfortunately http://scalemodeldb.com/paint seems to be offline at the moment, so I can´t translate the colour there...

Manuel

Pantone is for ink printed on white paper....

How did you get on with a match? I'm after a match for the stroudley IEG 'yellow' on Brighton....

How did you get on with a match? I'm after a match for the stroudley IEG 'yellow' on Brighton....

Since I´m a pure collector without a lot of experience in building or painting (also without any black paint at home to compare) not very good, to be honest. But since my loco (Fishbourne) sadly also had a couple of other faults I decided it´s best to send it to DCC Supplies to get it repaired or exchanged.

Good luck with the IEG, that´s of course a whole different story than finding a plain black!

Just managed to pick up a brighton on ebay I now have two in early LBSCR livery unfortunatly one has to be repainted LSWR in the next week which one?

Marc

I think 734 is the one that remained the same. But then I believe it did not last long. 735 was altered a few times within it's LSWR/SR life.

I was thinking of doing 734. but which LBSCR loco should feel the full force of the airbrush? I will have 2 Beattie well tanks to paint at the same time. one is in the goods livery and the other in the passenger livery.

Marc

• Like 1

I was thinking of doing 734. but which LBSCR loco should feel the full force of the airbrush? I will have 2 Beattie well tanks to paint at the same time. one is in the goods livery and the other in the passenger livery.

Marc

I did 735 with a Drummond boiler and dome with stove pipe chimney.Complete with 3 wire pull push.

I would like to see one of the BTW kits. May think of adding another to my stock or replace my Shedmaster one.

I saw this model action recently and I must admit it it a bargain at the price, When I look at the rolling stock £250 for a Heljan Mk 1 coach kills it for me really. good job OO rolling stock is not dearer than the locos!!

Some is!

http://www.goldenagemodels.net/lner-coaches-oo-gauge.html

You need to look a bit further, - the Heljan coaches aren't even the right profile, try these for size

http://www.scalelink.co.uk/acatalog/O-scale-MTH-Fine-scale-British-Passenger-rolling-stock--Retail-only-.html

at about £125 a coach they're a bit closer.

Peter

Has there been an upsurge in getting SR/LBSCR coaches made available? I think a string of four-wheelers behind a terrier would be marvellous. I might even be convinced to switch from Australian (most private/industrial users bought British, so yay! for the new RTR industrial locos) and model a free-lanced British style layout.

LBSCR coaches are being design as we speak. We will be offering them as kits or RTR on demand. We found out resently that we do have two already in our coach range a 1870's all 3rd and a 1880's all 1st. So we will be adding another all 3rd, a comp and a brake 3rd.

I addition to this our LBSCR range will have a goods brake van and a 6 plank open added to it this year. Also we have been commissioned to produce a LBSCR/LSWR joint railcar. Again these will all be available as either kits or RTR to order.

Marc

Has there been an upsurge in getting SR/LBSCR coaches made available? I think a string of four-wheelers behind a terrier would be marvellous. I might even be convinced to switch from Australian (most private/industrial users bought British, so yay! for the new RTR industrial locos) and model a free-lanced British style layout.

I need ex GER and CLC 4 wheelers for mine. I'm expecting Inkscape and my Silhouette Portrait to come to my rescue far sooner than any manufacturer!

I need ex GER and CLC 4 wheelers for mine. I'm expecting Inkscape and my Silhouette Portrait to come to my rescue far sooner than any manufacturer!

Given the recent releases of the Hudswell Clarke Peckett and Terrier, I am sure there is a ready market for some ready to run 4 or 6 wheel pre-grouping coaches that could serve a purpose as generic light railway coaching stock. I have no doubt this will be a growing area of interest in coming years as more and more are attracts to O gauge but are limited to smaller models. Personally I'd prefer NER prototypes but anything would do to serve as second-hand stock, with a 'back story' being easily justified!

Given the recent releases of the Hudswell Clarke Peckett and Terrier, I am sure there is a ready market for some ready to run 4 or 6 wheel pre-grouping coaches that could serve a purpose as generic light railway coaching stock. I have no doubt this will be a growing area of interest in coming years as more and more are attracts to O gauge but are limited to smaller models. Personally I'd prefer NER prototypes but anything would do to serve as second-hand stock, with a 'back story' being easily justified!

I don't want generic. I want Kent & East Sussex Railway in 1905! From what I can make out, I'm one of the few (maybe the only) people actually planning to run Bodiam in its correct setting at the right time!!

Edited by BG John
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

LBSCR coaches are being design as we speak. We will be offering them as kits or RTR on demand. We found out resently that we do have two already in our coach range a 1870's all 3rd and a 1880's all 1st. So we will be adding another all 3rd, a comp and a brake 3rd.

I addition to this our LBSCR range will have a goods brake van and a 6 plank open added to it this year. Also we have been commissioned to produce a LBSCR/LSWR joint railcar. Again these will all be available as either kits or RTR to order.

Marc

Hello Marc, that sounds good - but is there a website where you have photos of your current range? I seem to remember that you had a list and photos at UKmodelshops, but not anymore it seems? 

• RMweb Gold

Hopefully this hasn't been discussed before, a search of RMweb found nothing:

Something to watch out for on the new batch of Terriers. Mine arrived with a distorted brake assembly - and it's not just mine. The effect can be seen on several of the product photos on the web, eg here and second photo down here

I inspected my model and it turned out one brake rod was 3 mm longer than the other.  This makes the brake assembly buckle and pulls the brake blocks onto the wheels on the short side. One explanation could be that the different brake assemblies for the wooden and iron brake blocks have been mixed up on some models.

I contacted the seller who sent me on to DCC supplies (Dapol's servicing agent). They replied very quickly and I offered to fit a new brake assembly myself. So a new brake assembly is now in the post. I will report back when I have tried fitting it.

post-738-0-25666300-1474027251_thumb.jpg

post-738-0-80171800-1474027252_thumb.jpg

When you detach the "short" brake rod the mis-alignment is very apparent:

post-738-0-31708900-1474027257_thumb.jpg

post-738-0-75319500-1474027258_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mikkel
  • Like 1

Our LSWR coaches were the ones bought by the col for a number of his light railways KESR, PD&SWR and Selsea tram just being 3.

We have a new website www.pregroupingrailways.com it's abut of a work in progress

Marc

I don't want generic. I want Kent & East Sussex Railway in 1905! From what I can make out, I'm one of the few (maybe the only) people actually planning to run Bodiam in its correct setting at the right time!!

Sorry but "generic" will meet with the laissez-faire approach on my embryonic, wildly ficticious light railway ;) I'm sure it would be the case for many others too and anything that encourages interest in the vastly under-appreciated world of standard gauge light railways can only be a good thing in my view!

David

PS - tongue firmly in cheek in this response John, I'm not belittling your viewpoint in any way (I know how things can be misconstrued on t'interweb!!)

NER coaches will be out at Reading All 3rd, brake 3rd, Lug 3rd, Lug Comp and Lav Comp all 32ft6 6 wheelers

Marc

Champion! I look forward to having a look. Edited by south_tyne

• RMweb Gold

Our LSWR coaches were the ones bought by the col for a number of his light railways KESR, PD&SWR and Selsea tram just being 3.

We have a new website www.pregroupingrailways.com it's abut of a work in progress

Marc

Thanks for that - and thanks for providing info on the build dates etc of the wagons.

Sorry but "generic" will meet with the laissez-faire approach on my embryonic, wildly ficticious light railway ;) I'm sure it would be the case for many others too and anything that encourages interest in the vastly under-appreciated world of standard gauge light railways can only be a good thing in my view!

David

PS - tongue firmly in cheek in this response John, I'm not belittling your viewpoint in any way (I know how things can be misconstrued on t'interweb!!)

Champion! I look forward to having a look.

It would be the start of a dangerous slippery slope! I already have two LNER bogie coaches given to me by a very nice RMwebber, along with a Lima continental coach. I have ideas for adapting the LNER coaches, but I also get tempted to try to convince the world that the Colonel ran boat trains! The opportunity to add more fiction would just get too tempting, and expensive :nono:.