OO Gauge class 71 Electric Locomotive

DJM Dave

• RMweb Premium

ooooorrghhhh lookit the bogie detail! :sungum:  :locomotive:

Not only that but DJ as his own man has parts which stay on the bogies whereas his previous employer currently has models where they fall off.  

That look the badgers nadgers.  Now for my 74s - please!

• Like 2

Just imagine it with silver bogies, raised chrome bodyside strip and numbers, plus an early BR crest !!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

I like your image John, but how about Photographic Grey ?. By this, I mean, I'm still not completely convinced (in black) by the cab-front to body-side curvature transition.

Looking at Andy Y's / Kernows' photos, The near-side front corner looks to be 'ok', while the off-side front, and rear ends' look to be 'unattended to'.

Still, Best to catch'it'early with this loco, Dave, is it not ?

All the best,

Frank.

I like your image John, but how about Photographic Grey ?. By this, I mean, I'm still not completely convinced (in black) by the cab-front to body-side curvature transition.

Looking at Andy Y's / Kernows' photos, The near-side front corner looks to be 'ok', while the off-side front, and rear ends' look to be 'unattended to'.

Still, Best to catch'it'early with this loco, Dave, is it not ?

All the best,

Frank.

I'm confused.

As you can see both ends, what corner is OK and what corners have remained the same?

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

I was lucky enough to get to see and handle the EP in the flesh at Ally Pally (thanks Captain Kernow).  Looks good and has a good weight to it too.  There'll be no lack of traction! :imsohappy:

Edited by Phatbob

I'm confused.

As you can see both ends, what corner is OK and what corners have remained the same?

Dave.

Hi Dave.

It may be just an optical illusion, but, compare the two lower front corners in the overhead shot.

Here's a tracing to illustrate.

post-7009-0-90163900-1458435167_thumb.png 

Hi,

Until i get the model back from Kernow later this week i cant get you the required picture, however, from the updated cad/cam all 4 'corners' were altered when it had the slight re-tool.

I could show you the cad/cam but in all honest i'll wait and show you the model just to put all doubt at rest.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 3

Hi Dave.

It may be just an optical illusion, but, compare the two lower front corners in the overhead shot.

Here's a tracing to illustrate.

attachicon.gifDJM Cl.71 Front end..png

Hi Ceptic.

From your sketch, I see what you mean but I'm afraid I don't agree wholely.

I think your sketch misses the nuances of the curve and the light and dark shading.

Take the overhead shot and explode the area of concern and a very different picture emerges.

Anyway. Roll on more shots when available.

Dave

• Like 1

Many thanks for posting the photos, Andy and the same to DJM Dave for the work he and the team are doing on this model - I look forward to receiving mine!

To those who are ... shall we say … 'interpreting' what the photos appear to show, do you really think that DJM Dave would have corrected one corner and not the other three?

:jester:

• Like 1