OO Gauge class 71 Electric Locomotive

DJM Dave

...including an astonishingly well-timed Golden Arrow passing a Night Ferry! Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/robertcwp/5520128940/in/album-72157603648772112/

...at Petts Wood Junction.

I never understood why the main line to Chislehurst and beyond was up-down-up-down, but the Petts Wood - Bickley and St. Mary Cray - Chislehurst connecting chords arranged more suitably for up-up-down-down, which as far as I know, that line never was. The Bromley line, on the other hand, was changed from up-up-down-down to up-down-up-down in the 50's.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hadn't appreciated that the Up loop / siding at Sevenoaks was wired too but must have been as there are poles visible in Pauls' photo of Oakhill Substation - post #40 in the Sevenoaks thread

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/103064-sevenoaks/page-2

Edited by Southernman46

• 2 weeks later...

I attended the show at Fareham today, headed straight for the DJ Models stand, had a good chinwag with Dave about the class 71, it certainly looks very nice indeed and it was a great to hear about the announcement of the class 74. Very exciting times ahead, the J94 also looks a smashing model as well, all i can say is those of you that are waiting for these models, you won't be disappointed.

• Like 2

I took a photo of the class 71 on my I-Phone Rusty but, I haven't a clue how to post on here.

It needs to be no bigger than 1 mb, use the advanced posting option, at the bottom you can attach/upload a file.

If not send to me and I'll post for you?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It was good to meet and chat with Dave at Fareham today and I managed to get some photos with my iPhone. Very impressed with the bogies on the 71, a real work of art IMHI. It was fascinating listening to an ex-driver on the Southern who was saying that the 74s were so rough that you couldn't sit down when driving them, you had to stand up. A key factor to be taken into account when adding a driver to Dave's 74!

A good exhibition and well worth making a visit if you are free tomorrow. Came away with some nice Howard Scenics Flemish Bond brick papers, an 0 gauge figure from the excellent Master Piece range and I gave into massive temptation and bought the new beautiful 02. An expensive but enjoyable day out!

Godfrey

post-138-0-00019300-1443893486_thumb.jpg

post-138-0-48188600-1443893496_thumb.jpg

post-138-0-83834900-1443893509_thumb.jpg

post-138-0-47156600-1443893524_thumb.jpg

post-138-0-93871900-1443893537_thumb.jpg

post-138-0-93605300-1443893552_thumb.jpg

post-138-0-07898100-1443893567_thumb.jpg

post-138-0-96507000-1443893578_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

It was good to meet and chat with Dave at Fareham today and I managed to get some photos with my iPhone. Very impressed with the bogies on the 71, a real work of art IMHI. It was fascinating listening to an ex-driver on the Southern who was saying that the 74s were so rough that you couldn't sit down when driving them, you had to stand up. A key factor to be taken into account when adding a driver to Dave's 74!

A good exhibition and well worth making a visit if you are free tomorrow. Came away with some nice Howard Scenics Flemish Bond brick papers, an 0 gauge figure from the excellent Master Piece range and I gave into massive temptation and bought the new beautiful 02. An expensive but enjoyable day out!

Godfrey

That's not real, that's a vapourware mirage - I read that on the internet so it must be true

(mind you it does look a very nice job Mr J, just a shame it's not a Hymek)

Does it only come with the non-scale springs (to make the pantograph work) or is there a more authentic dummy version included ?

Hi Phil,

Not sure I understand your post.

The pan to is a plastic dummy and is posable.

By doing it this way the plastic will have ( remember this is a first EP) 3 springs as per the prototype of the correct length and diameter.

It will also have a presentation of the chain drive to raise and lower the panto.

Mine also doesn't collect power via the panto, as with DCC you really don't need that 1970's feature anymore IMHO.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

I'd say that EP reaffirms the faith I had in the product from the outset - yes, I am an early investor in the crowd funding.  I might have to buy another though.......one may not be enough!

Me too, I am an early investor and have just ordered a second. It would be nice to know which models have the shuttle differences but - despite not knowing that - I have gone for a really early BR version without the rain stripes etc, to a really late BR blue, which hopefully will cover the maximum variations of the class throughout its life.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Me too, I am an early investor and have just ordered a second. It would be nice to know which models have the shuttle differences but - despite not knowing that - I have gone for a really early BR version without the rain stripes etc, to a really late BR blue, which hopefully will cover the maximum variations of the class throughout its life.

Agree with that wholeheartedly - also an early 'investor' - delighted that the order book has stayed open for another three months now that we've seen something in tangible plastic. The list of options /differences between those being made (other than livery of course) would be great as it would 'inform' any other purchases.

PS Dave - are you any further forward in being allowed to produce the NRM livery?