OO Gauge class 71 Electric Locomotive

DJM Dave

I'll tell you what: let me buy the DJM version, and I'll sell the empty box to you for the price I paid.

I'm sure I'm make use of the contents some how ;) I just find in intriguing see the colours. Red Hornby boxes, Dark blue Bachmann, purple and light blue Dapol and... DJM maroon? Brown?

I'm sure I'm make use of the contents some how ;) I just find in intriguing see the colours. Red Hornby boxes, Dark blue Bachmann, purple and light blue Dapol and... DJM maroon? Brown?

Hi,

The DJM boxes are BR loco maroon in colour with gold and black lining, with a schematic of the loco inside on the front outlined in a golden glow.

The Class 71 box lid has a relief map of Kent / Dover behind the loco print.

Some of my headers on this forum do show the 71 box lid artwork, and i think i also put it on the last major Class 71 update a couple of weeks back on here.

HTH

cheers

Dave

Hi,

The DJM boxes are BR loco maroon in colour with gold and black lining, with a schematic of the loco inside on the front outlined in a golden glow.

Some of my headers on this forum do show the 71 box lid artwork, and i think i also put it on the last major Class 71 update a couple of weeks back on here.

HTH

cheers

Dave

A plain cardboard box will do. Any I buy will end up in my compost bin anyway! Forget the packaging and concentrate on getting the contents out faster, so I don't have to wait so long for a Railmotor :jester:.

• Like 2

Hi,

HTH

cheers

Dave

Thanks :) I thought that was just promotional art work. Looks very swish!

I'm more interested in the inserts. Need to be easy to take in and out, sturdy with limited risk of the packaging falling away and dropping the loco

One simple thing Bachman do (but Hornby seem not to) is sellotaping the extras bag to the plastic case. Makes it far less likely you lose the damn thing!

I'm

One simple thing Bachman do (but Hornby seem not to) is sellotaping the extras bag to the plastic case. Makes it far less likely you lose the damn thing!

Bachmann do ? I seem to remember me cello taping all of mine.

• RMweb Premium

Hmmmmmmm, any use to anyone? 

I like the idea. It's bigger than a standard maritime container so will hold more boxes, but it will still take quite a long time to arrive from China. And you'd have to get it there first :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Hmmmmmm,

starting work on those six Hornby examples that I picked up from Ebay just dropped a very long way down the to do list.....

Yes the real thing will just the ticket for my layout room. We can then take it around the country to expos by rail.

A modern model of these would be great too, but not too expensive, as we would want a rake of them.

Yes the real thing will just the ticket for my layout room. We can then take it around the country to expos by rail.

A modern model of these would be great too, but not too expensive, as we would want a rake of them.

On the subject of rakes, I don't often envy N-gaugers but I note that Revolution Trains are planning to produce not only triple packs of the TEA wagons but also a rub down set of data panels to allow simple renumbering of the TOPS versions. That is an excellent idea, especially now that Bachmann seems to be economising by producing re-runs of wagons without re-numbering them.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yes please. Put me down for half a dozen so I can retire my Triang Hornby fleet. never quite got to grips with Ian Rices detailing process. :no:

• 3 weeks later...

Not visited RM for a while and found the debate on who will be first futile. I have put my money on Daves version and am happy with that. Am I woried about H being first? Not at all.

The model will arrive when it arrives. Just looking forward to the day it does, but wishing it would be sooner than later.