N Gauge Class 390 Pendolino (post Kickstarter) with Rapido

Revolution Ben

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

The first working sample of our N Gauge Pendolino has made its debut on Arran Aird's Law Junction, at Model Rail Scotland at the SECC in Glasgow.

post-420-0-60162400-1456489083_thumb.jpeg

The model is running in 9-car mode, and has been sent for us to thoroughly test and de-bug the couplers.

These are working reasonably well, but we will make some modifications to ensure easier operability and greater robustness.

There is a video of the model in operation on our website at www.revolutiontrains.com

post-420-0-05042900-1456489071_thumb.jpeg

This model has been handpainted in Canada too to confirm that the main colours sit correctly on the body. Please note this is not the factory finish, and the model is missing fine markings, numbers and cantrail stripes. The etched pantograph heads are also not yet fitted.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 15

Hello all,

The first working sample of our N Gauge Pendolino has made its debut on Arran Aird's Law Junction, at Model Rail Scotland at the SECC in Glasgow.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

The model is running in 9-car mode, and has been sent for us to thoroughly test and de-bug the couplers.

These are working reasonably well, but we will make some modifications to ensure easier operability and greater robustness.

There is a video of the model in operation on our website at www.revolutiontrains.com

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

This model has been handpainted in Canada too to confirm that the main colours sit correctly on the body. Please note this is not the factory finish, and the model is missing fine markings, numbers and cantrail stripes. The etched pantograph heads are also not yet fitted.

cheers

Ben A.

I would imagine the order book has gone mental today with new orders after people seeing those fab photos and video.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

The model has performed remarkably well all day under intensive test running on a large exhibtion layout, with temperature fluctuations in the hall and occasional operator bungling to contend with!

We will be testing it more extensively over the coming days before sending a report to Rapido detailing any issues. I know I want some slight modifications to the couplings and a few other tweaks.

Here are a few more pics - the model will remain on Law Junction (stand B32) until mid morning on Sunday if you are visiting Model Rail Scotland at the SECC this weekend.

Here are a couple more pics - the light was noticeably different this afternoon:

post-420-0-02332300-1456519599_thumb.jpeg

post-420-0-14762400-1456519642_thumb.jpeg

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 11

I had the pleasure of seeing this at close quarters this afternoon, and it is extremely impressive. It certainly drew many admirers when running through Law Junction.

As Ben has pointed out, there are still some improvements to be made, which will result in the Pendolino being one of the most eye-catching N gauge models there is.

Guest eddie reffin

Very impressed with the model running on Law Junction. Thanks to Ben also for a closer look at the other coach. Looking forward to my pair arriving later in the year.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Another great day running the Pendo on Law Junction. Thanks to all those who came to say hello.

Late this afternoon the model was photographed by the various model railway magazines including BRM, Railway Modeller and Model Rail:

post-420-0-29355400-1456597665_thumb.jpeg

A second day's running has revealed no significant issues beyond the minor alterations we already know about that are needed for the couplers. There will be more testing in the next few days before we send our thoughts and suggestions to Rapido.

Once again I was struck by how good the model looked and how well it operated for a first, untested sample.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2