• RMweb Premium

I got two shiny, new Pecoboo C75 points from that Nudehalfman Neil with three legs and woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, they work like a dream and I DGAF if I have not modified them.

However, now my Gaugemaster Frogbusters are all konking out. What have I done to deserve such torture 'cause it is only a bl##dy train set.

Ar$£

• RMweb Gold

I got two shiny, new Pecoboo C75 points from that Nudehalfman Neil with three legs and woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, they work like a dream and I DGAF if I have not modified them.

However, now my Gaugemaster Frogbusters are all konking out. What have I done to deserve such torture 'cause it is only a bl##dy train set.

Ar$£

Two wires, Ducky....two wires......

There on the stair!

(Where on the stair?)

Right there!

A little mouse with clogs on

Well I declare!

(That took me back.....Junior Choice....)

Rob

Ahhhhhh! I liked "There's a Moose Loose in the Hoose" , probably because I liked Mooses or was confused that it was a Mouse really close up so looking very, very big. 

A. Men

Fill yer boots (Clogs?)

Donald Wheresyertroosers.

Edited by Porcy Mane

• RMweb Gold

The planning continues and I must say I find it quite pleasing to look at the various potential views. I am trying to learn from Sheep Lane and Mutton..A few of the views on both were compromised, Mutton less so but I am hoping to avoid this on Bleat W.

The pub end is just about right and will really contrast with the more industral opposite end of the layout.

Here are a few more images of Bleat.

Rob

post-14122-0-52719000-1529429441_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-45760000-1529429475_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-70946300-1529429529_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

I know you said there'll be no water on Bleat Rob, but wouldn't that front edge of the board look good covered in stone sheet, with a tideline of weed & algae half way or so up the wall ?

Just a thought

Keith

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I know you said there'll be no water on Bleat Rob, but wouldn't that front edge of the board look good covered in stone sheet, with a tideline of weed & algae half way or so up the wall ?

Just a thought

Keith

I like the idea Keith but the angle of the pub suggest a continuation, certainly at that point. However, I think it will work without either the harbour wall or water.

I am more focused on the suggestion of space and how this is achieved. Both Sheep and Mutton have this 'less is more' and I want to continue this with Bleat.

That's why I have been messing about with the buildings. If I were to model the wall then I would not go the whole depth as I feel a 50mm garvour wall is too deep and this would affect this illusion of space. A low wall 'high tide'scenario would be best but I don't want to be adding on bits of wood for water etc..

Here's another photo which I think hint at the 'open feel' I am after.

Rob

post-14122-0-36968000-1529432210_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Bleat Wharf is primarily a S&DJR based layout and as such the main motive power will be ex Midland locos, such as the 3F.

A taster then...

post-14122-0-68907600-1529437408_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-33612800-1529437460_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

You must find room for your black pannier too Rob.

I shall have to see if it will fit between the buildings......they are a bit portly.....

• RMweb Premium

I shall have to see if it will fit between the buildings......they are a bit portly.....

They do come in different sizes. This one's labelled "small" (but is close to the camera)

post-5204-0-62018400-1529480610.jpg

[Photo from Hatton's]

Whereas this one is labelled "XL" (but is further away from the camera)

post-5204-0-09477400-1529480610.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Hi Adrian.

I do like the 1366 and the 94xx. Of the two I am more likely to go for the 1366. Though it has it critics, I think the Danes did a nice job with this one.......NO SPLASHERS!!!!

It would look quite nice shuffling about the place.

However....the next purchase will be track and points to get Bleat going. Had hooed to have it by now but the gimpy knee is still playing up.

Rob

• RMweb Premium

It would look quite nice shuffling about the place.

You know you want to!

Seriously though, the plans are looking great, and whether I can identify the class(es) of loco in use or not will make no difference to the overall scene.

It's interesting to see that you fine-tune the plans with the majority (all?) of the buildings in place. I do that too, as I find I really can't visualise it without. It does mean that I build items I might not find a use for, but they can always wait for the next project.

That shot in post #4703 of the B4 (I think!!) in the far, far distance is very effective.  I can imagine coming across Bleat Wharf in maybe the late 1970's early 1980's when there is still some track in situ, enough to suggest that it had been an interesting place, and then trying to research it through the likes of Bradford Barton albums, Ian Allan pictorials, or if you were really lucky, OPC would have a thin volume on the history of the line, offering a few tantalising images of the line in times past... 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

They do come in different sizes. This one's labelled "small" (but is close to the camera)

attachicon.gif1367.jpg

[Photo from Hatton's]

Whereas this one is labelled "XL" (but is further away from the camera)

attachicon.gif94XX.jpg

Wouldn't want to argue with that big boy. I think I remember members of that class shifting the ES at Paddington? Almost as quick off the mark as a King.....

P

• RMweb Gold

You know you want to!

Seriously though, the plans are looking great, and whether I can identify the class(es) of loco in use or not will make no difference to the overall scene.

It's interesting to see that you fine-tune the plans with the majority (all?) of the buildings in place. I do that too, as I find I really can't visualise it without. It does mean that I build items I might not find a use for, but they can always wait for the next project.

That shot in post #4703 of the B4 (I think!!) in the far, far distance is very effective.  I can imagine coming across Bleat Wharf in maybe the late 1970's early 1980's when there is still some track in situ, enough to suggest that it had been an interesting place, and then trying to research it through the likes of Bradford Barton albums, Ian Allan pictorials, or if you were really lucky, OPC would have a thin volume on the history of the line, offering a few tantalising images of the line in times past...

I know what you mean Adrian. I want to have a quietly run down air to Bleat and as such the suggestion of space is very important to that. Nature taking over, discarded items here and there......plain backscene....a wagon here and there with the Wharf draggibg itself to life with the arrival of a sort goods.

I have reduced the number of buildings and altered how they were positioned as I think doing this in '3D' helps enormously.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

A Pannier fits......though it's a bit snug.....

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi Stubbers. That's about it. I will need to fine tune the clearances once I have the points and track but that will be the general apprarance.

Lovely view mind you. That line had some lovely locations and that is one of them.

• RMweb Gold

Model SCRAP Siding????????? :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :scared:

sorry Rob and Rob. :sungum:

Really, Andy, really! Where are your manners?

Only common people make rude comments about panniers!

They are the perfect locomotive in every respect and for every occasion.

I won't have a word said against them, unless you wish to become better acquainted with a vat of strawberry jelly.

• RMweb Gold

Really, Andy, really! Where are your manners?

Only common people make rude comments about panniers!

They are the perfect locomotive in every respect and for every occasion.

I won't have a word said against them, unless you wish to become better acquainted with a vat of strawberry jelly.

I say the same to people who are nasty towards 3Fs. Dear little chaps that deserve better.

Rob

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I say the same to people who are nasty towards 3Fs. Dear little chaps that deserve better.

Rob

At least no-one never painted the 3F in an awful maroon livery.

Well, apart from the LMS, of course.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

At least no-one never painted the 3F in an awful maroon livery.

Well, apart from the LMS, of course.

Pretty certain the LMS didn't paint them Maroon Stubbers. The preservationists abused them but not the LMS.......they were painted Blue by the LMS though.......

Yum.