• RMweb Gold

Through the bottom of a glass, obviously. Cheers!

Without the beer goggle then Dudders, Old boy..

post-14122-0-65224700-1533743886_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

It's all rather Horrocksford when that happens, isnt it?

Quite. Took a turn for Haverfordwest at one point as well. Damn tricky. All good now though methinks.

• RMweb Gold

I think one of these would go down a storm on here.

attachicon.gifDSCN4119 (2).JPG

Thanks for the offer Rob but I have plenty of wheel barrows.......

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Latest loco to be 'tested' on Bleat is the Pesky Peckett. Such is the short wheelbase that this should show up any sticky bits.

One or two identified them selves but not too bad.

20180811_073715.jpg.b69f29d34e54aaeb9a02cc5a4a72c82e.jpg

I must say I am looking forward to the arrival of a second Peckett in September which will allow Bleat to run as an industrial layout. I mean, I could run Bleat as such with one..........but I am sure it's better with two...

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

This view suggests that Bleat has maintained the minimalist approach which I am after.....

post-14122-0-29829300-1533970027_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Latest loco to be 'tested' on Bleat is the Pesky Peckett. Such is the short wheelbase that this should show up any sticky bits.

I must say I am looking forward to the arrival of a second Peckett in September which will allow Bleat to run as an industrial layout. I mean, I could run Bleat as such with one..........but I am sure it's better with two...

Morning. Have you used the 'new' Pecoboo' BH Unifrog points yet Rob? Would be interesting to see if the SWB loco's like the Peckett perform across those (IMO I think they would.

ATB P

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

(Homer Simpson voice) mmm, industrial.  Internal user wagons.  Even Sentinels.  

But no brake vans.

• RMweb Gold

Bonjour.

As I mentioned earlier, I hope to have a variety of surfaces on Bleat and this is concrete corner. Still a bit to do on it. However, I felt it was time to leave it for now then revisit.....fresh eyes and all that.

Rob.

post-14122-0-49741700-1533989802_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-22518500-1533989821_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-53026800-1533989839_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Please tell how you painted and weathered the concrete. I could do with some tips as I'm about to start weathering the fuel depot and shed area of the Lane.

Hi Alan/Keef,

The base is DAS,built up to rail height and then sanded flat.....ish. It was then painted with Halfords grey primer. I then 'dusted' humbrol acrylic light grey and acrylic dark earth over the top. I then scored it to suggest concrete laid in panels. A mod to this in that having scored it, I now draw a pencil through the slot to colour it.

I then apply Humbrol weathering powders starting with black into the scored line and shading either side on all four sides of the panel. I then use 'smoke' to shade inside of that. Dark earth and sand are applied until it looks right. White is then applied in the centre and this is then blended until you are happy with it.

This is then sealed with a LIGHT dusting of acrylic varnish.

Each panel ends up different and provides the contrast.

Hope this helps!

Rob.

post-14122-0-83132500-1534003288_thumb.jpg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I then 'dusted' humbrol acrylic light grey and acrylic dark earth over the top.

Ah, and there we have an ambiguity right away, Dear Heart.

When you say 'dusted', is this with an airbrush, please?

Or perhaps a large fluffy ordinary brush, the type of which some ladies use for applying make up to their faces or weathering powders to their layouts.

Or was it simply with an ordinary duster (which again, could be of the cloth type - many colours but often yellow - or of the feather type).

You see, there are so many variables, but the one certain fact is that that concrete looks superb and I'd love to know more, please!

I'd even consider loaning you a portion of a toasted teacake for the knowledge and that may or may not be my final or penultimate offer.

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Ah, and there we have an ambiguity right away, Dear Heart.

When you say 'dusted', is this with an airbrush, please?

Or perhaps a large fluffy ordinary brush, the type of which some ladies use for applying make up to their faces or weathering powders to their layouts.

Or was it simply with an ordinary duster (which again, could be of the cloth type - many colours but often yellow - or of the feather type).

You see, there are so many variables, but the one certain fact is that that concrete looks superb and I'd love to know more, please!

I'd even consider loaning you a portion of a toasted teacake for the knowledge and that may or may not be my final or penultimate offer.

Ah! Mange tout !

Dusted in the sense of an arms length application from a rattly can.......no air brushes were harmed during the making of this concrete( pseudo)

I thank you..

• RMweb Gold

It's going to look even better in a few weeks when the weeds start appearing in the cracks.  You see, it is so realistic that I believe that weeds are going to really grow between the cracks.

About 30 years ago, a member of Cardiff 4mm Group exhibited a very fine layout of Narberth; when I actually went there on a real train a little while later I was a bit disorientated to not see his fiddle yard in the tunnel...

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 1