• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

It remains to be seen how the exhibition circuit kicks off again but Bleat is scheduled to be at RailEx Taunton this October. 

And there but for the grace of god, go I. :)

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Rob, having seen your inspirational photo of the loco above the creek, can I suggest you add 5mm of foamboard ( or even 2 x 5mm) under the track bed & buildings, to give you the same scenic option?

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

What's new?

It has been ascertained,  after considerable consideration of course, that things are not strange here but rather it is everybody else that is a bit strange and we are in fact perfectly normal.

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

Rob, having seen your inspirational photo of the loco above the creek, can I suggest you add 5mm of foamboard ( or even 2 x 5mm) under the track bed & buildings, to give you the same scenic option?

Morning Stu,

You're not wrong. Having given this a bit of thought, I don't really want a huge difference in the height of any 'riverbank'. Therefore, the trackbed will be some 10mm above water level. DAS will then be used to bring the ground level up to the top of the sleepers. 

Rob. 

• Like 7

Looking good, and in just four feet! I'm ferreting this away for future consultation/inspiration albeit flipped (so the entrance is from the left). The photo of the J15 above the pond - well, I simply thought it was an earlier diorama you'd produced! All grist to the mill...

Thank you, too, for the DM/email, Rob

Steve S

• RMweb Gold

It's quite likely that I have missed something, as I was probably indulging in some mental pontificating about the meaning of Art or spending more time in the bath, but is that a bed that I see under the new baseboard, Rob?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

It's quite likely that I have missed something, as I was probably indulging in some mental pontificating about the meaning of Art or spending more time in the bath, but is that a bed that I see under the new baseboard, Rob?

Evening Mon  Capitaine. 

'Tis indeed. The Room of Doom is in fact the spare room and out of necessity houses a bed. 

At a bijou 8ft x 8ft it's taken some creativity to maintain purpose, house 3 x Cameoesque layouts along with a modelling desk. 

All, including Project X when completed, will able to be played with as the fancy takes. 

Rob. 

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

Quite possible to take a nap if a weathering session or operating session proves somewhat tiring. 

The Works ForeCat tends not to pop in too much. However, the Apprentice Deputy Chief Forecat does and will nod off if not distracted.....which does happen.......a lot. 

• Like 9

Layout looking good. But my eye was distracted by the familiar spines on that book shelf. it reminds me of Saturday morning comic collection and Christmas day when The Victor annual arrived with that years Blue Peter offering.

Looking forward to watching Project X progress. A very Victor name choice btw @NHY 581 :good_mini:.

John

• Like 3

Now that's a title I haven't heard of in years. I remember the news articles when I was a kid (Particularly an article on the children's news show Newsround.) about a campaign to ban comics like Victor, Battle and Warlord on the grounds that they glorified war, encouraged violence and outdated imperialist attitudes.

Strange that, now that they are gone, has youth violence and tribalism gone up or down?

Answers on a postcard to the usual address and you might get a Blue Peter badge.

• Like 3
  • Agree 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

Yah boo sucks, I've got a silver one.

So there.

Were you one of those children who got invited onto the show? 

In the words of Wayne's World, 

"We are not worthy!"

They didn't hand those out to we scruffy Herberts with oily patched jeans and rural black country accents and if they had you wouldn't display it on your school blazer.

If you did the other pupils would call you a swot and utterly bash you up...:D

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

Were you one of those children who got invited onto the show? 

In the words of Wayne's World, 

"We are not worthy!"

They didn't hand those out to we scruffy Herberts with oily patched jeans and rural black country accents and if they had you wouldn't display it on your school blazer.

If you did the other pupils would call you a swot and utterly bash you up...:D

No, I wrote a letter in my best handwriting full of information about the "Rheingold Express", shamelessly plagiarised from, I think, a Locospotters' Annual. I never went on the show although I once went to a recording of the Basil Brush show at the Golders Green Hippodrome.

• Like 7

Nicely done, my younger sister received one of the regular white badges but I'll be damned if I can remember what for.

As for Basil Brush, I'm really quite envious that you got to see him way back, the revived version is somewhat watered down and less comically rude, mores the pity.

We never did get to find out the true identity of dirty Gertie from number thirty.

• Like 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

As we seem to now be name-dropping small characters, I was once humiliated by Ronnie Corbett on stage at the Manchester Palace Theatre after going up on stage during a pantomime. He asked had I come along with my parents, and I replied, "No, I came with my Graaawnd-maa" and he took the piss out of my "posh" way of saying "Grandma". It was humiliating hearing 1000+ people laughing at me, and put me off speaking out loud in front of an audience for years.

Hard life lesson for a 26 year old! :laugh_mini2:

Steve S

Whoops! Random unwanted "2"!!!

Edited by SteveyDee68
Spotted typo!!
  • Friendly/supportive 11

1 minute ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening all. 

A bit of a nothing day today therefore little by way of a meaningful update. 

A couple of lightweight jobs were attempted but it rapidly became evident that Cack, Lord God of Mayhem and Chaos had visited himself upon me. 

The warning was heeded and having narrowly missed making a horse's arse of the seemingly simple task I was attempting, I decided deferment to another day was the wiser course of action. 

That said, the trains did come out to play. Even that was fraught with danger when one of the wires from the Combi snapped. Once repairs were effected then normal service resumed with me safe in the knowledge that my earlier decision was correct. 

If nothing else, here is a glimpse of Project X in diesel mode......

20210808_184123-01.jpeg.fd4701bdb827adab7baba7364e6f8ed4.jpeg

20210808_184102-01.jpeg.d4d563783c00994565719f52cf46b278.jpeg

20210808_183746-01.jpeg.dee29bb6a3d329beb2f43f0d0ceef209.jpeg

20210808_183911.jpg.675121bc0064dc0eb9c743bb9093d234.jpg

Right brake van, can we have a loco to match please?

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening all. 

A bit of a nothing day today therefore little by way of a meaningful update. 

A couple of lightweight jobs were attempted but it rapidly became evident that Cack, Lord God of Mayhem and Chaos had visited himself upon me. 

The warning was heeded and having narrowly missed making a horse's arse of the seemingly simple task I was attempting, I decided deferment to another day was the wiser course of action. 

That said, the trains did come out to play. Even that was fraught with danger when one of the wires from the Combi snapped. Once repairs were effected then normal service resumed with me safe in the knowledge that my earlier decision was correct. 

If nothing else, here is a glimpse of Project X in diesel mode......

20210808_184123-01.jpeg.fd4701bdb827adab7baba7364e6f8ed4.jpeg

20210808_184102-01.jpeg.d4d563783c00994565719f52cf46b278.jpeg

20210808_183746-01.jpeg.dee29bb6a3d329beb2f43f0d0ceef209.jpeg

20210808_183911.jpg.675121bc0064dc0eb9c743bb9093d234.jpg

Ignore the critics Rob - looks good....diesel or not....I think Rule 1a (Annex VIII) will cover it...

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 08/08/2021 at 18:56, durham light infantry said:

Right brake van, can we have a loco to match please?

Well, you say that, Mike......okay so it's not a skirted jobbie (04)......

But........

20210808_190730-01.jpeg.e561d0749f596f6a3ee24ac30a1d7410.jpeg

Photo from the Lillian Ream Exhibition Gallery via Middleton Press....

Edited by NHY 581
Chainsaw
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

Diesel! did you just say DIESEL!!

FLEE! The end of the world is nigh!

Al.

Yep. 

It's the quivalent to Dylan going electric, man. Yeah baby !

Edited by NHY 581
Hip phrase added for context, daddio.
  • Like 2
  • Funny 6