• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

A bbq bamboo skewer works quite well too if you just run the pointy bit over some coarse sandpaper to rough the end up a bit. Poke it in the knuckle and twizzle it round and they are a fair bit cheaper and easier to come by than the kadee plastic version. 

Also plastic knitting needles or the handles from cheap kiddies paint brushes.

John

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
On 17/12/2021 at 10:03, Dunsignalling said:

Also plastic knitting needles or the handles from cheap kiddies paint brushes.

John

These have very stiff nylon bristles, and are useless for painting with, but excellent for sweeping out your flangeways.  

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Have a Kool Yule, Rob, from the desolate wastes of Stacey Road and the sheep-infested mountain fastnesses of Cwmdimbath...  I'm not participating so much in 'Chronicles' deze daze as I am trying to limit the time I spend on RMWeb, which is interfering with the modelling and p*sses off The Squeeze, but good to hear you are thriving despite the virus and the Diabetes.  He was one of those ancient Greek types, wasn't he, along with Vehcles and Evelopes, Phidippides and his brother, Phidippidose...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, JustinDean said:

That’s quite superb Rob. 

Jay

Thanks Jay. 

A few bits to finish off but I'm quite pleased with things as they are. 

Rob. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Alister_G said:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Rob, look forward to seeing you at SWAG if not before.

Al.

Morning Al, 

Thank you and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you.

I'm looking forward to SWAG. It will be good to catch up. Was it not the show in Staffs when we last spoke ? 2019 when I had Mutton there or am I going bonkers.......again.

Rob. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning Al, 

Thank you and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you.

I'm looking forward to SWAG. It will be good to catch up. Was it not the show in Staffs when we last spoke ? 2019 when I had Mutton there or am I going bonkers.......again.

Rob. 

Yes that's right it was. A long time ago, now!

Al.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

That wagon looks good, but.....

where the newer planks are I'd expect to also see newer boltheads.

Just sayin'.

Oh, and a Merry Xmas to you and yours, hope Tom gets his start date sorted soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year to you and your family Rob, excellent modelling skills always on show in your thread here.

I don’t know how you find time to read all the replies here never mind reply to many! I had to drop to one notification a day otherwise my emails go mental! Great stuff here though always good humoured and supportive.

You intending to go to Edington? We may be in lockdown so maybe not!

Cheers

Ade

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, AdeMoore said:

Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year to you and your family Rob, excellent modelling skills always on show in your thread here.

I don’t know how you find time to read all the replies here never mind reply to many! I had to drop to one notification a day otherwise my emails go mental! Great stuff here though always good humoured and supportive.

You intending to go to Edington? We may be in lockdown so maybe not!

Cheers

Ade

Ade - according to UK Model shops site the show is off due to Covid - great shame - its an annual post holiday treat for me.

Chris

https://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/event/22878-SomersetandDorsetRailwayTrust_Exhibitio

• Thanks 1