• RMweb Gold

Hi Rob,

If it's not possible to get the glazing out without damage, you could apply some Humbrol Maskol to them before spraying. If you're not familiar with this it's a liquid masking solution which just peels away when dry.

http://www.humbrol.com/uk-en/maskol-28ml-bottle.html

Hope that helps.

Happy New Year by the way and will look forward to seeing Sheep Lane at the show.

Thank you, Wayne. I will try Maskol, sounds just the job.

I have been dabbling with the lamps this afternoon and have decided to plant one here.

Norman was on hand to record the occasion in his own inimitable fashion.

Rob.

post-14122-0-15614500-1483291955_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-45688100-1483292007_thumb.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 14

HI Rob,

Absolutely cracking lamps and dare I say "so simple" yet extremely effective, nice work ! (They look far nicer than the off the shelf types I've seen )

HNY to you too  :locomotive:

Grahame

Edited by bgman
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Here's one of my early scratch built efforts....

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_5e9.jpeg

Made from brass tube and some oddments out of the scrap box.

G

Now that is proper craftsmanship. Bloody good show!

post-14122-0-66931700-1483294433.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

post-14122-0-45688100-1483292007_thumb.j

Wow, Rob. Don't want to sound melodramatic but it seems to me that you're developing a whole new visual style. I can't remember seeing anything quite like this before. Chris Nevard's models and photography have a bit of the same, but still this seems pretty unique. Great stuff!

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Once again,Mikkel, thank you. Chris Nevard is a great modeller,an artist in his own field and one whose work is the source of much inspiration to me.

If that inspiration is reflected in my more modest efforts then I am more than happy. If what I am producing entertains or inspires others then that is a very pleasing side effect of me simply having a bit of fun playing trains!

Thank you, once again

Rob

• Like 2

Thank you, Wayne. I will try Maskol, sounds just the job.

I have been dabbling with the lamps this afternoon and have decided to plant one here.

Rob.

The weathering on that little shed/ hut is fantastic- did I miss where you described how you did it?

• RMweb Gold

The weathering on that little shed/ hut is fantastic- did I miss where you described how you did it?

Thank you, SP.

Post 788 on....

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/94613-western-diversion/page-32?

Rob

• RMweb Gold

Evening all.

Can anyone give me height from rail top to the middle of the loading gauge? ( A-B)

I am in the process of finishing my cobbled together jobbie and once finished I do not want to install it too high.....or too low for that matter.

Any indication would be much appreciated.

Norman sends his regards and provides another image of the Pesky Peckett worrying a few mixed opens...

post-14122-0-82981800-1483650561_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-11290100-1483650589_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Are we in some sorta parallel universe here ? :)

post-20303-0-92703100-1483652055_thumb.jpeg

post-20303-0-82582800-1483652085_thumb.jpeg

I found this I'd made ( dated May '97 on the base ! ) when I was having a sort out yesterday.

This new year sort out is becoming interesting.

Yours

R.Umage

• Like 4

Evening all.

Can anyone give me height from rail top to the middle of the loading gauge? ( A-B)

I am in the process of finishing my cobbled together jobbie and once finished I do not want to install it too high.....or too low for that matter.

Any indication would be much appreciated.

Norman sends his regards and provides another image of the Pesky Peckett worrying a few mixed opens...

Has Norman been polishing that Peckett? - it looks cleaner than a clean thing that someone's attacked with Brasso

• RMweb Gold

Has Norman been polishing that Peckett? - it looks cleaner than a clean thing that someone's attacked with Brasso

Ah! You noticed.

The Peckett stands out courtesy of a good buffing from the B.R.E.A.S.Ts , better known as the Bath Railway Enthusiasts and Sylvan Travel Society.

Always keen to get the B.R.E.A.S.T.S out, Norman arranged for a good sized portion to give the Peckett a good seeing to. Certainly put a nice shine on the dome as we can see from the way it glints so.

Rob.

Ah! You noticed.

The Peckett stands out courtesy of a good buffing from the B.R.E.A.S.Ts , better known as the Bath Railway Enthusiasts and Sylvan Travel Society.

Always keen to get the B.R.E.A.S.T.S out, Norman arranged for a good sized portion to give the Peckett a good seeing to. Certainly put a nice shine on the dome as we can see from the way it glints so.

Rob.

It seems I need to get the B.R.E.A.S.T.S round to my place to polish my dome - I do have rather a nice castle....

Edit: the weathering on those mineral wagons is superb

Edited by sp1

• RMweb Gold

I might have some baked beans for my tea tonight.

On the other hand, I might have some boiled eggs.

Can't decide at the moment.

I had baked beans for brunch today, steak casserole tonight (and a bacon butty at the Maidenhead show tomorrow if there's any bacon left by the time we get there).

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Oh flippin' yes.........!!!!!!!!!!!

Best ever. I am genuinely knocked out by this. A long time favourite of mine and essential to the branch. Really I am excited beyond belief. Bloody super smashing news !!!!

Norman is having extra sausage this morning.....

Very happy Rob.

post-14122-0-95928700-1483873346.jpg

post-14122-0-51240100-1483873376_thumb.jpg

• Like 5