• RMweb Gold

After a considerable leave of absence, Norman has popped into Sheep Lane and provides us with a lovely elevated view of a couple of visiting Bagnalls.

Work continues apace for Sheep Lane's first exhibition with details being added.......Norman provides a

glimpse of the loading gauge hitherto missing from Norman's photos..

post-14122-0-83203300-1484440574_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-75654600-1484440819_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

I am amazed that Norman managed to miss this loading gauge in all his previous visits

His excuse is it appeared overnight......

He is making up for it now though.

A quiet Sunday afternoon at Sheep Lane....

Rob.

post-14122-0-29089700-1484484714_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Would the loading gauge be positioned in the middle of the loading area, or on t'other side of the track, out of the way ?

I must admit I wasn't entirely sure, Stubbers, Old Fruit Bat. I should have refered to some photos first methinks !!

post-14122-0-89036700-1484492093_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-03490500-1484492130_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Nice views, the loading gauge adds nicely to the scene. I hadn't thought about its initial position, but it does look more natural in its new place. Mr Stubby is a smart man!

The uncoupler reminds me it's time to see the dentist.

• RMweb Premium

Nice views, the loading gauge adds nicely to the scene. I hadn't thought about its initial position, but it does look more natural in its new place. Mr Stubby is a smart man!

The uncoupler reminds me it's time to see the dentist.

Actually that is a damn fine idea. I shall speak to the Dental practice to see what happens to their redundant equipment (I was going to say old tools but decided against that as CK would make a comment............................................. :rtfm:

• Like 3

I must admit I wasn't entirely sure, Stubbers, Old Fruit Bat. I should have refered to some photos first methinks !!

The bottom picture of a siding off the main line with a loading gauge to a corrugated hut and a couple of wagons, sums up a good railway scene in one photo.

Brian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The bottom picture of a siding off the main line with a loading gauge to a corrugated hut and a couple of wagons, sums up a good railway scene in one photo.

Brian.

But what traffic does that box van convey?

Is it a load of 1960s vintage Whirlpool Surg-o-matic washing machines, that have been temporarily shunted aside due to a hot box en-route from a factory in the Midlands to a show room in Surrey?

Could it be a consignment of distributor caps for the Humber Super Snipe, en-route to a dealership in Barnstaple?

Or perhaps an order of circular occasional tables, en-route for a sales stand at the Ideal Home Exhibition?

Who can tell us the answer to this conundrum?

• RMweb Gold

But what traffic does that box van convey?

Is it a load of 1960s vintage Whirlpool Surg-o-matic washing machines, that have been temporarily shunted aside due to a hot box en-route from a factory in the Midlands to a show room in Surrey?

Could it be a consignment of distributor caps for the Humber Super Snipe, en-route to a dealership in Barnstaple?

Or perhaps an order of circular occasional tables, en-route for a sales stand at the Ideal Home Exhibition?

Who can tell us the answer to this conundrum?

The wagon label - oh, oops.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Norman has provided us with a rather nice view today.

A Bagnall takes a snooze whilst Driver Arnold Ridley and passed cleaner Ian Lavender grab a cuppa.

post-14122-0-65752300-1484747328_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Norman has provided us with a rather nice view today.

A Bagnall takes a snooze whilst Driver Arnold Ridley and passed cleaner Ian Lavender grab a cuppa.

Here's a useless piece  of info:

Arnold Ridley wrote the play "The Ghost Train".

Dave