Ellesmere North (W.Region 1957)

coachmann

• RMweb Gold

My Windows 10 laptop kept freezing last night then a few minutes later would be fine. When I came to shut down I got one of those "Windows is configuring...." messages, so perhaps we were being plagued by updates. Now MS tries to get us to do automatically, all machines that are switched on probably try to do it at the same time, thus overloading their site and slowing the net down.

Edit for predictive text typos. 

I have been requested by coachmann (and reluctantly agreed) to post the whole of my rather crappy image of the Oswestry to Gobowen line as it shows a farm crossing which he might consider incorporating into his open section of line.

post-14569-0-81045600-1445026918.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Back to railways it seems to be signal box week at the moment, I've been filling my 2 up with 3 sets of Wills lever kits and Dart casting figures I'd post photo's if I could down load some.

Re signal boxes, I can't remember if it was on this thread or somewhere else that the topic of the Hornby/Fordhampton one came up. It's based on Dunster as far as I know and many years ago I scratchbuilt a model of the same box using the Ericplans drawings. I've got used to people saying how nice my Hornby model looks...

post-21039-0-86198800-1445032024_thumb.jpg

The interior is detailed withi a mixture of Springside and Wills bits.

post-21039-0-40898200-1445032052_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Stu please keep us updated with windows 10 I hear you are the Bee's Knee's with these things :gamer: , there is a free update available and don't want to end up with this one cream crackered if the update is pants.

No idea where you heard that - I had to get my 16 yo son to sort things out !

However, it's on, profile reset to use the right one as default, it does seem to load itself and programs quicker. If you've been used to Windows 8, you'll be familiar with the concept of the start menu - quite a few square blocks with either live feeds or icons for apps in. These can be swapped around, removed, or others added as you see fit.  I've tweaked the weather one to show Truro, rather than London.

Most of the previous set of programs are migrated to the new system, but I notice that Spider Solitaire and Minesweeper are missing. (I had a run of 195 games without a win on the 2 card version...).

• RMweb Premium

Looks interesting, my old PC was windows 7 the new one windows 8 so I'm getting use to that at the moment, anyway back to signal boxes my two are the new Kernow one and the Blue Anchor one both cast resin to put up with the damp garage where the layout lives both being fitted out with the Wills kits I will be trying to match all the levers to points, locks and signals which hopefully match the point rodding as well,  it should work out OK as a plan has been drawn up to make sure everything is present as per Station Master Mikes wonderful lecture on a working signal box. 

The levers in my second photo in post #1326 are correct for the current St Enodoc layout. However, when it is incorporated into the new Mid-Cornwall Lines it will have double track at the Up end (like the real Bugle) instead of single. That means that lever 7 will become spare instead of an FPL. I don't think I will bother repainting it though...

If I use Windows will I be able to create curtains and blinds?

Sincerely, 

A. Pane.

Can we have the curtains with Apple trees on them please, they seem to last longer especially when the Windows freeze up !

Oh no ..... Ellesmere will be gone the next time he posts.  Network SouthEast next?

Whatever it is it will no doubt provide entertainment to those with rather more limited skills.

(I'm tempted to say "no RMweb topic would be complete without the inevitable smart arse remark" but that might be considered rather impolite, so I won't)

• RMweb Gold

In the middle of reading the posts about computer problems mine (windows 8 ) suddenly had an exception error and re-booted. Did it take exception to what I was reading?

Don

• RMweb Premium

My PC is in the same state. I deffo reckon we have been invaded, possibly through this thread as so many of us are 'suffering' or was it just the recent (so called?) updates. How the he## does one see if there is a virus in the machine?

Phil 

I decided to reset my machine to a week ago, before the last windows update! The machine/system wouldn't allow me to do this.............now I'm concerned.

Phil 

No idea where you heard that - I had to get my 16 yo son to sort things out !

However, it's on, profile reset to use the right one as default, it does seem to load itself and programs quicker. If you've been used to Windows 8, you'll be familiar with the concept of the start menu - quite a few square blocks with either live feeds or icons for apps in. These can be swapped around, removed, or others added as you see fit.  I've tweaked the weather one to show Truro, rather than London.

Most of the previous set of programs are migrated to the new system, but I notice that Spider Solitaire and Minesweeper are missing. (I had a run of 195 games without a win on the 2 card version...).

Spider solitaire is 'Microsoft Solitaire Collection' or something with a similar name, but you have to download minesweeper from the store. I was angry that it installs Candy Crush automatically...

Any more nonsense with losing the plot Microsoft I'll be off to buy a Whisky  Apple Mac thingy and an apple I phone it took me an hour to get photo's down loaded off the windows phone to the new windows 8 PC never needed effing apps in the old days.  :threaten:

I have mine set to upload photographs to Onedrive automatically and then retrieve them from there when on the computer. 

• RMweb Gold

Ah, is it post pictures of half finished coaches day?

Here's what is currently on my workbench:

Comet B set.

post-6916-0-15690000-1445952299_thumb.jpg

Revamp of an old BSL Collett BCK

post-6916-0-86650400-1445952408_thumb.jpg

I have an idea, shall we all post pics of coaches we are building so that he feels really secure when he returns?

Phil

Not a good idea, he will certainly get a feeling when he returns but I don't think it will be "really secure"

I can do that.

PSMT Coach; from Bass wood , 1:35 scale

Very interesting although I fail to see the connection between an Indian monorail system and a W.Region branch line on the Welsh Borders.

Get out of bed the wrong side today did we?. 

No, just talking SENSE

If a member is incommunicado and unable to respond personally to other members comments it would be good manners for other members not to add further comment until he is back on line.  In particular they should not be using his topic to discuss matters which have no relation to the original subject. 

Archived