Taunton Members Day April 2010

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

The event will be held on Sunday 25th April 2010 in Staplegrove Village Hall, Taunton, Somerset. The event will start at 1000 and finish at 1600. This event is being organised by myself and the small 'unofficial committee' of fellow SWAGgers. The event is also fully endorsed by Andy York.

Although this Members Day is being organised by SWAG, it is of course open to all members of RMWeb. We do hope that as many as possible will be able to attend.

This event will NOT be open to the general public and will not be advertised in that way. It is, therefore, solely for members of RMWeb, partners and any personal guests. As usual, there will be no admission charge, but we will be selling a small range 'hot & cold snacks and light refreshments' and any modest profits arising from this will go to cover the costs of staging the event.

Staplegrove is a suburb of Taunton and the village hall is a modern and well-equipped building. It is located on the main road out of Taunton towards Norton Fitzwarren and Minehead. It is on a bus route and is approx 1?? miles from Taunton railway station. There is a limited number of parking spaces at the hall, but the nearby local roads don't have any parking restrictions.

Staplegrove village hall:

post-57-12578713191026_thumb.jpg

Some scenes from the very enjoyable 2009 event:

post-57-12578717219971_thumb.jpg

post-57-12578717331057_thumb.jpg

post-57-12578717459232_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

I am creating this new thread to remind everyone of the Taunton Members Day taking place on Sunday 25th April 2010 (and also to prove that I can create a thread in the new place!). I'll transfer information over in due course.

Hi Tim

It's in my diary and looking forward to it immensely already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Looking forward to it, after having to miss it last year definitely dont want to miss another one.

If your still looking for exhibits, wouldnt mind bringing along 8ft of bodmin. show off a few locos and some P4 flatbottom trackwork.

We'll speak off-line, thanks for the offer!

Thanks Tim, I know you mentioned it at our last meeting, but it helps to have the rapidly decomposing grey matter given a kick!Only one thought, why has nobody mentioned pasties? Best wishes, Tim C.

Thats probably because Mr Alder hasn't seen this thread yet......Oh no that was cheesecake wasn't it. :lol: :lol:

Actually CK, any thoughts on what you want us to brign this time???? I seem to recall from the depths of my mind, and believe me its deep, that we discussed Hedges Hill Cutting??? or was I dreaming???

Regards

Neal.

• RMweb Gold

I am creating this new thread to remind everyone of the Taunton Members Day taking place on Sunday 25th April 2010 (and also to prove that I can create a thread in the new place!). I'll transfer information over in due course.

Where is this August ( as in splended) event scheduled to take place.

Thats probably because Mr Alder hasn't seen this thread yet......Oh no that was cheesecake wasn't it. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Actually CK, any thoughts on what you want us to brign this time???? I seem to recall from the depths of my mind, and believe me its deep, that we discussed Hedges Hill Cutting??? or was I dreaming???

Regards

Neal.

Indeed it was a cheap from work guest supply of cheesecake that was proposed for negotiations. Of course pasties are muchly in anticipation too laugh.gif

I seem to remember Hedges Hill coming up in conversation with the good Cap'n, Neal, so it isn't just you! Of course it's nice and small, easy to fit into a gap in the floor plan [hint, hint]smile.gif

cheers

jo

• RMweb Gold

Still hoping a space will be found for Wheal Tiny... although it is considerably bigger than the layout I brought last year, it does still fit on the ironing board.

Stu

Would be nice to see it you there with it Stu. I am hoping to be there space permiting with Fisherton Sarum

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've confirmed Fisherton Sarum with Graham today, and did the same with Hedges Hill Cutting at the Cheltenham show a couple of weeks ago with Neal. I'll be in touch with everyone else soon! (got to get on with it, the booking confirmation paperwork finally arrived today!)...

Same place that I didn't get into last year because someone else had booked before me!!! :lol:

Those Lands End - John O Groats (LeJog) Charity cyclist, amongst others.....

I've managed to book in again this year, close to the pub. :rolleyes:

No layout to bring, but could do a display of rolling stock - Vertical shelves, about a 4' x 6" footprint.

Penlan

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Captain Sir, do you have room for (or wish to invite) Wheal Tiny, and / or Polbraze ?

Many thanks

Stu (keeping a watch over not a lot, really)

Those Lands End - John O Groats (LeJog) Charity cyclist, amongst others.....

I've managed to book in again this year, close to the pub. :rolleyes:

No layout to bring, but could do a display of rolling stock - Vertical shelves, about a 4' x 6" footprint.

Penlan

Gents - PMs sent! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived