Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

Well, isn't this a little beauty!

693811387_revolutiontrainsngaugeclass321a.jpg.620e10141441aa72c37a553bccffea8d.jpg

Quick first impressions are that it's excellent, and a quick run up and down suggests lovely smooth running qualities with some very nice lighting. Super stuff! There's a closer look here

Tom. 

Edited by TomE
  • Like 8

Mine arrived this morning, Nice little model especially like the interior lighting, though it doesn't seem too happy on my Peco 2nd radius track, has a tendency to derail on it, not sure if it’s only R3 and above, otherwise quiet and smooth.8667FAE6-C2E8-4730-8A97-45BC8F51BCBE.jpeg.c974395fc09c7579ee6c82019ffd4556.jpeg

Another great model from revolution, can’t wait for the 314. 

Edited by Jack079
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Jack079 said:

Mine arrived this morning, Nice little model especially like the interior lighting, though it doesn't seem too happy on my Peco 2nd radius track, has a tendency to derail on it, not sure if it’s only R3 and above, otherwise quiet and smooth.8667FAE6-C2E8-4730-8A97-45BC8F51BCBE.jpeg.c974395fc09c7579ee6c82019ffd4556.jpeg

Another great model from revolution, can’t wait for the 314. 

Hi Jack,

2nd radius curves are toward the lower limit, but it should be OK.  Assuming you've given it a good running in to loosen up the couplers/wires/pivots etc then it may be worth checking if anything is impeding lateral movement of the couplers, or stopping the bogies from rotating freely.

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Premium
On 14/02/2022 at 21:56, VXDH92 said:

These look amazing! Another opportunity for me to plug for an OO gauge one! Well, several :P

Seconded. Had many a cab ride in these between Euston and New Street. NSE and Silverlink would be good, hint hint. 

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, black and decker boy said:

Pretty please, can you upscale these to 00, pleeeeease.

For chrissake, can we not get our N gauge ones first?

I've not seen any pics of the NSE ones, and I've not been asked for the balance of payment for my order, so does that mean they've not yet arrived (appreciating it's MRS this weekend)?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My Model rail Scotland 320 arrived by private courier today and is excellent, the manual makes a good read  and I look forward to testing. 

The manual does helpfully suggest checking bogie swing and cable tightness - but of course who reads the manual... 

A bit soon I guess but hopefully the lovely BSI on NEM mount will be a bagged spares sales .  I look forward to buying a 4 car set to power the 3D print 325 so might have some bodies later on ... or a dummy 456?

Brilliant choice and chassis opens up lots of other prototypes - 150001 or perhaps a dalliance with Irish 450... to join in the IRM cross the seas developments.

Thanks to the design team and the Chinese workforce who have taken a kit and made us an rtr model.  

Robert   

17 minutes ago, grahame said:

I've not seen any pics of the NSE ones, and I've not been asked for the balance of payment for my order, so does that mean they've not yet arrived (appreciating it's MRS this weekend)?

Batch 2 is due soon, it will have the NSE and Silverlink ones in it.

David

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

6 hours ago, grahame said:

4 hours ago, porkie said:

David.

I'm waiting for the NSE and unbranded version when they arrive as well.

You are not the only one. I've not been asked for the balance for my NSE (or silverlink) ones either if it helps. Looking forward to them. 

What you are planning for your unbranded version Porkie? I was watching the cracking YouTube videos you sent me a link to a while back and it jogged my memory back to the plane white 'make the link' livery (link to a photo below). Wish I had remembered this livery during the pre order stage, would be a very unique model without too much effort (assuming someone was willing to provide the transfers). 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwbphotos/27142076509/in/photolist-HmseJn-2mSDb6W-2mQ2sEG-2mSptba-CBiSE5-2mSHKgg-2mSyv4n-2mX98uL-2mSpyvJ-R8tn5t-2mSJCDr-2mSJmPR-2mSHKrb-2mSueLA-2mSGXG8-2mSGZP3-2mSYa7T-2mSJAer-2mSCV39-2mSqZVz-2mSwStG-2keSXTm-2mFTKSs-2ke4jjX-2mSwsho-2mFQqLA-2mFTKUw-QJNiZu-2kyaBBH-2kdPsCV-2mQnhq5-2mFUmCr-2ke4KdL-PGZjHV-2mSJAK1-2kxxnSR-2mSH8je-2mSuf3x-2mSKRtZ-2mSxhwr-2mSyh1b-2mSvehR-2mSyFwc-2mStLKu-2mSyaNz-2mSJnZS-2mSHNKR-2mSGvxV-2mSqaJz-2mSty6o

• Informative/Useful 1

Hi Gang,

Just been running my Carmine & Cream 320 picked up at Glasgow.
Ran sweetly from the box in one direction, but running in the other, it was almost as if it was running on 4 out of 5 poles on the commutator. Very noticeable when slow, but better at speed, so I decided to let it run for a while at about half. A drop of oil on the gears and some more running seems to have bedded it in to a much better degree. It has been running both ways for a couple of hours each now and seems to have settled down nicely.

Now it is having a rest whilst I enjoy my Sunday roast and will give it another test later to see if it has reverted back to stuttery or if the running in has been worth it.

Later,

Stu from EGVN.

Edited by Stu from EGDL
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DavidMcKenzie said:

You are not the only one. I've not been asked for the balance for my NSE (or silverlink) ones either if it helps. Looking forward to them. 

What you are planning for your unbranded version Porkie? I was watching the cracking YouTube videos you sent me a link to a while back and it jogged my memory back to the plane white 'make the link' livery (link to a photo below). Wish I had remembered this livery during the pre order stage, would be a very unique model without too much effort (assuming someone was willing to provide the transfers). 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwbphotos/27142076509/in/photolist-HmseJn-2mSDb6W-2mQ2sEG-2mSptba-CBiSE5-2mSHKgg-2mSyv4n-2mX98uL-2mSpyvJ-R8tn5t-2mSJCDr-2mSJmPR-2mSHKrb-2mSueLA-2mSGXG8-2mSGZP3-2mSYa7T-2mSJAer-2mSCV39-2mSqZVz-2mSwStG-2keSXTm-2mFTKSs-2ke4jjX-2mSwsho-2mFQqLA-2mFTKUw-QJNiZu-2kyaBBH-2kdPsCV-2mQnhq5-2mFUmCr-2ke4KdL-PGZjHV-2mSJAK1-2kxxnSR-2mSH8je-2mSuf3x-2mSKRtZ-2mSxhwr-2mSyh1b-2mSvehR-2mSyFwc-2mStLKu-2mSyaNz-2mSJnZS-2mSHNKR-2mSGvxV-2mSqaJz-2mSty6o

David,

I was planning on keeping it unbranded. I've seen a few videos over the years. Even up as far as Crewe. Although I think they were on test at the time.

Phil

Edited by porkie
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Technically your contract is with the retailer so especially with a brand new product they are pretty much legally required to assist.

However, for simplicity some manufacturers do prefer you deal directly with them to resolve issues. Doesn't the manual have a support section advising of who to contact?

• Agree 1

I would try contacting RevolutioN. If they want you to go via your retailer, they will probably tell you so at that point. If you get in touch with the retailer, they will probably just send it back to RevolutioN anyway. This way offers the potential to cut out the middle-man.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Stu from EGDL said:

Hi to the 2 guys above,

Thanks gents, and your differing posts confirm the clarification I need whether to deal with Revolution support or MRS. I'm hoping someone will be along with definate gen shortly.

Later, 

Stu from EGVN.

Sorry for your issues Stu

As I believe this was a special edition sold at Model Rail Scotland by AMRSS they may not have the ability to help you (unless they retained some for failures) . I think you probably need a dual approach , contact AMRSS ,who legally your contract would be with .  Presumably contact details will be in program if you were at Model Rail Scotland . But I would also private message Revolution Ben  on here in case he can help  as  Ben Ando is Director of Revolution . I'm sure he will be helpful , if only to give you the correct person to talk to in AMRSS.