Judith Edge kits

Michael Edge

The SR Ashford shunter is looking good. I look forward to building one when the kit is available. Do you have an approximate release date?

I have a partially completed Golden Arrow resin one, but it's been shunted into a corner awaiting yours which looks so much better!

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Michael Edge said:

No date for either yet, the C14 may well be first unless we are kept waiting a bit for lost wax castings. I also need to find another source for .8mm square n/s (slidebars) which we used to get from Eileen's.

Have you tried Baz, at Metalsmith?

• 1 month later...
On 04/04/2022 at 10:09, Michael Edge said:

Stone-Faiveley 25kv pantograph kit

IMG_1097.jpg.d4f81d63d23d8340cbc55efe78ff8b6b.jpg

Shown here fitted to a Bachmann AL5, this retains the rtr model's air motor but parts for this are included in the kit.

Price is £10 + £2 postage.

Hi Mike,

This looks absolutely stunning. Looking for roughly four of these for various EMUs, do you have these in stock please?

Thanks in advance,

Will

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

We've had the first deliveries of etches from PPD and Grainge & Hodder now and will be increasing prices on new stock. I've altered the website to only show prices for kits in stock before the new deliveries, these will stay at the old prices until sold out.

We will be doing the usual demo at York this Easter, stand 48a on the 1st floor mezzanine.

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 24/04/2022 at 22:22, Michael Edge said:

Another development on the way now, replacement compensated frame for the Heljan class 14.

1904101806_IMG_12101.jpg.3f8722bbabec64285951c094e5e13f51.jpg

The frame goes together in much the same way as our kits but this one is very narrow with springs and axleboxes outside. Etched layered overlays for the outside of the gearbox and the springs/axkleboxes. This one is built for P4 with Gibson wheels and uses all the layers, for more sideplay on the centre axle the middle axleboxes can be assembled with fewer layers. There is a crack off line on the frame spacers for EM frames. The production vesion may well include moulded full thickness axleboxes as well. Etched cranks match the Gibson wheels for anyone who doesn't want to use plastic cranks.

615872871_IMG_12111.jpg.9c0e92581e387f1c12b1a421c63dd3c1.jpg

From underneath the compensating beams can be seen with added wire straps to prevent them from flexing inwards. The frames are also marked for High Level hornblocks. Drive would be on the leading axle, trailing axle rocks under the knife edge. The frame itself, even at P4 width is actually narrow enough to fit 00 gauge wheels. The Gibson wheels are tapped 12BA and fitted with plain Romford crankpins, as is my usual practice.

IMG_1212.jpg.4b6828096aa4f369a57c0cd178480ba8.jpg

Completed frame on the test track, the rods are overlapped on the crankpins to provide articulation.

IMG_1213.jpg.e53fd9efc2cef6f53e6dd54663eace0a.jpg

The other side, brakes and guard irons stand out a long way from the frame plates. The brake cross beams are two layers of etch sandwiching wire pull rods.

IMG_1214.jpg.14ebe82f0dd238b163ae94abb407d38f.jpg

The finished frame in the Heljan platform and buffer beams. The wheels supplied are from two batches, the grey ones are presumably much older and have a thicker boss on the backs, the axles supplied with them are a bit short as well. I can't check the fixing screws as I don't have the rest of the loco here but almost everything else fitted perfectly.

Hi Mike, any update on when this might be available ? 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

A lot? You mean not all of them?

Just look at the membership on here, bears, hippos and sheep.  And that's just those who "out" themselves.

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, figworthy said:

Just look at the membership on here, bears, hippos and sheep.  And that's just those who "out" themselves.

Adrian

Oh that's it, hamsters ignored yet again 😈

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4