Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Premium

J5385 looks like could be 47412. It’s certainly one of the 401-420 batch as the ETH jumper receptical is not above the buffer beam.

Hope you recover quickly, but take all the time you need.

Edited by brushman47544

Many, many, thanks for taking your time to share these family memories with us David. It's been a joy to view the many pictures of places I have, yet, to visit.

All the best and take it easy.

Regards, Frank.

• RMweb Gold

Yes Dave, get well and thanks for all your efforts.

I particularly like this thread as it reminds me of those "MerryMaker" mystery tours of the 70s and 80s.

Everyday I can go somewhere new or strangely familiar - (having never been there!) - but I don't know where I'm heading until I click this thread. Lovely picks and everyone contributes to give a wonderful narrative.

Kev.

All the best Dave, thanks for all the effort you have put in posting the photos - 541 pages (13500+ posts) says it all really.

Take care of yourself, and look forward to seeing more photos soon, not just for the photos, but because it will indicate better health for you!!

Kevin

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Firstly, the Welshpool and Llanfair Railway photo’s are fantastic, as are the ECML photo’s. All to treasure for both ourselves and future generations.

Please take time to do what you need to over the next few days, and, most importantly, find a way to get well, and back to full fitness. Out on a cycle ride today, I realised just how important good health is, and Im feeling better for that ride - ill health would have meant no ride.

So we will see you when we will see you, and thank you for the fantastic photo’s you have posted since 2014. We have been well and truly spoilt.

Very best regards,

Rob.

Edited by Market65

Take care Dave, thank you so much for evoking loads of memories and providing a lot of inspiration. Hope you're health improves soon and you're not away for too long, look forward to seeing your next batch of pics. 

Best Wishes,

Steve.

welcome to the thread Ernie, long been a fan of your photos

Thanks, I am confident that it should only be a short stay and Dave will be back at the helm ASAP once recovered. Luckily the weather is not conducive to modelling ; the loft being untenable. there's nowt on TV; Mrs "Ernie" is at work and the dogs are to overheated to do anything but sleep.

That only leaves the internet which is just as well because over on Flickr I have just obtained agreement to upload images from another ARPT Archive and there are still several thousand images to re-input.

My plan is only to upload images on here which are not now or will not be uploaded to Ernie's Railway Archive on Flickr.

Ernie

• Like 3

Thanks Ernie for some great photos.

I love the picture of Centenary on the Aldwarke fitted iron ore; not many colour photos of A3s on this working, although I have seen one of an A1 heading the train.

The date must be after mid-August when the German smoke deflectors were fitted. However, the loco seems to be in pretty good external condition and the cornfield to the left of the buffer beam looks ready for harvesting, so maybe the end of August 1961?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello, Ernie. I love the photo’s you’ve posted so far, and I’m looking forward to your next selection. Today, it’s been so good to see Falcon at the head of a train composed of Gresley, Thompson, and BR Mk1 stock. Just as I remember the early 1960’s. The new and the not so new all working alongside each other.

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 1