Bachmann 2016 Announcements

Andy Y

not sure if there are lots of people here who ever treated the hobby as being more important than housing, food, water etc.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure, by the way some people seem to become angered on here at times I get the feeling that some are on the verge of a psychological breakdown upon the realization that their newly awaited locomotive, wagon, coach etc etc is going to be a bit late.  :tease:

I like the feeling of anticipation as much as the next guy but anticipating something for so many years can sometimes by the end feel like the air being sucked out of a balloon. Any of the contributors on here who claim they don't mind must have the patience of a Saint. Any number of things could happen in that time as a couple of others have mentioned.

I tend to look at it this way... as in that model railways are my hobby, which, by the definition of a hobby, should be "pleasurable" and a "source of enjoyment".  The moment that it becomes anything else, eg. stressful, annoying, frustrating etc, then the pleasure immediately ceases, and my "source of relaxation" instead becomes a source of stress.  Quite simply, I have enough stress in my everyday working life, so why would I want to introduce even more stress from yet another source...

Seems logical to me...   :D

• RMweb Premium

I don't think many people suffer from any delusions that model trains are anything more than a hobby and that there are far more important things in life. I also think that in the greater scheme of things if we are whinging about the late delivery of model trains we are doing OK in life. But, having said that, people tend to be passionate about their hobbies and anything that stirs peoples passion is associated with strong emotional reaction. That can be both positive (note the 100's of very positive posts on the Locomotion APT-E thread where people are falling over themselves to share their genuine feelings of joy and happiness with the model) or it can be negative (people not liking the delays of some model projects). Both reactions are different sides of the same coin and it would be a much poorer hobby (and the model companies would have a harder job selling their wares....) if it did not generate these emotions. This isn't a model thing, it is something felt by all human beings when they find a passion in life, whatever that passion may be. We go to watch ice hockey and the emotions unleashed at games make anything seen here seem tame. I love cycling and get very up and down about aspects of cycling. Does that mean I am indifferent to the bigger issues in life? Not really, I've spent quite a bit of my time in recent years looking at dead bodies and assisting government agencies from various countries to investigate fatal incidents which kind of puts a lot of things into perspective and which is part of the reason why my hobbies are a bit of a retreat which allows me to indulge my passion and emotions.

Besides: 

-Class 37 Mary Queen of Scots

-Class 47 Metals sector 31-662

-Class 47 Large logo BR blue 31-660

Are there any other BR Large arrow (blue), railfreight-grey-with-red-stripe or triple grey class 37/47s announced/are in the pipeline?

Besides:

-Class 37 Mary Queen of Scots

-Class 47 Metals sector 31-662

-Class 47 Large logo BR blue 31-660

Are there any other BR Large arrow (blue), railfreight-grey-with-red-stripe or triple grey class 37/47s announced/are in the pipeline?

Bachmann have recently released 37706 in petroleum triple grey and a coal sector 37/7 too. Model Rail have a nice split box 37068 in RF distribution triple grey also available hope that helps.

Mark

Bachmann have recently released 37706 in petroleum triple grey and a coal sector 37/7 too. Model Rail have a nice split box 37068 in RF distribution triple grey also available hope that helps.

Mark

Kernow have 37672 in RFD weathered too.

Cheers

Marcus

I agree with nearly all of that but I still get this nagging, pedantic feeling that things included in a catalogue dated 2016/7 really ought to turn up in 2016 or 2017.

John

PS. It needs to be a Class 120 rather than a 114. Told you I didn't agree with all of your post. :jester:

Class 104 for the Buxton line preferably. :-).

peterfgf

The manufacturers could adopt one of two approaches. Say that this year a manufacturer decides to make an OO scale Class 114 DMU:

1. They announce this immediately, but the model does not appear until 2019. Result: We get the model in 2019.

2. They only announce this when the model is close to actually appearing, say in 2018. Result: We get the model in 2019.

Either way, we still get the model, and with the first approach have longer to look forward to it !

Or in the case of a headcode class 24

1. They announce this immediately, but the model does not appear until 2018.

2. Someone else produces a skinhead 24 that is significantly better than their offering.

3  Other manufacturer continues turning out 24 variants including the (highland) headcode versions.

4  By the time 1st manufacturer's headcode 24 appears, the demand is low and sales poor because most people already have what they want.

Ps dunsignalling had it correct, it's definitely a 120.

• RMweb Gold

Or in the case of a headcode class 24

1. They announce this immediately, but the model does not appear until 2018.

2. Someone else produces a skinhead 24 that is significantly better than their offering.

3 Other manufacturer continues turning out 24 variants including the (highland) headcode versions.

4 By the time 1st manufacturer's headcode 24 appears, the demand is low and sales poor because most people already have what they want.

Ps dunsignalling had it correct, it's definitely a 120.

Or as what happened in Germany (allegedly, by one vendor), that two vendors near simultaneous announce the same new model, both appear approx 18 months on, both hit the shelves, to avoid the issue then vendor A says we're going to make model X, as the other vendor is doing model Y...

Then 12 months later... Turns out both vendors decided to do model X at the same time....again.

To quote Schliesenmodelles words "instead of 5 PKP different models, we have 2"

Source (in German) is Schliesenmodelles Facebook in response as to why Piko and they are both doing EU07/21 models and this year are both doing SU45 (vice an ET22 and an SU45). Given the scarcity of PKP models and the market size this is very unfortunate and hurts everyone including the modeller.

Odd question, does anybody know if Bachmann are planning to release any more Bulleids in Southern Malachite to match the Thanet Flyer pack?  (Yes, I know they're not accurate and so on, but really that doesn't bother me).  It's just that I'd love to get the set, and extend it beyond the two coaches included.

Thanks,

Tom

Nice to see a model of the Class 319 come out. As I will probably get all three of them despite that they are being made in N gauge. I hope that the larger OO gauge variant will follow afterwards as I would like a nice RTR Class 319 in OO gauge with all the bits and bobs.

Anyone know why the GWR 166 has disappeared off the list?

http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/prod1.php?prod_selected=branchline&prod=4

No idea. I’d like the reason to be an upgrade to DCC-ready with provision for a decent speaker but I’m quite certain I’m wrong.

Drop Bachmann a line. It is certainly in the printed catalogue. That's only a month or so old.

Interesting comments in mail about the V3 showing it to be one of the first with a Next18 DCC and the provision for sound and lights. Does this shout as they are going to factory fit these to a later model?

Production samples have now arrived for the highly anticipated Bachmann Branchline OO scale Class V3 2-6-2 Tank Locomotives. These models feature an all new chassis with wheels running in separate bearings, wiper pickups, NEM couplings and the latest DCC technology - Next18. Optimized for DCC, the V3 includes connections on the circuit board for the addition of DCC lighting and sound, with space provided for a sugar cube speaker. With body variations covering original or hopper style bunkers and straight or cranked steam pipes, two models will soon be available from your local Bachmann stockist. Item No. 31-614 No. 67646 in BR lined black with late crest and 31-615 No. 67690 in BR lined black with early emblem each have an RRP of £129.95 - for further details visit the Bachmann website.

That GWR Class 166 is on my shopping list along with those three Farish Class 319's :).

Me too. Except I also have that Southern class 171 on my list which was announced three years ago. Can anyone remember when the 166 was originally announced?

• RMweb Premium

Me too. Except I also have that Southern class 171 on my list which was announced three years ago. Can anyone remember when the 166 was originally announced?

After the retooled 158................. but then again, that covers most of the Bachmann range.

Cheers,

Mick

Well, we say there are much more important things in life than toy trains - yes, there are - your health and family / friends.

To be honest everything else isn't because why the hell do I toil away year after year if it isn't to do the stuff I enjoy in the meagre spare time I get.

• RMweb Gold

Bacchy web site now says Whickham trolley due in next 60 days...

Wonder where a DCC chip might fit - under the roof was a suggestion at the Bristol show yesterday

Phil

29th April - 1st May saw the 48th Annual Bristol Model Railway Exhibition, held at Thornbury Leisure Centre. This year saw the show expand by a third hall, featuring no less than 39 layout in a variety of gauges, plus Demo's, Societies and Trade Stands. 
One of the major sponsors of the event was Bachmann Europe PLC, displaying a wide array of new Bachmann Branchline and Graham Farish models and prototypes on their Roadshow Stand. 
In this video we take a closer look at what was on display on the day.
Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owv8mKsPZo4

post-20663-0-52915000-1462377106_thumb.gif

Archived