Hornby 2017 Range (announcement date)

MGR Hooper!

Oh well. one Black Peckett and no repeats thats it....well done Hornby so nice to see such customer support! Hope a rival introduces Pecketts that are for sale ASAP! It is useless to plan ahead with Hornby they do not seemed to grasp dealing with customers who want to purchase items.

I thought you believed Hornby to be a very competent company? :)

Paul

4mt 4-6-0 back,and in green as well as black! It was only done in black first time round! Also Royal Scot, Merchant Navy, 8f and Q back. Surprised to see another main range B17 being done, can't see that selling.

I think it's the Q1?

As far as I can see neither of them have the moving lubricator. None have since the initial batch, which is a pity. But it's good to see this loco returning.

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Oh well. one Black Peckett and no repeats thats it....well done Hornby so nice to see such customer support! Hope a rival introduces Pecketts that are for sale ASAP! It is useless to plan ahead with Hornby they do not seemed to grasp dealing with customers who want to purchase items.

It does seem strange when there are so many colourful possibilities!

The Railroad GWR 14xx comes as a bit of a surprise.  The old Airfix edition fetches a good price used, so there's bound to be demand for a new one.  Two new Sentinels, that's ten different liveries - it would be nice to see another variation for the Peckett, though, if demand has been as good as discussion on the forum suggests.  There's a Huntley and Palmers six plank wagon for anyone who purchased the Huntley and Palmers Peckett.

• RMweb Gold

Those of us who planned far enough ahead to order one in advance don't seem to have had a problem. Perhaps better planning next time?

And of course there does seem to have been supply available for all three from some places until very recently - so I am with you Fireline, better planning / action needed on the part of those who wish to purchase, not from Hornby.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

You had the same chances as everyone else to pre-order one of the first liveries. I can't believe how much wailing you have done about the whole thing, for a grown man.

You were even told last night where you could pick up the phone and get one this morning.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I think it's the Q1?

As far as I can see neither of them have the moving lubricator. None have since the initial batch, which is a pity. But it's good to see this loco returning.

Paul

Depends on the Q1, not all had the Mechanical Lubricator fitted - 33032 did however

Return of the KFA is good!

The 87 is the 'big one' for me this year. I'd like either a FGW or GWR HST but the former is difficult and or expensive to get a full set (at least compared to the VTEC set) and the latter looks to have very expensive power cars.

Reissue of 3 models of the rebuilt Royal Scots (2 in LMS livery) - does this mean they have addressed the issue of the disintegrating motor retainer or is it still caveat emptor?

Plus an 8F with what looks like the old tender drive Fowler tender used in the Railroad range - perhaps the 8F is now officially downgraded to Railroad, or is there a new policy of mix n match the ranges?

A new series called "the last day" with a loco from each of the big 4.

• RMweb Premium

That black Peckett is going to be popular as the base for a lot of fictional industrial private operators.  Might pick up one myself as I have a box full of long frame push pull M7's and am quite surprised that Hornby have gone for yet another one so will pass on it!!  Have Hornby lost the moulding for the round splasher M7 variant?  Need a couple of them.

Also just noticed the Class 90 has been bounced down to Railroad status at last.

Website keeps crashing.

Edited by John M Upton

• RMweb Gold

Breakfast grapes a little sour again this morning ? For once,just be grateful for what you've got.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

That black Peckett is going to be popular as the base for a lot of fictional industrial private operators.  Might pick up one myself as I have a box full of long frame push pull M7's and am quite surprised that Hornby have gone for yet another one so will pass on it!!  Have Hornby lost the moulding for the round splasher M7 variant?  Need a couple of them.

Also just noticed the Class 90 has been bounced down to Railroad status at last.

Website keeps crashing.

Hi John

I agree with the black Peckett. With respect to the M7 I too would like a round splasher variant as well and I will make a suggestion to them for next year perhaps. My guess is that as they are including another Pull push set the long frame pull push version of the M7 as well as the H class makes some sense.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Not a great range for me,got excited when I saw the green 31 only to be disappointed at it being a railroad one.

Scaledale is a bit weak too, I was hoping for council houses and flint cottages

You had the same chances as everyone else to pre-order one of the first liveries. I can't believe how much wailing you have done about the whole thing, for a grown man.

I am merely asking for reasonable supplies of goods, not being grateful for crumbs which seem to satisfy yourself. At least Hornby have a new version, but no repeats of the popular ones........yes, this is distressing, it is a British Company who seem to have their heads buried in the sand. I would not have ordered a quantity till the first were tested out.

It is not wailing to comment on our site about model railways, and lack of supplies introduce on a glut or famine sales method. It leaves the smaller traders with customers who cannot purchase the originals, and the Hornby announcement only has one version,, so if we need two or more they will have to be pre-ordered yet again, with another long wait.

Everybody I have shown the locos to wants to buy them, but now a wait and at least a new livery, but it will mean repaints to match earlier purchases or an all black fleet.

It is also not wailing to publish all the help and advice I can supply freely about Model Railways, I always try to help as much as possible and not criticise modellers, but Companies who supply the Modeller are a different matter altogether.

Stephen

The pecketts will come - the length of time that it takes to assemble a range of products for 2017 more than encompasses the entire period that the pecketts have been on sale. Fiscal prudence is the name of the game with the plain black example. Now that their success has been established I expect we will see a few ad hoc additions to pecketts throughout the year. the pattern roughly matches the sentinel diesels and look how many variotions of those that we now have

Edited by Edge

I am merely asking for reasonable supplies of goods, not being grateful for crumbs which seem to satisfy yourself. At least Hornby have a new version, but no repeats of the popular ones........yes, this is distressing, it is a British Company who seem to have their heads buried in the sand. I would not have ordered a quantity till the first were tested out.

It is not wailing to comment on our site about model railways, and lack of supplies introduce on a glut or famine sales method. It leaves the smaller traders with customers who cannot purchase the originals, and the Hornby announcement only has one version,, so if we need two or more they will have to be pre-ordered yet again, with another long wait.

Everybody I have shown the locos to wants to buy them, but now a wait and at least a new livery, but it will mean repaints to match earlier purchases or an all black fleet.

It is also not wailing to publish all the help and advice I can supply freely about Model Railways, I always try to help as much as possible and not criticise modellers, but Companies who supply the Modeller are a different matter altogether.

Stephen

If you're hungry, crumbs will do