Why has nobody identified that coach wot I arsked about? Come on gang, I'm really, really serious about that.

A. Bogie

Looks a bit LMSish to me. Maybe Larry Goddard is the one to ask?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Looks a bit LMSish to me. Maybe Larry Goddard is the one to ask?

I thought that as well, bogies look LMS. But the suffix letter looks like a W not an M.

The thingy on the roof could be a ventilation duct for a sleeper, but it don't have SLEEPING CAR on its side.

The train looks odd with a BR mk1 coach in the middle.

• RMweb Premium

Why has nobody identified that coach wot I arsked about? Come on gang, I'm really, really serious about that.

A. Bogie

I did arsked on the Faceache group, what it come from, but as yet no response. 

They're probably too busy looking through their s##t for demons or something... you know what Faceache is like.  :rolleyes:

• RMweb Premium

Mystery carriage looks to be a former 'Coronation Scot' vestibule first diner.

I have just been through my Jenkinson and Essery books, I couldn't find a ready photo but from the text I would agree it is a D1902 RFO that has been modified for the 1938 Coronation Scot.

• RMweb Premium

OR...

"Both are Collett pull- push brakes for auto train working. The driver drives the loco in one direction, then drives from a cab in the coach on the return journey".

No idea myself but at least that geeza used the term correctly... Pull-Push ;)

• RMweb Premium

As a partially re-enfranchised advocate of the Encyclopedic Aesthetic, I feel that the mechanical mark-making of the gesture visually and conceptually activates the distinctive formal juxtapositions. 

I had rice pudding for afters tonight. :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Obvious innit? The LMR were fed up with it so Wolverton palmed it off on Swindon

Tim T

Seemingly it would be used in services such as trains from Wolverhampton (Midlands area) to the west having been offered to the MR Central Division after the war. Other than that I can't find any info in my Jenks Essy bibbleorgraffy. Might have been used as an Open rather than a Diner?

Philth  

Edited by Mallard60022