KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, PenrithBeacon said:

This model has had very good reviews so much so that I'm tempted. Does anyone have maintenance sheets, please, it might give some clues as to how easy or not it's convertible to P4

Tempted? You better hope there is a 2nd run then. 

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Tempted? You better hope there is a 2nd run then. 

KR models said there would be in the World of Railways exhibition interview this past weekend.

Cheers

Darius

Edited by Darius43
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

KR models said there would be in the World of Railways exhibition interview this past weekend.

Cheers

Darius

I hope they had subtiltles so we could understand that Johnny Foreigner type!

anyway it’s good news about a 2nd run, I’m certainly interested in getting my name down for one of the new batch 

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

Cheers

Darius

Most likely more GT3s will be sold on the second run.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, big jim said:

anyway it’s good news about a 2nd run, I’m certainly interested in getting my name down for one of the new batch 

I don’t have any problems understanding Phil when he is talking.

Cheers

Darius

• Funny 1

On 13/03/2021 at 13:28, cctransuk said:

Indeed it is - but your recent posting doesn't give the impression of a mature company.

I can't recall any of the mainstream model railway companies "poking fun at the doubters", despite them being continuously criticised by a certain section of the membership here. They simply 'rise above it', and get on with producing model railways.

Just my opinion - take it as you will.

John Isherwood.

man alive....Can you not let this go please. It is really taking the joy out of actually getting this model. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, big jim said:

I know my father can be a bit painful on the ears, lord knows after 25 years I am well aware haha

But yes, the 2nd run of the GT3 is going to go ahead as planned. Rest easy knowing that.

-Mike

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, KR Models said:

I know my father can be a bit painful on the ears, lord knows after 25 years I am well aware haha

But yes, the 2nd run of the GT3 is going to go ahead as planned. Rest easy knowing that.

-Mike

Great news. I didn’t see much of the WOR show so that is great news a 2nd run is going ahead. Perhaps we will see KR become a leading manufacturer in the oddball stock market. 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Hilux5972 said:

Great news. I didn’t see much of the WOR show so that is great news a 2nd run is going ahead. Perhaps we will see KR become a leading manufacturer in the oddball stock market. 

As long as they don't become an oddball manufacturer in the leading stock market :man_in_love_mini: :maninlove: xD

Great to see its Imminent arival in customers hot sweaty hands and will be looking for brownie points with her indoors to see if I can sneak an order in for the second batch :bye:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Hornby have just listed on the London Stock Market.

Where is the Oddball Stock Market based?

Have Hornby moved back to the main market?  Nothing on their RNs about it so I presumed they are still listed on the AIM market to which they moved in 2015.

37 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Have Hornby moved back to the main market?  Nothing on their RNs about it so I presumed they are still listed on the AIM market to which they moved in 2015.

Sorry - my mistake.  They're still on AIM. 

I thought I had read of a main listing, but the announcement was that they had raised £15m by issuing 42m new shares.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 13/03/2021 at 13:28, cctransuk said:

I can't recall any of the mainstream model railway companies "poking fun at the doubters",

Maybe not on the forum..

but in person, some really stick the knives in, out and twist it about.

One of the finer more entertaining points of shows, that covid has taken from us currently.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Ive received an email, saying they are here and get ready.

I'm so excited I won't sleep :yahoo:!

Not that I've got my email yet!

Edited by Tim Hall

A general question to those out there that live in the EU, if I may? My partner has just received a text on her mobile saying there is a parcel outstanding but held up due to unpaid custom duties (the GT3 shouldn't be subject to tariffs but VAT IF I've understood things correctly).

I think I smell a rat as I haven't given her mobile number to KR and the site to which it wants me to go to is not a secure site (i.e., https://), and if it was a boney fido courrier/carrier, I'm sure it would have had a name attached to the incoming number. But .... but .... I thought I'd ask in case anyone else was waiting and had received a similar text.

Cheers,

Philip

Edited by Philou
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 minutes ago, Philou said:

A general question to those out there that live in the EU, if I may? My partner has just received a text on her mobile saying there is a parcel outstanding but held up due to unpaid custom duties (the GT3 shouldn't be subject to tariffs but VAT IF I've understood things correctly).

I think I smell a rat as I haven't given her mobile number to KR and the site to which it wants me to go to is not a secure site (i.e., https://), and if it was a boney fido courrier/carrier, I'm sure it would have had a name attached to the incoming number. But .... but .... I thought I'd ask in case anyone else was waiting and had received a similar text.

Cheers,

Philip

No one has posted that they have had the dispatch email yet so I don't think it can be the GT3. 

I do know that here in the UK that recently there has been multiple texts pretending to be Royal Mail or other carrier saying there's a parcel for you click the link to pay a fee or similar etc. To me your situation sounds similar, unless of course your excpecting another parcel if not then it sounds a scam. 

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Philou said:

Cheers,

Philip

@Pre Grouping fan is correct, that isnt us. We send out all tracking information to our customers regarding their package. Since we haven't sent any out yet, no one should have received such a message.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Philou said:

Cheers,

Philip

Sounds like a phishing scam text.  There are quite a few of these going the rounds.

Darius

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 13/03/2021 at 13:40, big jim said:

I should imagine it’s not just me who’s thinking all this back and forth “he said, she said” getting a little tiresome now!

let’s hope people start to get their locos soon and review on here to divert attention away from it if nothing else, I’m certainly one of those who wasn’t aware of the loco or company until recently and am eagerly awaiting the order books to open for the 2nd run as it’s a stunning looking model (and prototype) even though it will only sit in the display cabinet 

Indeed. I think I said something similar a while back. I'd like to hope people might talk about the model at some point, but I'm not holding my breath.

On 13/03/2021 at 14:32, Darius43 said:

So please tell us more about this amicable and respectful relationship that you have with KR Models.

Cheers

Darius  - who is looking forward to receiving a GT3 soon and is now off to lightly weather an SR General Manager’s saloon and an NR Inspection Coach.

No, for the love of [bleep], please don't tell us any more. We don't need any more comments on what people think of each other, of other people's businesses or how they think things should be/should have been/might have been/could be. The rest of us are sick to the high teeth of coming here to read about a new and interesting model to read the same old crap, frankly, over and over. It's well past its sell-by date, everything that needed saying (and more) was said when it may have been remotely relevant. None of it is any more, and even if it was at one point, most of the rest of us don't give a [bleep] any more. 

Besides not doing anyone any favours, its starting to become disrespectful to the rest of us who actually want to read about the model to keep seeing the same thing go on and on and on and on like kids in a playground.

Edited by JDW
  • Agree 8
  • Round of applause 1

20 minutes ago, JDW said:

Indeed. I think I said something similar a while back. I'd like to hope people might talk about the model at some point, but I'm not holding my breath.

No, for the love of [bleep], please don't tell us any more. We don't need any more comments on what people think of each other, of other people's businesses or how they think things should be/should have been/might have been/could be. The rest of us are sick to the high teeth of coming here to read about a new and interesting model to read the same old crap, frankly, over and over. It's well past its sell-by date, everything that needed saying (and more) was said when it may have been remotely relevant. None of it is any more, and even if it was at one point, most of the rest of us don't give a [bleep] any more. 

Besides not doing anyone any favours, its starting to become disrespectful to the rest of us who actually want to read about the model to keep seeing the same thing go on and on and on and on like kids in a playground.

Why bring it up again 5 days later, you're adding to it.

It just needs to fade away now without being spoken about.

• Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Why bring it up again 5 days later, you're adding to it.

It just needs to fade away now without being spoken about.

Like the opposite of Scotch tapes...

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Oooooo I'm getting excited. I'm right looking forward to running GT3 on my fledgling layout. I have now managed to get a full roundy roundy, so can run on DCC for the first time.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Philou said:

Cheers,

Philip

I had a similar txt from someone called International Parcel Service advising me that my parcel is delayed awaiting import fee payment. A quick Google shows IPS to be a scam. The confusion Brexit has caused is being milked by the usual scrotes. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

39 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

I had a similar txt from someone called International Parcel Service advising me that my parcel is delayed awaiting import fee payment. A quick Google shows IPS to be a scam. The confusion Brexit has caused is being milked by the usual scrotes. 

Yep, although I don't think it's solely caused by Brexit, but the confusing import regs for personal orders that have always been in place. Purchasing from places like the US, Japan, etc., has always been fraught, somewhat a minefield and open to scamming. Just that with the BBC and other news broadcasters constantly blaming Brexit for everything it's in the public conscience and encourages more scammers.