Bachmann announce NEW Class 47

AY Mod

Here are a couple more pictures of the blue one - for me the 'must have' livery, a run-of-the-mill blue example with dominos. I parted with a couple of 'celebrity' liveries to make room for this one but it will join existing Heljan and Bachmann examples which still look the part to me

IMG_20220103_122052.jpg

IMG_20220103_122112.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

I particularly am interested in 47/4s in standard and revised standard for mid 80s use on inter-regionals, and preferably without names and without weathering. Still none of those announced yet (?) afaik.

• Like 3

With the fitting of working fans on the Class 47 which I’m guessing will be a feature going forward on other high end releases is the next logical improvement a smoke unit to give these fans something to do?  We now have at the high end at least superb chassis and detailing, amazing lighting and sounds, is smoke the next step to compliment working fans?

Was informed by a local model shop owner the other day that Bachmann have dropped the mid range option (sound fitted but no working fans or fancy windscreen) for future Class 47 releases so only DCC ready or SFX options will available. Can any one confirm if this is correct? 
Cheers, 

Bill. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, billywhizz said:

Was informed by a local model shop owner the other day that Bachmann have dropped the mid range option (sound fitted but no working fans or fancy windscreen) for future Class 47 releases so only DCC ready or SFX options will available. Can any one confirm if this is correct? 
Cheers, 

Bill. 

No idea, but it would make sense if the SFX versions have all sold out quickly whereas the normal sound only options have not been so popular. Producing three different options increases the risk that a less popular option hangs around on shop shelves and it is much more difficult to judge how many to produce of each version. Three options with the first releases may well have been to test the waters for the different options.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Butler Henderson said:

Surely no will know until Bachmann make their next announcement which should be early February

I would have thought that’s far too soon for Bachmann to have taken into account sales of the latest releases. I can’t see the next batch of Class 47s being announced before the summer/autumn.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

I would have thought that’s far too soon for Bachmann to have taken into account sales of the latest releases. I can’t see the next batch of Class 47s being announced before the summer/autumn.

Maybe they’ll look to announce fairly early due to the current situation regarding both manufacturing and shipping, at least it allows a long lead time for getting in pre-orders

2 hours ago, taliesin said:

With the fitting of working fans on the Class 47 which I’m guessing will be a feature going forward on other high end releases is the next logical improvement a smoke unit to give these fans something to do?  We now have at the high end at least superb chassis and detailing, amazing lighting and sounds, is smoke the next step to compliment working fans?

notoriously smoke doesn't scale well . even the O gauge smoke diesels i've seen don't look like anything other than a lit cigar 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, billywhizz said:

Cheers, 

Bill. 

That would be rather a shame...as I will part with the £288 for a sound fitted one (excellent value for money for V5 sound at around £84), but £314 is a bit much, though I appreciate what it gets you. Smoke would tempt me, but we all know that it doesn't scale well.

Another in the camp of keeping the original fleet with whatever Bachmann produce probably joining alongside, certainly an Intercity variant next month...I've yet to take the plunge with 47004 though.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, rob D2 said:

notoriously smoke doesn't scale well . even the O gauge smoke diesels i've seen don't look like anything other than a lit cigar 

be interesting to see if Dapol continue to flog that horse with the class 59

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, taliesin said:

We now have at the high end at least superb chassis and detailing, amazing lighting and sounds, is smoke the next step to compliment working fans?

What has smoke got to do with the fans on a diesel loco? They are only to pull air through the radiators.

Roy

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

I think he meant complement, but even so, there’s really no suggestion that smoke comes through the fans. Clearly he is suggesting exhaust smoke generators could be next feature to be added.

29 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

What has smoke got to do with the fans on a diesel loco? They are only to pull air through the radiators.

Roy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Roy

17 minutes ago, stovepipe said:

I think he meant complement, but even so, there’s really no suggestion that smoke comes through the fans. Clearly he is suggesting exhaust smoke generators could be next feature to be added.

Depends if he’s modelling it on fire or not.

They weren't called duffs for nothing.

:D

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

5 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Depends if he’s modelling it on fire or not.

They weren't called duffs for nothing.

:D

Yes, please forgive my woolly description, I did mean exhaust smoke generators, possibly the final frontier to cross in realism

• RMweb Gold

When Bachmann announce a second run, I really hope that they include a WCRC 47/8.  47802 seems to be really common in this neck of the woods, might be nice to model it.

• RMweb Premium

I’ve finally had the opportunity to examine and run my sound fitted 47012. Generally, I’m very happy with the loco. The chassis details, electronics and running are an improvement over the old model, with running very smooth straight from the box. Like some have observed with their fleets, my existing 47s are all a little “grindy”; the new model is certainly a considerable improvement. And overall I think the model looks better too but not so much that my existing ones look out of place. So Bachmann more BR Blue and 1980's Scottish locos please.

However, I have to say I’m disappointed with certain aspects of the sound file. I may end up going for a reblow but for now I’d like to adjust the overall volume, adjust the relative volumes of some of the individual sounds and remove/mute the very annoying 4 switch sounds that play ever time I change direction with the direction lights on. I’ll also try dimming the engine room lights. I plan to write to Bachmann to obtain details of the various CVs that will enable me to do this but I’m wondering if anybody already has a list together with the default values.

Many thanks in advance.

PJ10

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

3 hours ago, PJ10 said:

I’ve finally had the opportunity to examine and run my sound fitted 47012. Generally, I’m very happy with the loco. The chassis details, electronics and running are an improvement over the old model, with running very smooth straight from the box. Like some have observed with their fleets, my existing 47s are all a little “grindy”; the new model is certainly a considerable improvement. And overall I think the model looks better too but not so much that my existing ones look out of place. So Bachmann more BR Blue and 1980's Scottish locos please.

However, I have to say I’m disappointed with certain aspects of the sound file. I may end up going for a reblow but for now I’d like to adjust the overall volume, adjust the relative volumes of some of the individual sounds and remove/mute the very annoying 4 switch sounds that play ever time I change direction with the direction lights on. I’ll also try dimming the engine room lights. I plan to write to Bachmann to obtain details of the various CVs that will enable me to do this but I’m wondering if anybody already has a list together with the default values.

Many thanks in advance.

PJ10

Hi there if you go into cvs and use cv 63 and then you  can change the overall volume of the sound file. I turn my 47 down to the value of 100. Little less noisy . If that helps 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, PJ10 said:

Many thanks in advance.

PJ10

If you can wait until the weekend I will put mine on my LokProgrammer and work out what sound is on what CV. 

Roy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

If you can wait until the weekend I will put mine on my LokProgrammer and work out what sound is on what CV. 

Roy

Morning Roy, That would be fantastic. Many thanks.

PJ10

20 hours ago, PJ10 said:

Agreed regarding the light switch sounds - they get annoying very quickly. I disabled them and dimmed the engine room lights via Lokprogrammer but didn't record which CVs were involved.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Krieghoff said:

Could someone post up the CV's for the loksound programmer and give an idiots guide as to how to dim the lights and stop the annoying switching sound !!!!

As I posted only three posts ago, I will get my LokProgrammer out at the weekend for the CVs. 

All things come to those who wait;)

Roy 

Edited by Roy Langridge
Typo
  • Like 1