The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

A'noon.  Grey wet miserable day here, you would think it was winter. Oh.

Michael, cauliflower rice is a thing, and a useful one for us T2 diabetics that can't eat rice or pasta without blood glucose going stratospheric.

Statins - a friend had them after a 'cardiac event' - he was lucky to live - and they did something to his leg muscles, and as a result is now partially disabled.  I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole - there are alternatives in most cases, there was for him too.  He is very bitter about the event.

Andy ID, Losartan isn't a statin, it's an angiotensin antagonist.  Used to be on that for BP, but a small dose of bisoprolol has proved more effective for me.

• Informative/Useful 6
  • Friendly/supportive 13

Greetings all from a Sidcup where it is currently dry but a little cloudy. Today is an interlude; the in laws left earlier today and my lot arrive tomorrow morning; fortunately there is an ocado order due later as the wine levels are running dangerously low!

i have finished off the Christmas pud and the air is filed with the delicious smells of beef and shallots stewing before they form the filing of a pie for tomorrow.

otherwise not too much to report from here. Have a good day all

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Hmm, the bit about statins affecting your mood is a bit worrying. It doesn't take a lot to make me fly off the handle.

Also heard that they can give joint pains which I don't need as I've got enough of those already.

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

Just realised reading these post's that I've been on 80mg  Atorvastatin since my heart attack almost 2 years ago. I hadn't realised what they were, as I never read the box. The Hospital prescribed them when I was discharged and told me in no uncertain terms that I would be on them for LIFE.

And that was reiterated again last Month when my Surgeon signed me off.

I've had no side effects other than having to build more Layouts as a result of taking them:o.:good::D.

• Like 2
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold

Statins

I was put on Atorvastatin 40mg and aspirin 150mg (both daily) after a quadruple bypass op. So I've been on it since 1997 and have never been fitter. Bypass op caused by bad chloresterol; reading was around 11 when 5 was the max target figure and main heart arteries were blocking. 7 days after the op the district nurse couldn't understand how I managed to get to the door to let her in the house. 76 birthday was last month and I'm still active- indeed my understanding is being sensibly active is good for a weakish heart.

Hope this helps others.....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Cheers, folks. Hope you all made it through the holidays all right!

Inhaling right now as there still seem to be remnants of the pneumonia I had, causing a very annoying cough. Still sated from the roast goose yesterday, so I’ll probably leave it at something simple for dinner.

With the shops open again, I also needed some bits for home improvement work, and came across a product line for left-wing Arab nationalists, it would seem... :jester:

7587A723-0583-4C6B-BBE6-96AEADA30C77.jpeg

• Funny 15

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Hmm, the bit about statins affecting your mood is a bit worrying. It doesn't take a lot to make me fly off the handle.

Also heard that they can give joint pains which I don't need as I've got enough of those already.

You certainly don't need them I had the same problem and you know how volatile I am sometimes, I'm on the old fashion tabs pre statin carp Fenofibrate does the same job. 

I've never been higher than 4.7 to 5 one of the quacks said I should have a reading of 2.8 I told him the only way that would happen if you drained the blood out of me.:biggrin_mini2:

I don't think it wise for you to start super gluing your cut we all know you will end up sticking hands together . :rofl:

Afternoon campers 

Weather stayed dry long enough to walk the mad dog he was as good as gold today he did give me a sheepish look when I let myself in when we went out he was muzzled up the 

new neighbour said #ucking hell is he that bad I said no come and stroke him:whistle:

I had a surprise this morning Blondie text me :wub:  to say she could not get through the past few days, the masts round here are giving trouble at the moment we had a nice chat she is away

to relatives in the New Forest she will call when she returns Lady Horsell will be ditched soon she was about as exciting as a slab of dried up clay and she reminded me of that odious creature 

I once had the misfortune of living with, never judge a book by it's cover as the old wives tale goes. 

Enjoy the rest of it :superman:I.M.Porkinit :biggrin_mini2:

Have a peek at this

https://imgur.com/gallery/nrlIog9

Edited by 81C
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold

I had heard that ordinary household superglue shouldn't be used on wounds but have found this which is quite useful:

https://www.realfirstaid.co.uk/superglue

My cut is right over the thumb joint and that is why it's causing problems and the above does advise against using  cyano over joints.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 7
  • Friendly/supportive 11

9 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

I had heard that ordinary household superglue shouldn't be used on wounds but have found this which is quite useful:

My cut is right over the thumb joint and that is why it's causing problems and the above does advise against using  cyano over joints.

Maybe you should get a couple of stitches?

• Like 7
  • Agree 7

17 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Maybe put a splint on the thumb for a couple of hours so you cannot bend it whilst your blood coagulates across the cut.

image.png.301b0691a24b57ee96a07f4f3e9fe3ff.pngimage.png.4abfcca023283069f56cb8e539bac695.png

Edited by woodenhead
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

With regard to Statins, I have heard (and read) that the particular brand can make a big difference - some people who have been on them for years start having side effects all of a sudden; it turns out that their GP's have shifted them onto a cheaper brand (of supposedly the same thing) to save money.

• Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2