Next batch of Class 70's

70811 and 70813 should be on UK soil later today. They arrived in Liverpool Tuesday on board the Atlantic Star.

Cheers,

Mick

Thanks Mick. I have been on the docks this afternoon and both Colas 70s are out of the ship. Nowhere to take a photo though unfortunately.

Edited by Powerhaul 70 Pey

Earlier today I passed by from a distance and I thought I could make out a class 60 parked up in front of the two class 70's, I returned later to find only the 70's there.

Sorry about the obstuctions..and mobile phone photos.

70 811 closest 70 813 furthest away.

Cheers.

post-727-0-61068200-1490974565_thumb.jpg

post-727-0-31594100-1490974592_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

I'm hearing that G.E need to sort out their quality control with these latest 70's. Even 812 had issues that needed to be addressed with barely a dozen hours on the clock!

Still, this is G.E we're talking about. ;)

• RMweb Gold

I'm hearing that G.E need to sort out their quality control with these latest 70's. Even 812 had issues that needed to be addressed with barely a dozen hours on the clock!

Still, this is G.E we're talking about. ;)

what issues were those then?

she was good as gold for me for the 0 to 4 hours on the clock i had it so i hope i didnt break it

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

what issues were those then?

she was good as gold for me for the 0 to 4 hours on the clock i had it so i hope i didnt break it

No, nothing like that, Jim I don't think. 

I'm not sure of the exact details, had a chat with a Colas fitter who used the words 'some issues' and something about a poorly designed and wired switch somewhere causing a short. It was also having the park brake mods carried out at the same time.

I also heard that one of them had some poor paint application aswell and had to go back rectification.

Edited by Gary H

• 2 weeks later...

805 looked fine yesterday heading North through Hitchin with a long engineering train from Hoo junction to Whitemoor.

Jamie

Thanks Jamie, someone maybe pulling my leg telling me they had been all withdrawn to Canton depot due to gauging and build issues.???

Fake news from Mr Trump I suspect.??

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Jamie, someone maybe pulling my leg telling me they had been all withdrawn to Canton depot due to gauging and build issues.???

I think that quite a few of the Freightliner batch are stored at Midland Road depot in Leeds but don't know the details.

Jamie

• Like 1

It's correct in one way the last new ones to arrive have been stopped due to electrical issues and a few other faults on Canton waiting attention from GE so I'm told

• RMweb Gold

Shortly after setting off on its return journey on 11th May 2017, 70807 passes Oakenshaw Junction with 4V45, 10.00 Leeds Stourton RMC to Cardiff Pengam Sidings.

post-414-0-47806900-1494500665.jpg

• Like 7

Hi Guys

Yesterday around 19:50. I caught a fleeting glimpse of a Colas 70 powering away through Port Talbot, heading towards Cardiff. It wasn't on the Baglan Log Train, as that was still in the Log Sidings in Baglan. It looked like it was pulling Freightliner Coal Wagons! Would anyone know what and where it was going too and where had it come from?

Thanks Simon.

• Like 1